Class of 2016 - C Omer Yurtseven (Turkey) Transfer from NC State to Georgetown | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 C Omer Yurtseven (Turkey) Transfer from NC State to Georgetown

So, these Euro clubs view the players as assets. Not only was Yurtseven desirable because he was an NBA caliber big with good skills who could help their team win, but also because when he eventually goes to the NBA, the club would have to be reimbursed millions of dollars for Yurtseven to be bought out of his contract.

So despite Yurtseven saying that he wanted to play collegiate ball, it was in the interest of the club to pay him to remove that option and secure him as a long-term asset. The kid [apparently] wasn't necessarily on board with signing and didn't spend the money, which pissed the club off. And they were doubly pissed because they invested time in the kid, only to lose him without any compensation.

Again, I'm not defending Yurtseven, but that's the way the relevant facts appeared when we were recruiting him over the summer. That he got paid by a professional club that he was affiliated with would be a disqualifier--and justifiably so--under most circumstances. That he didn't want to be paid and ostensibly didn't spend it is what gives him the out.
Makes sense, but would they only put $1000 in the account. I guess they figured any amount would tie him to them, if the money was spent. Or, did he only spend $1000?

I guess one question would be did Omer set up the account in which these funds were deposited, or did the team set one up unilaterally. If he signed papers to set up an account then a transaction of funds occurred and funds were accepted whether he spent it or not. If the organization set money aside with out his consent and he didn't access the funds then I cant see how he could be ruled ineligible. JMO
Not sure what country the account was set up in, but usually setting up an account requires the account holder's consent, his tax information and his signature. Just saying.

By going to NC State, does he now have to change his name to Gomer?

that's big for them, would assume he'll be much better in year 2

I actually felt he wasn't very good at all and is at least 2 years away from doing anything. I think he's a flop.

Huh. That's a surprise.

The surprise isn't necessarily him pulling out of the draft, but returning to State. Rumbling down here was that he was headed back to Turkey to play professionally next year then look to the NBA.

Imagine if he landed at SU instead. He would’ve been a nice piece down low. Oh well. We’re still playing so all is well!

"Omer and I had an opportunity to visit and he expressed his intentions to either pursue a professional career or consider transferring from NC State," NC State coach Kevin Keatts said in a statement.

"Omer and I had an opportunity to visit and he expressed his intentions to either pursue a professional career or consider transferring from NC State," NC State coach Kevin Keatts said in a statement.
I'll go out on a limb and guess he won't be transferring to another D1 program.

Goes to the combine. Doesn't like what he hears. Get's feedback for another year. Transfers.

and has to sit out a year to do so.

he could do the same thing (going to the combine) and either come back to NCST or get a release then.

just makes no sense to me to do it now, unless he really hates NCST

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom