Cal Gets Jaylen Brown | Syracusefan.com

Cal Gets Jaylen Brown

kidorange

2nd String
Brown.jpg~320x480

Theyre' going to be loaded next year. Rabb, Brown, Wallace, Bird, Matthews. Sheesh. They'll win the Pac12.

They have at least 4 NBA players

Calipari has struck out on 5 elite guys late Jaylen Brown, Cheick Diallo, Brandon Ingram, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Newman. Kentucky won't will be like 2011 Kentucky next year. Good team will lose games and could be dangerous in March.

Guess it's all in on Thon Maker.

They'll be good enough to be ranked, but if they get consideration for top five it'll be entirely of reputation.

docsu said:
Guess it's all in on Thon Maker. They'll be good enough to be ranked, but if they get consideration for top five it'll be entirely of reputation.
right now I'd put them somewhere between 15-20 but that could still change

OMG .. he'll have to go to class? (shocking).

Calipari has struck out on 5 elite guys late Jaylen Brown, Cheick Diallo, Brandon Ingram, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Newman. Kentucky won't will be like 2011 Kentucky next year. Good team will lose games and could be dangerous in March.
Lets see. 2 five * and 1 four * plus a JC transfer. The 5* are #1 center and #1pg (according to ESPN). ESPN lists 16 guys on the roster last year, so assuming 13 scholarship - 7 early leaves = 6 scholarship plus 3 top 50 frosh and a JC transfer. Damn Cal is going to be hurting.

Lets see. 2 five * and 1 four * plus a JC transfer. The 5* are #1 center and #1pg (according to ESPN). ESPN lists 16 guys on the roster last year, so assuming 13 scholarship - 7 early leaves = 6 scholarship plus 3 top 50 frosh and a JC transfer. Damn Cal is going to be hurting.

Well one five star had eligibility issues, and the other one is Isaiah Briscoe. They won't be an NIT team as currently constituted but that's not a top five team and they're won't be any 40-0 talk this year.

My point was that Kentucky is going to be like it was in 2011. Just another top 25 team capable of making a run in March and not the heavy favorite every game like in 2012 and 2014.

My point was that Kentucky is going to be like it was in 2011. Just another top 25 team capable of making a run in March and not the heavy favorite every game like in 2012 and 2014.

Funny you bring that up. Parrish still has them 4th in his top 25 and 1 I saw him release.

The SEC stinks, so they will probably pile up the wins. I would think LSU and maybe Miss St. will be solid teams, but not sure who else.

Funny you bring that up. Parrish still has them 4th in his top 25 and 1 I saw him release.

The SEC stinks, so they will probably pile up the wins. I would think LSU and maybe Miss St. will be solid teams, but not sure who else.
In 2013 preseason poll they were #1 and made the NIT. Kentucky is a top 25 team, but right now that top 5 ranking is way too high. Until we see their defense I wouldn't put them above top 10-15 which is fair.

I think a backcourt of Ulis/Briscoe CAN BE excellent offensively, no guarantee though. It looks like they are again without legit small forward which can hurt them on offense. I doubt the defense is as good with the smaller backcourt and 2 7 foot shot blockers moving on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom