Class of 2017 - C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C/PF Moustapha Diagne (NJ) to Western Kentucky

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
@AdamZagoria: Red Autry from Syracuse was here watching @tdot_ennis , Briscoe and 6-9 2015 Moustapha Diagne of @popejohnbball

He just came over fron Senegal last year. Tons of interest already.

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/article/3045/NEHF-Saturday-Recap-II.php
Diagne performance from yesterday in a AAU tourney out in CT.
"Moustapha Diagne – CBC – Diagne dominated the game every minute that he was in with his size, athleticism, and wide skill set. The 6’9” sophomore, that lives and plays high school basketball in New Jersey, was very active both offensively and defensively, rebounded the ball in high volume, ran the floor well, and even showed the ability to push the ball in transition with the bounce off of the rebounds he secured. Diagne and teammate Sam Ibiezugbe form a very big and intimidating back line of the CBC defense that makes it extremely difficult for opposing teams to score at the rim. While CBC only got to play one game on the day due to a forfeit by one of the teams they were scheduled to play, they dominated and were the most impressive team to take the floor today. Hard to imagine that they couldn’t compete with, or possibly beat, any 16u team in the country."

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/article/3048/NEHF-Sunday-u16-Recap.php
"Moustapha Diagne – CBC – Diagne went down with cramps in the semifinals and was never really able to return from that point on, despite his best efforts. However, his inability to play against BABC or in the championship game did not take away from his impressive performance on the day overall. With Sam Ibiezugbe M.I.A. for the first two games, Diagne was asked to do even more down low for his team and he answered the bell. He combined for more than 10 blocks and easily had double digit rebounds in both contests. Diagne is the best prospect in the 16u field due to his size, skill set, and ability to affect the game in so many ways. He even showed an impressive shooting stroke against Expressions hitting a couple of catch-and –shoot jumpers to go along with closing out the game by going 4-4 from the free throw line."

Between Diagne and Diallo in 2015, either choice wouldn't be a bad one at the rate those guys are developing.

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/article/3048/NEHF-Sunday-u16-Recap.php
"Moustapha Diagne – CBC – Diagne went down with cramps in the semifinals and was never really able to return from that point on, despite his best efforts. However, his inability to play against BABC or in the championship game did not take away from his impressive performance on the day overall. With Sam Ibiezugbe M.I.A. for the first two games, Diagne was asked to do even more down low for his team and he answered the bell. He combined for more than 10 blocks and easily had double digit rebounds in both contests. Diagne is the best prospect in the 16u field due to his size, skill set, and ability to affect the game in so many ways. He even showed an impressive shooting stroke against Expressions hitting a couple of catch-and –shoot jumpers to go along with closing out the game by going 4-4 from the free throw line."

Between Diagne and Diallo in 2015, either choice wouldn't be a bad one at the rate those guys are developing.
Nice to see his growth, especially that he hasn't been in the states for too long.

Nice to his growth, especially that he hasn't been in the states for too long.
Yup, very impressive. I think when that RC game took place, he was only in the states for 9 months playing ball. Still only a few years away and plenty of development left, but so far so good. Hope to see him play again soon.

Yup, very impressive. I think when that RC game took place, he was only in the states for 9 months playing ball. Still only a few years away and plenty of development left, but so far so good. Hope to see him play again soon.
He is playing 16U? Are we going to find out in a couple of years that he is 30?

He is playing 16U? Are we going to find out in a couple of years that he is 30?
Lol hope not but who knows. I remember reading how some kid from VA, that BJ's team played this season turned out to be 21 smh.

Francis, how do you feel about our chances with Diagne, Diallo, or Okinoboh in the class of 2014?

Are those the three main bigs we're targeting?

I want this kid just because of his name! Is it bad I look at kids and decide how badly I want them based on name first, skills second?

Francis, with the recruitment of the Bishop Kearney center (Obokoh) and with Keita on the current roster, do you think that SU is targetting bigs from Africa? Given Keita and Obokoh are on the roster next year, is that an advantage in recruiting the likes of Diagne, Diallo, or Okinoboh? Do you feel one of these three has more upside potential?

Francis, how do you feel about our chances with Diagne, Diallo, or Okinoboh in the class of 2014?

I am not Francis, but Diallo and Diagne are 2015 recruits, while Goodluck is 2014. Theoretically we could end up with Goodluck and either of the other two, if we are lucky. Hopefully we land Bryant for 2015 as a PF, but if not, could Diagne or Diallo work as a PF?

Lol hope not but who knows. I remember reading how some kid from VA, that BJ's team played this season turned out to be 21 smh.
Ok, I just checked out his profile on two of the other sites. There is no way he is 16 or under? The dude has grandkids. He saw the Beatles live on Ed Sullivan. He has a polyester leisure suit in his closet.

wow - this " kid" looks like the older guy who comes to play at the rec center I play at every saturday..

wow - this " kid" looks like the older guy who comes to play at the rec center I play at every saturday..
The%20Ringer.jpg

My guess is maybe he has a skin condition or just has Greg Oden syndrome- I can't imagine a school would make that mistake?

As Fog mentioned both Diallo and Diagne are 2015 prospects. We have been on Diallo longer because he plays with McCullough in AAU ball. Diagne has come along well this past season and attended the first G-Town game at the dome. Either way it seems like we can't make a bad choice with whoever we end up with.

Goodluck is our main target in the middle for 2014, but 7'2 big man Paschal Chukwu, has been getting interest as of late and could be a backup plan if things doesn't workout with Goodluck.

Francis, with the recruitment of the Bishop Kearney center (Obokoh) and with Keita on the current roster, do you think that SU is targetting bigs from Africa? Given Keita and Obokoh are on the roster next year, is that an advantage in recruiting the likes of Diagne, Diallo, or Okinoboh? Do you feel one of these three has more upside potential?
Not sure if we're "specifically" targeting African bigs, but what I do know is that a lot of these kids that come over to the states are really humble by the opportunity. They value education, work hard, and for the most part don't really give any problems. That's all you can ask if your b-ball coach.

All three would be good additions and I'll break it down like this.

Goodluck-Great shot blocker who can change the game in a big way if he was to man the middle of the zone. Offensive game needs to improve as far as creating offense for himself, but he's a very good passer and with a good PG, he could do well off the catch n finish inside.

Diallo-Has the best motor out of the three and gets up n down the court very well. I compared him to BMK, but with much higher upside because he can be effective in a big way on both ends of the floor.

Diagne-Saw him battle against Roberson, and even though he struggled to score against him(obviously not an easy thing to do). I was very impress with the way he was aggressive on offense, showcasing some post moves for somebody who hasn't even been in the states for a year. Showed a good motor, rebounded, and blocked shots as well. Seems to be the type that will only get better over time. Being from Senegal, I'm sure the staff will have BMK(also from Senegal) help out in this one.

Getting Goodluck in 14 and either Diallo or Diagne in 15, will be very very sweet for the team.

I am not Francis, but Diallo and Diagne are 2015 recruits, while Goodluck is 2014. Theoretically we could end up with Goodluck and either of the other two, if we are lucky. Hopefully we land Bryant for 2015 as a PF, but if not, could Diagne or Diallo work as a PF?
Both would be wasted as PF's in our zone. Gotta let those shot blockers anchor the middle. I think Diallo, due to his quickness could probably play the 4 in a pinch like Rick Jackson did.

Both would be wasted as PF's in our zone. Gotta let those shot blockers anchor the middle. I think Diallo, due his quickness could probably play the 4 in a pinch like Rick Jackson did.
Ok, fair enough. I was just trying to be greedy and figure out how we might be able to grab both. Hopefully Bryant makes the pledge soon and all we would need is a center for that class, as far as bigs go.

Is it me or is the power forward position endangered? Or maybe the positions in the NBA need to be relabeled to Center, Forward, Wing, Shooting Guard and Point Guard. Even in the NBA it seems more logical to have your big man man the middle, with your 4 operating as the occasional post player but primarily a guy who stretches things out and allows the 1-3 positions to attack and play the dribble/kick game. I think the true pf position has become less and less effective in both. You look at the new look PF's and they look like Randle, Anthony Bennett, Jerami, etc. So with that said I like the staff going after shot blockers who can use their feet really well to guard the paint as well.

Diagne told Evan Daniels that he has an offer from SU. Diagne was picked up off the AAU waiver wire lol by the NJ Playaz, and played with Briscoe and Whitehead this weekend.

Diagne told Evan Daniels that he has an offer from SU. Diagne was picked up off the AAU waiver wire lol by the NJ Playaz, and played with Briscoe and Whitehead this weekend.
From a 15 point, 20 rebound, 6 block, 2 assist, 1 steal performance in a NJ North A Quarterfinal win.
In OT, great putback slam to finish business at the 2:25 mark.

Francis, Aiken looked good in this game, playing tougher, and Diagne is working the pick and roll nicely, a few decent plays and passed the ball well.

I will see what is on Fios1 OnDemand to maybe bust out a recap if I have time tonight.
Btw, Lawrence, thanks for playing...
64570d1337452356-poor-4runner-warning-graphic-content-borat-not-jb.jpg

Argh, no Pope John replays!
Still, I can either review one more RC game we might not have looked at in-depth against Newark Tech, or maybe get a full Pope John recap from youtube as there seem to be some full games.

Any preferences, gang? Please let me know if any interest in that RC game or any specific Pope John games.