Class of 2020 - C Noah Waterman (NY) Portal to Louisville | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Noah Waterman (NY) Portal to Louisville

M2MPrinciples

2nd String
Don't know if he's following Mark Pope to UK but he's from nearby Savannah. Started 33 games last year and is already 24.

2024-05-13_13-32-12.jpg

las

I've reached out to his high school coach to see if he still has any interest in SU. I would imagine that he would come here in a heartbeat if we want him.

He'd fill a big need, on multiple fronts [i.e., depth, ability to play both 4 / 5, shooter, insurance against Lampkin's departure if that comes to pass, etc.]

More info:

He has good range from 3 and is 6'11. Big questions coming out of high school because he played no one. He went to Niagara because Beilien was one of the few DIV 1coaches to offer him. My kids play in that league as home schoolers so I understand why the questions were there. But those questions have been answered as he was a decent contributor for a very good BYU team last year. He would help this team from day one.

He'd fill a big need, on multiple fronts [i.e., depth, ability to play both 4 / 5, shooter, insurance against Lampkin's departure if that comes to pass, etc.]
He does not play with his back to the basket so he is not a 5. More of a big 4.

He does not play with his back to the basket so he is not a 5. More of a big 4.
Definitely a stretch big - He attempted twice as many threes as twos last year. But also FWIW he shot 73% at the rim last season, on par with Maliq the last two seasons and Jesse in 2023. Lampkin was only 64% on those looks (but a better rebounder and passer).

This guy would be a real solid pickup. He scored 17 against Houston and 15 against NC State. My only concern is he probably could go somewhere else and start. That said Lampkin is probably only a 25 mpg player, so there probably is 20-25 minutes for him between the 4 and 5.

More info:

He’s a stretch four, according to this article, so sounds great to me. Exactly what we need. Would give us quality depth and a key player off the bench at the 4 and 5. IthacaMatt will probably be excited. He’s been saying he need to add another forward.

Last edited:
This guy would be a real solid pickup. He scored 17 against Houston and 15 against NC State. My only concern is he probably could go somewhere else and start. That said Lampkin is probably only a 25 mpg player, so there probably is 20-25 minutes for him between the 4 and 5.

Also had a 17 point game against Texas and 24 vs ASU. Watching some of his highlights from the ASU game showed him guarding smaller players and also pushing the ball up in transition (at least on a couple plays). If he can truly guard another teams 3 (SF), Cuse could play him along Freeman and Lampkin (assuming he is on the team) a few minutes here and there. This would help get him 25mpg and might be a stronger selling point.

Again. I don't know what he feels currently but his dream was to play for SU. He tried and tried to get SU to look at him in high school but never got even a look. If he still feels that way, he would come if we offered. Not sure why we wouldn't want him at this point.

My son played against him in High School. He played at a small independent Christian school called Finger Lakes Christian School. SU was his dream school but JB would never give him the time of day. He could help.
Jimmy probably made the right decision since Niagara was one of his only offers out of high school. He’s certainly would be a useful player now but he was not as a high school recruit

Maybe Cuse was the team that “pulled” him out of the portal…

Again. I don't know what he feels currently but his dream was to play for SU. He tried and tried to get SU to look at him in high school but never got even a look. If he still feels that way, he would come if we offered. Not sure why we wouldn't want him at this point.
Staff know he’s available?

We should have looked at this guy after he left Detroit Mercy. If we had him over Taylor and Benny we probably make the tournament this year.

Jimmy probably made the right decision since Niagara was one of his only offers out of high school. He’s certainly would be a useful player now but he was not as a high school recruit
I totally agree. He asked me if I had any contacts at SU when he was trying to get recruited. I do but I did not want to blow my credibility with SU because I was not sure if he was as good as he looked given the lack of competition in our league. I am willing to go out on the line for him now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom