Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 108 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

in all likelihood we'll be 3 deep at the 4 and 5 but 0 deep at the 1 and 3

as I said, he's an upgrade, but it's pretty easy to see which are the positions of need
Nobody we have except Lydon if he came back could average 15ppg and 10rpg like Bryant could next year.

Nobody we have could average 15ppg and 10rpg like Bryant could.
Thompson can

and besides, the point isn't whether Bryant is good; it's whether we need both starters and depth at the perimeter positions more than we need to add another person to our deep stock of 4s and 5s

Last edited:
Thompson can

and besides, the point isn't whether Bryant is good; it's whether we need both starters and depth at the perimeter positions more than we need to add another person to our deep stock of 4s and 5s
Thompson is not as good as Bryant.

Thompson is a nice player but he is a tier below Bryant.

Thompson is not as good as Bryant.

Thompson is a nice player but he is a tier below Bryant.
I agree but I would add that I think Thompson can be a lot better player than a nice player. I wouldn't sell him short.

in all likelihood we'll be 3 deep at the 4 and 5 but 0 deep at the 1 and 3

as I said, he's an upgrade, but it's pretty easy to see which are the positions of need
I think we need guys that can play next year inside. I think TT and Moyer are our only certainties and MM may not be fully ready to go. Brissett and Sidibe will hopefully have an impact, but who knows. I don't think Chukwu will ever have a major impact unless he's lightyears ahead of where he was this year. There's little offense in there besides TT, so theoretically, if a guy like Bryant were available (he won't be), then he would fill a position of need IMO.

I agree but I would add that I think Thompson can be a lot better player than a nice player. I wouldn't sell him short.

Agree 100%. TT has some skills (post-up game, use of both hands, mid-range jumper) that you just don't see very often in freshman big men. He also has some glaring holes (defensive awareness and effort). Players often take a big leap between their freshman and sophomore year. I think it's entirely possible that TT mitigates some of the weaknesses in his game and is a stud next year.

Do you guys remember how absolutely horrible Fab Melo (RIP) was his freshman year? Do you also remember the huge jump he made his sophomore year?

I don't think TT will ever be the defensive force that Fab was that year but I do believe he will be better than this year. That gives me a lot of hope.

Do you guys remember how absolutely horrible Fab Melo (RIP) was his freshman year? Do you also remember the huge jump he made his sophomore year?

I don't think TT will ever be the defensive force that Fab was that year but I do believe he will be better than this year. That gives me a lot of hope.
I hope he has a better attitude than the one he shows on the court. Because if he is willing to put in the work this summer, he absolutely can make a jump.

TT's per-40-minute numbers compare very favorably with Bryant's freshman season per-40s. Offensively, that is.

I find it hard to believe that Tom Friggin Crean is any kind of deal breaker.

Bryant is a solid player for Indiana heading into his junior year. He's going to be one of the best players on the team regardless. Can't see a reason for him to go anywhere at this point.

Not happening.

Don't even get your hopes up.

While these latest posts are wishful thinking, it is time to move on. He's a sophomore. He's not going to lose a year to play here. If he wanted to play for SU, he would have come here. He's going to the draft or staying at IU.

I wouldn't say that. Guys are always unhappy about playing time if they aren't getting 30+ minutes a game its just the way it is they want to play. I'd worry about a kid who didn't want to play more. It didn't seem to me that BJ or Ron had any sort of attitude problems.
Ron couldn't play. Should have been happy to be on the team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom