Class of 2014 - C Paschal Chukwu (CT) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 C Paschal Chukwu (CT) Verballed to Syracuse

not necessarily true.
I posted this question in a thread earlier...but no one responded...why can't the football team give up a scholarship to a guy on the basketball team?

I posted this question in a thread earlier...but no one responded...why can't the football team give up a scholarship to a guy on the basketball team?
If a kid is a 2 - sport athlete, the scholly counts towards fball. Problem is, our fball team is in no position to take on charity cases for bball.

I think if Roberson has a 15/8 type season he will be NBA bound. I also think Moyer is a starter.

I don't know. Kind of see Roberson as a tweener. Not big enough for a 4, ball skills not strong enough for a 3. Just don;t see the potential that would make him an NBA first rounder.

I don't know. Kind of see Roberson as a tweener. Not big enough for a 4, ball skills not strong enough for a 3. Just don;t see the potential that would make him an NBA first rounder.
Could be right time, right place. If the small ball era continues, tweeners aren't actually a bad thing.

IMO:

Battle
Richardson
Roberson
Coleman
Chukwu

Off the bench:
Joseph
Moyer
Lydon
Diagne

Howard and Obokoh will have a hard time finding playing time.

Let's not forget that JB has shown a willingness to start 2 centers in the past. With the offense that his guards and subs can provide, I wouldn't be surprised if he did that here in order to make the zone as tall/good as possible.

That's about how I feel, and he doesn't have Jerami Grant's absurd athleticism, which is more or less what Grant was drafted on despite having the same general problems Roberson will have when it comes to finding a spot in the NBA.

IMO:

Battle
Richardson
Roberson
Coleman
Chukwu

Off the bench:
Joseph
Moyer
Lydon
Diagne

Howard and Obokoh will have a hard time finding playing time.

Let's not forget that JB has shown a willingness to start 2 centers in the past. With the offense that his guards and subs can provide, I wouldn't be surprised if he did that here in order to make the zone as tall/good as possible.
I'm gonna go on record, I don't think Coleman will be here. And I think Lydon will start at the 3, Roberson at the 4.

I'm gonna go on record, I don't think Coleman will be here. And I think Lydon will start at the 3, Roberson at the 4.
Agreed. The only reason he is still here is that he hasn't put in a full season yet. This is the last shot for him; makes it throught the yr and goes pro, or gets hurt again and hangs em up.

Might not need to be a lottery or even 2nd rounder to leave early if he wants to. Aaron Harrison didn't even get drafted. It's too early to speculate on who, but the potential for someone to leave early is always there each season.

Agreed. The only reason he is still here is that he hasn't put in a full season yet. This is the last shot for him; makes it throught the yr and goes pro, or gets hurt again and hangs em up.
Yeah, I just figure his body has been so ravaged, and he'll have his degree, that I just think it's more likely he takes his degree and walks away. I just don't see him ever being healthy enough. I feel terrible for the kid, but it's hard to imagine him ever making it through a season, let alone two.

My take:

- Chuckwu is comparable to getting another BMK. He is not elite. He is not a star.
- Highly doubt they know anything about the resolution of the appeal and won't hear anything before Sept.
- If we get relief on the scholarship penalties it will likely be for the last 2 years not the first 2 years.
- They are unsure of Battle and have decided to move ahead with other moves and not be held up.
- They have prioritized Chukwu over Gilbert/Simmons.
- If Battle should commit (probably not a high probability) they would take him and clear room as needed.

44 Chewbacca.PNG
With his HS number being 44 was there really any question as to where he would ultimately end up playing a major role in a National Championship?... I think not. The stint in PC was really just a brilliant move toward the end of hastening his development and prepping him for his infusion into what will become a juggernaut of a Syracuse 16-17 team.View attachment 46526

I don't know why some people just don't listen to insiders here. Time after time they are right and better than anything else you will read or hear. Obviously the staff thinks they will win scholarships back on appeal. Why do we need to creat convoluted pessimistic scenarios that claim we cannot take another player?

You're kidding, right?
Just my instinct that the kid doesn't know what he wants. He could decide for any school and it wouldn't surprise me. He had a week after his visit to SU (after multiple visits before) and still seems undecided which is not encouraging. I'm not saying we're out...just no better than equal with a group of others.

Madbiker said:
My take: - Chuckwu is comparable to getting another BMK. He is not elite. He is not a star. - Highly doubt they know anything about the resolution of the appeal and won't hear anything before Sept. - If we get relief on the scholarship penalties it will likely be for the last 2 years not the first 2 years. - They are unsure of Battle and have decided to move ahead with other moves and not be held up. - They have prioritized Chukwu over Gilbert/Simmons. - If Battle should commit (probably not a high probability) they would take him and clear room as needed.

Chukwu has much bigger upside than BMK. He was a top 60 player out of high school.

My take:

- Chuckwu is comparable to getting another BMK. He is not elite. He is not a star.
- Highly doubt they know anything about the resolution of the appeal and won't hear anything before Sept.
- If we get relief on the scholarship penalties it will likely be for the last 2 years not the first 2 years.
- They are unsure of Battle and have decided to move ahead with other moves and not be held up.
- If Battle should commit (probably not a high probability) they would take him and clear room as needed.

Chukwu was a four star recruit, BMK was a three star. And this guy is bigger. He's got a lot more potential than BMK ever did no disrespect to him. Gorgui Dieng? Kansas and Michigan state offered him. Whats that say?

He's also four inches taller than Bad Mutha Keita, with an even bigger wing span.

With what we'll have on the roster we don't need our 5 to be David Robinson. We need a defensive anchor.

I mean, imagine you're a six foot guard bringing the ball up. You get a pick at the top of the key so you can get around Richardson. After the pick you run in to Battle. You dribble further out to the wing and hit Lydon. OK, you're a good ball handler, so you'll split the Battle/Lydon double and head in to the paint, and crap, you can't even see the basket because after all of that size you run to the rim, which you can't even see, because a mutant Pokemon is in the way.

My take:

Well, I'd say you just went 2 for 6. Good enough average for Cooperstown but not syracusefan.com. ;)

Last edited:
He's also four inches taller than Bad Mutha Keita, with an even bigger wing span.

With what we'll have on the roster we don't need our 5 to be David Robinson. We need a defensive anchor.

I mean, imagine you're a six foot guard bringing the ball up. You get a pick at the top of the key so you can get around Richardson. After the pick you run in to Battle. You dribble further out to the wing and hit Lydon. OK, you're a good ball handler, so you'll split the Battle/Lydon double and head in to the paint, and crap, you can't even see the basket because after all of that size you run to the rim, which you can't even see, because a mutant Pokemon is in the way.
Preach it Otto! preach it brutha!~

My take:

You are very off base on a number of these. First, we don't know what Chuckwu is. His defense is way ahead of his offense. He has plenty of time. Much better than Baye however. They have not prioritized Chukwu over Simmons/Gilbert. Crazy. They have not moved on from Battle in any way,shape or form. The highest probability is that we will get battle. doesn't mean we wil. Just of the schools left, we are the favorite.