Class of 2017 - C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky

He didn't qualify. He was like 5 courses short.

Just saying Florida State in Football (RE: Blair) and Kentucky in Basketball (RE: Daigne) prob let them/get them in regardless.

He didn't qualify. He was like 5 courses short.
Thanks Bees but what must he do to get into college and play ANYWHERE ? It would seem by now that if he is in a JC he would have made up the required credits unless he so challenged he will be living in a refrigerator box on skid row California. If you are homeless, California is the place to live.While freezing to death in some places here is possible for the most part you will survive.

CuseHulk said:
Just saying Florida State in Football (RE: Blair) and Kentucky in Basketball (RE: Daigne) prob let them/get them in regardless.

Nope. Impossible.

Thanks Bees but what must he do to get into college and play ANYWHERE ? It would seem by now that if he is in a JC he would have made up the required credits unless he so challenged he will be living in a refrigerator box on skid row California. If you are homeless, California is the place to live.While freezing to death in some places here is possible for the most part you will survive.

from what ive read on here...
NCAA student athletes are held to a higher standard than regular students. Something from his Senegal transcripts was out of place and didnt meet NCAA standards. If the student doesnt qualify and chooses to go the junior college route he must stay there for two years to become eligible to transfer to a 4 year college.

So even if it was only 1 class that was in question he would need to spend two years in junior college.

Can the title of this thread be changed to 'Class of 2017 C/PF Moustapha Diagne (JUCO and/or Northwest Florida State College)'? Or would that be a completely separate thread...?

Some how "interested" doesn't seem to be enough. The other side of this issue is whether Diagne has any interest in the Orange? He might be enough to out next season's team over the top so the push here has to be hard and sincere. Who do they want more? Thompson the Mali kid or zDiagene?

Some how "interested" doesn't seem to be enough. The other side of this issue is whether Diagne has any interest in the Orange? He might be enough to out next season's team over the top so the push here has to be hard and sincere. Who do they want more? Thompson the Mali kid or zDiagene?

Cali, Diagne is now a CLASS OF 2017 recruit. He has to play at JUCO for TWO seasons.

He won't help next year's team at all.

Cali, Diagne is now a CLASS OF 2017 recruit. He has to play at JUCO for TWO seasons.

He won't help next year's team at all.

True, but as a large, full grown MAN with 2 years of JUCO experience, he could certainly provide quality depth at the 4 & 5 for us in '17 & '18.

As much as we might want the "bright, shiny object" of the 1- or 2-and done HS big man, having some experienced size might be nice too.

True, but as a large, full grown MAN with 2 years of JUCO experience, he could certainly provide quality depth at the 4 & 5 for us in '17 & '18.

As much as we might want the "bright, shiny object" of the 1- or 2-and done HS big man, having some experienced size might be nice too.

He would be a great asset for us in 2017-18 and 2018-19, but he won't help us at all in 2016-17. Because he'll still be in JUCO. ;)

He would be a great asset for us in 2017-18 and 2018-19, but he won't help us at all in 2016-17. Because he'll still be in JUCO. ;)

I'm pretty sure we're saying the same thing here. But, I've been wrong before... :noidea:

Former Orange basketball recruit Moustapha Diagne: 'His heart is still in Syracuse'

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...cuse_basketball_recruit_moustapha_diagne.html

Syracuse basketball coaches remain "very interested" in Moustapha Diagne, a former member of the Orange's 2015 recruiting class now attending a Florida junior college.

"They've done a good job of reaching out to me," said Steve DeMeo, the head basketball coach at Northwest Florida State, where Diagne is finishing his freshman season. "I think he's still very, very interested in Syracuse. There are other schools that have jumped in the mix, but I think his heart is still in Syracuse."

The 6-foot-9 power forward/center averages 10.5 points and "double-digit" rebounds for NFS, a 23-5 team preparing to play in the Florida junior college postseason. Because his team has won so many games by convincing margins, DeMeo said, Diagne is playing just 20.6 minutes per game. The Panhandle Conference just named Diagne its co-freshman of the year.

Former Orange basketball recruit Moustapha Diagne: 'His heart is still in Syracuse'

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...cuse_basketball_recruit_moustapha_diagne.html

Syracuse basketball coaches remain "very interested" in Moustapha Diagne, a former member of the Orange's 2015 recruiting class now attending a Florida junior college.

"They've done a good job of reaching out to me," said Steve DeMeo, the head basketball coach at Northwest Florida State, where Diagne is finishing his freshman season. "I think he's still very, very interested in Syracuse. There are other schools that have jumped in the mix, but I think his heart is still in Syracuse."

The 6-foot-9 power forward/center averages 10.5 points and "double-digit" rebounds for NFS, a 23-5 team preparing to play in the Florida junior college postseason. Because his team has won so many games by convincing margins, DeMeo said, Diagne is playing just 20.6 minutes per game. The Panhandle Conference just named Diagne its co-freshman of the year.

Its too bad his 6'9 body isn't.

Brooky03 said:
How sweet it would be if he earned his associates degree in one year. I mean, how hard is that to do really?

He'd need to take ten classes a semester. Plus BB practice. No problem.

He'd need to take ten classes a semester. Plus BB practice. No problem.

Well they're junior college classes so, it's not like they're real. He could also utilize the summer and winter sessions, so it would be more like 6 in spring and 6 in fall.

My comment was only half serious but it's a nice pipe dream.

Francis/Jake...think MD will suite up for us?
IMG_20160207_135006.jpg

Check out Jerry's crystal meth ball.

Pitt was going after Diagne but now with a coaching change coming I would say they are out

SU should be in a good position to land Diagne once again

Fingers crossed