Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 75 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

remember this quote by Bryant's mother, I've always felt it was important in his recruitment.
As for Indiana, Bryant said she and her son have been turned off by the Hoosiers' recent spate of bad news, issues that have included failed drug tests and underage drinking. Six of Indiana's 13 scholarship players have been implicated in one or the other over the past year.

"They have a lot going on," Linda said. "It seems like we went down there under false pretenses. They didn't tell us anything about failed drug tests or that type of thing going on. My son doesn't need to be around that stuff." Syracuse.com

So she views our drug tests failures differently because of the circumstances? Why would she brush aside our recent spate of bad news but have an issue with Indiana's?

So she views our drug tests failures differently because of the circumstances? Why would she brush aside our recent spate of bad news but have an issue with Indiana's?
I dont believe that for one second.

Weren't our marijuana offenses from like 8 years ago or something like that?

Syracuse can sign Thomas Bryant, there is no question about it from a legal end. Do they still want to sign him??? That is the question. Is the Chancellor involved in this at all??? Another question. Are they so sure of Battle, that they are keeping the spot open??? Have they made the decision to let him go??? The big question. It would be nice to heard something that they are still recruiting him. No news, which is surprising.

Easy answer. because she wants him to stay close and go to syracuse. We recruited a kid from Philly a few years back. The mom couldn't believe how bad the area was as they drove in to syracuse. these people lived in a terrible section of Philly. The kid ended up at Nova.

I dont believe that for one second.

I wasn't making a point, really. I was simply wondering why Momma Bryant would have an issue with IU's drug issues but not ours? Maybe like normaliswear said, she wants her son at SU and is looking for any angle to tear down IU? But the drug issue seems like an odd one for her to pick considering we've had out issues there too (albeit a long time ago).

those are the articles. thamel went hard at eric bledsoe over issues concerning his grades/eligibility. apparently, he had no shot of qualifying after his jr year. then, his hs closed, he went ham on school his sr year and not only improved his grades, but made up old classes and changed past fails to good grades. his transcripts from his old hs that closed, were never found.
The school district in (Birmingham?) set up an independent committee, headed up by a retired judge, to investigate Bledsoe's academics. They reported that he did not qualify for college. The school board ignored the report, basically saying "Move along, nothing to see here". Dana O'Neil, of ESPN.com, did a piece based upon the reaction of the retired judge. He was very unhappy, but held his tongue, responding that the school board needed to be asked why they disregarded his work. The piece may still be in the ESPN archive, but it might not be easy to track down.

Easy answer. because she wants him to stay close and go to syracuse. We recruited a kid from Philly a few years back. The mom couldn't believe how bad the area was as they drove in to syracuse. these people lived in a terrible section of Philly. The kid ended up at Nova.

I guess they never drove into Durham to get to Duke...

Dont worry were tight like peanut butter and jelly on Italian bread lol.
Just for clarification. What I meant is that you always see somebody post something first and then all of a sudden you'll see somebody go on twitter or whatever and repeat the same stuff but never give credit where it's due and mention the good old "sources" instead. That's so lame to me.

Francis03 said:
Just for clarification. What I meant is that you always see somebody post something first and then all of a sudden you'll see somebody go on twitter or whatever and repeat the same stuff but never give credit where it's due and mention the good old "sources" instead. That's so lame to me.

I knew exactly what you meant and i know who youre talking about too .

I guess they never drove into Durham to get to Duke...

They have done a great job with "geographic isolation." It is very possible to get to that campus and never see the other side of the proverbial tracks.

They have done a great job with "geographic isolation." It is very possible to get to that campus and never see the other side of the proverbial tracks.
Many campuses are proverbial oases in the desert.

warm-up-pants.jpg
What?

I wasn't making a point, really. I was simply wondering why Momma Bryant would have an issue with IU's drug issues but not ours? Maybe like normaliswear said, she wants her son at SU and is looking for any angle to tear down IU? But the drug issue seems like an odd one for her to pick considering we've had out issues there too (albeit a long time ago).

Because shes looking for reasons to justify her feelings of wanting her son at syracuse.

Was at Duke for a few hours last summer. Don't remember any shady neighborhoods either getting to campus or returning. It's in a city so obviously there could be some questionable neighborhoods but the area around campus is typical of a great college town. Campus was very impressive but disappointed with the basketball arena, reminded me of a bigger version of the basketball court at the U of R….

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom