Class of 2020 - C Noah Waterman (NY) Portal to Louisville | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Noah Waterman (NY) Portal to Louisville

Ok, still waiting on a few folks that might know 'crootin stuff but one of my BYU people replied back and said Waterman is pretty good and would be a solid roster add. Good shooter but can get cold and put up bricks. Doesn't hang well against strong bigs because he's pretty weak, but that's what we've got Lampkin (rim shot) and McLeod's peg leg for.

Really great video here on Waterman and his story. He grew up in poverty in a family of 9 after his father left them at a young age. Seems like a great kid and I'll root for him wherever he goes after watching this. I would assume NIL is going to play a big factor in his recruitment and I cant blame him for chasing the biggest offer to provide for his family after what hes been through. I think if we can be competitive on that front we'd have a great shot here given how family oriented he seems.

Seems like a take to me and that’s a great story. Good fit too.

Full court press for this kid. Syracuse is about 100 miles closer to Savannah than Olean (40, 140), easier trip for his handicapped mother and siblings.

He'd be a great addition. Him and another PG and we're set.

The question really comes down to how much does he want to play?

The coaching staff has to figure out if he’s good enough to play here. If he us, I’m sure they will see if there’s interest on his part.

Really great video here on Waterman and his story. He grew up in poverty in a family of 9 after his father left them at a young age. Seems like a great kid and I'll root for him wherever he goes after watching this. I would assume NIL is going to play a big factor in his recruitment and I cant blame him for chasing the biggest offer to provide for his family after what hes been through. I think if we can be competitive on that front we'd have a great shot here given how family oriented he seems.
Bring able to have family watch him is a plus too. I am sure they would love to have him close by.

Also had a 17 point game against Texas and 24 vs ASU. Watching some of his highlights from the ASU game showed him guarding smaller players and also pushing the ball up in transition (at least on a couple plays). If he can truly guard another teams 3 (SF), Cuse could play him along Freeman and Lampkin (assuming he is on the team) a few minutes here and there. This would help get him 25mpg and might be a stronger selling point.
Good lord dude handles and shoots like a guard. What a versatile player, would fill a lot of gaps for us.

Ok, still waiting on a few folks that might know 'crootin stuff but one of my BYU people replied back and said Waterman is pretty good and would be a solid roster add. Good shooter but can get cold and put up bricks. Doesn't hang well against strong bigs because he's pretty weak, but that's what we've got Lampkin (rim shot) and McLeod's peg leg for.
looking at his box scores, he was boom or bust...put up some really good games against tough teams...but also had a lot of duds, especially the 2nd time around against some teams...

your intel checks out with what I was thinking...seems a player that might do well but only depending on matchup, perhaps...maybe certain defender types can totally take him out of the game...

that said, gotta wonder how BYU was using him - a 6'11 guy with guard skills who shoots 37% from 3 oughta be more of a weapon than he was for them, imo

whatever the case, his profle is the exact profile that I would hope for for this team...a stretch big with guard skills would have been perfect for last season

My few BYU contacts that sometimes know stuff are being pretty quiet. I'm getting the sense that as fans they were really hoping to keep him. I don't know if this was a surprise portal maybe.
There are a lot of shady programs (*cough*Loserville*cough*) and coaches (*cough*Pitino*cough*) out there, so wouldn’t be surprised.

I say we step in and save this kid from the shady dealers. Not only would he get some good NIL, but this community would adopt him for life. He’d never have to buy a meal ever again.

looking at his box scores, he was boom or bust...put up some really good games against tough teams...but also had a lot of duds, especially the 2nd time around against some teams...

your intel checks out with what I was thinking...seems a player that might do well but only depending on matchup, perhaps...maybe certain defender types can totally take him out of the game...

that said, gotta wonder how BYU was using him - a 6'11 guy with guard skills who shoots 37% from 3 oughta be more of a weapon than he was for them, imo

whatever the case, his profle is the exact profile that I would hope for for this team...a stretch big with guard skills would have been perfect for last season
Examining box scores of Cuse players from this past season that played similar minutes as this kid (~24 mpg), show similar trends when it comes to scoring. Waterman scored in double digits 15 times last season. For reference Bell did it 18 times, Brown 17, Cope 15, and Taylor 8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom