Class of 2014 - C Paschal Chukwu (CT) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 C Paschal Chukwu (CT) Verballed to Syracuse

I know im looking far ahead and a lot can change between now and 2016-2017 season but we have the potential to see a starting unit of:

6'7 Fr Battle
6'6 So Richardson
6'9 So Lydon
6'9 So Diange/ 6'8 Sr. Roberson
7'2 RSo Pikachu

We would also have a pretty good bench too with KJ, Moyer, and whoever doesn't start at PF.

Thats HUGE, Tom, HUGE !

I know im looking far ahead and a lot can change between now and 2016-2017 season but we have the potential to see a starting unit of:

6'7 Fr Battle
6'6 So Richardson
6'9 So Lydon
7'2 RSo Pikachu

We would also have a pretty good bench too with KJ, Moyer, and whoever doesn't start at PF.

That would have to be our largest starting zone ever correct?

Here's the piece from Otto's Grove:

http://.com/paschal-chukwu-appears-to-be-orange/

Pretty clear his HS team had one strategy: "Um, ok ... pass it to Chukwu down low. That's all."

He's got soft hands, a jump hook, a mid-range jumper with a high release, good timing on his shot blocks and can run the floor. Note the athleticism as he 'ooops from the right side at the 1:19 Mark (hands are almost 2 feet over the rim).

Last edited:
I wonder if Battle would still give a verbal commit, even with Chukwu in the fold and no apparent scholarship open for him. In other words, would he announce an SU commit off a promise that there will be a scholarship for him?

According to bleacher report, the coaching staff has heard we will be given at least one scholarship back. Still can get Battle. This is a great get!

iommi said:
I wonder if Battle would still give a verbal commit, even with Chukwu in the fold and no apparent scholarship open for him. In other words, would he announce an SU commit off a promise that there will be a scholarship for him?

That would mean someone is definitely leaving. We can't count on getting a scholarship back through the appeal.

From the Nunes quote ... looks like the staff is expecting that the appeal will cut the scholarship limits back by one. Link above in reply to O-79.

While the discussion on the schollie limit is interesting, what about the player himself? What are we actually getting?

I found this article interesting, written four days before he announced he would be transferring:

http://www.fairfieldcitizenonline.com/news/article/Future-bright-for-Chukwu-6263489.php

The freshman -- who led Fairfield Prep to back-to-back Class LL championship games 2013 and 2014 -- played in 34 games, averaging 9.8 minutes, 2.65 points and 2.44 rebounds. Not eye-popping but more than enough for Cooley.

Two games immediately come to mind for Cooley. One, a game against Butler where he played the entire second half (a 66-62 win) scoring four points, grabbing nine rebounds and blocking two shots and a game against Marquette, where he scored eight points and had six rebounds in a 77-66 victory.

"What I appreciated about him was he doesn't mind being developed," Cooley said. "He's working out in the weight room like a madman.

Cheers,
Neil

if pokemon comes here then obokah is gone. no reason to have a 7-2 center and a project kid like obokah when scholarships are at a premium. with the news that battle might come here too, obokah is packing his bags as we speak (most likely)
Don't see how an Obokoh transfer would be an option. Thanks to the omniscient NCAA Chino arrived here with 4 years to play 3. Redshirted one, played one so he now has 2 to play 2. Can't transfer, sit out a year and play after the 2015-16 season unless he were to earn his degree next May.

If Battle comes too, this team would be completely insane. The zone would be just completely nuts length wise and we would have 2 or 3 solid bench guys which gives Boeheim a strong 8 man rotation.

6'7 Fr Battle
6'6 So Richardson
6'9 So Lydon
7'2 RSo Pikachu

We'd basically be the size of the Monstars.