Class of 2020 - C Noah Waterman (NY) Portal to Louisville | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Noah Waterman (NY) Portal to Louisville

What do you mean, what is this for? I would take this kid and play him more minutes than bell. Bell is 1 dimensional. He can’t dribble, can’t drive, can’t play defense, can’t rebound. I would plug this guy at the 3 in place of bell. I would go with Carlos, JJ, Waterman, Freeman, Lampkin. Westry and Bell would be first guys off the bench.

Still doesn’t solve our PG issue. But I think this would be a much better front line.
? Carlos is a PG. Bell needs to be on the floor, he is becoming a much better defender and was getting to rim and great on transition. Not a bench player IMO. Waterman and Davis can come off the beck an Cuffe, Westry back up the PG

Not an NBA scout or anything but this dude and Freeman aren't small forwards. I wouldn't play them there.
Freeman appears to me to be more of a 3 than 4. Tends to get the ball at the perimeter and drives from the triple threat, using a deadly 3 to keep defenses honest.

When he does get the ball inside he tends to use a fadeaway instead of bringing it to the rim. He's tall for a 3, yes, that just means he has high NBA potential

SU isn’t getting Waterman. He will be a starter at a P4 school and be compensated as such. If Lampkin had fallen through things might have been different here.

It wouldn’t make any sense on either side other than just us being greedy.

I’ve never been a huge Bell guy, but he’s elite at the most coveted skill in the sport. He makes it look effortless. There is flashes of athleticism. He cares. He’s gotten better every year. He’s stuck around when a lot of other kids left.

I could see him really exploding this year and because of the path he’s taken I could see him really winning over a ton of fans this year.

Judah left. Twice.
JT left. Not entirely his fault, but still - he never produced like Bell did.
Maliq left.
Q left.

And Bell probably got the most hate out of any of them from the beginning too (I’m included in that)

I give the kid a lot of credit. I think he can have a special year

Freeman appears to me to be more of a 3 than 4. Tends to get the ball at the perimeter and drives from the triple threat, using a deadly 3 to keep defenses honest.

When he does get the ball inside he tends to use a fadeaway instead of bringing it to the rim. He's tall for a 3, yes, that just means he has high NBA potential
Dont disagree with his potential and skill, but if he is a legit 6'10" then he needs to be KD lite to play the 3. It's arguably the most skilled position in the league, and you don't see many guys that size at the 3. Freeman still has to fill out, he'll probably be 15-20 lbs heavier by the time he gets to the league. I just dont see him as a 3 in the league. Maybe he is Durant special, but that is pretty damn special.

Thats a lot of tithing
That's separate, but, yeah, lot of wealthy latter-day saints seem pretty amped to do the Lord's work (I guess?) by dumping cash into BYU's NIL coffers.

I think it's stupid. I'd rather take care of widows and orphans, but whatever. It's the same thing I've voiced here related to Syracuse NIL.

That's separate, but, yeah, lot of wealthy latter-day saints seem pretty amped to do the Lord's work (I guess?) by dumping cash into BYU's NIL coffers.

I think it's stupid. I'd rather take care of widows and orphans, but whatever. It's the same thing I've voiced here related to Syracuse NIL.
I understand, I was kidding. My older sister in a BYU Alum and my family is LDS.

So what even would be our move at this point? Obviously I know what we need but as dash has said, with the extra funds going to Lampkin we probably don’t have much left.

I’d guess it’s either a euro, a HS kid, or a transfer they think is a hidden gem either from a small school/juco or p5 kid who didn’t play much/do much

Dont disagree with his potential and skill, but if he is a legit 6'10" then he needs to be KD lite to play the 3. It's arguably the most skilled position in the league, and you don't see many guys that size at the 3. Freeman still has to fill out, he'll probably be 15-20 lbs heavier by the time he gets to the league. I just dont see him as a 3 in the league. Maybe he is Durant special, but that is pretty damn special.
I think we're saying the same thing, he's more skill than muscle. To me that means more 3 than 4 but it doesn't really matter. Whether or not he's a future hall-of-famer I don't know, but I definitely think he projects as an NBA starter.

What this means for Waterman is he's kinda more of what Cuse already has. I would love to cheer for him, especially as a local player who's dream school was SU, but if I had to pick between him and Boakye I think Boakye helps a lot more.

I understand, I was kidding. My older sister in a BYU Alum and my family is LDS.
Oh yeah, have we talked about that before? I poke fun but me and my family are practicing LDS and I graduated from BYU. Twice, in fact. If you grew up in or around Syracuse decent chance our families would know each other.

Did you forget? We’re now in a positionless world. Those numbers are meaningless. He doesn’t have the handle for the 2? People develop, dontchaknow. He could come back next season with the ball on a string.
On the occasional fast break he handled well. If Bell ever plays for pay it will be as a 2.

I’ve never been a huge Bell guy, but he’s elite at the most coveted skill in the sport. He makes it look effortless. There is flashes of athleticism. He cares. He’s gotten better every year. He’s stuck around when a lot of other kids left.

I could see him really exploding this year and because of the path he’s taken I could see him really winning over a ton of fans this year.

Judah left. Twice.
JT left. Not entirely his fault, but still - he never produced like Bell did.
Maliq left.
Q left.

And Bell probably got the most hate out of any of them from the beginning too (I’m included in that)

I give the kid a lot of credit. I think he can have a special year
Great post. Bell is very under appreciated on this board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom