Cali at his best | Syracusefan.com

Cali at his best

Delmar

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
From the Taurean Thompson thread this summer:

"The chicken or egg problem is okay. But the problem of how the very first "living" cell coming into existence has always been a more fascinating problem to me. Life first showed up at least 3.8 billion years ago, which is about 750 million years after Earth was formed. All kinds of molecules needed for life have been created in the laboratory but never life from dirt. It has been shown that there are certain types of ribonucleotide molecules that have self-replicating properties. Combine that with primordial soup on earth with billions and billions of slime bubbles made of phospholipids and you begin to get the idea of what happened. It kind of boggles the mind to think about the chances that one of those slime bubbles would be formed having just the right amount of self-replicating ribonucleotides in such a pattern where chemical feedback mechanisms would create the potential for replication and continuation by having two identical copies each having the same level of potential for replication. The number of possible of patterns of molecules within slime bubbles is astronomically high. But given 750 million years of time and trillions and trillions of slime bubbles pretty much guarantees that a pattern of viable self-replicating ribonucleotides contained in a slime bubble made of phospholipids would eventually occur in spite of all the astronomical probabilities. If you throw the dice enough times eventually you will get snake eyes!"

Another classic:

Just Got Back From My Grandson Sam's Third Birthday Party

"Lots of kids and lotds of fun Held t a terrific pizza house near Glendale. Sam loves the Thomas the train cartoon and anything related to it.A hugely expensive birthday cake had Thomas on it with the frosting decorated accordingly.Terry invited one of his writers. The man's name is Shawn who brought his wife Tiffany. Tiffany is an aspiring actress and the word is she will be in season 2 of the Monkey series. Tiffany reminded me a great deal of Jennifer Lopez facial and all stops going down front and back. It was hard not to stare but I pulled it off so that no one got PO'ed. She brought her son and they all got along with Sam nicely. My little Sam has a very nice personality so far .I've never seen a mean face on him. During lunch I sat next to a teach who taught at one of the Beverly hills elementary schools.She had Charlie Scheen's kids and an ambassador's daughter who had24/7 armed protection including in the class."

I wouldn't bring this up but Cali was able to laugh about this after someone pointed it out to him. It was on the lacrosse board and I believe it was a discussion of the coaching staff and Cali accidentally said that we needed to bring someone on who had a sexual understanding of the game, instead of actual understanding

As I remember, that was around the time that the Bernie situation was in the news also, which really made it funnier. Not that the Bernie situation was funny, but you know what I mean,

Last edited:
I wouldn't bring this up but Cali was able to laugh about this after someone pointed it out to him. It was on the lacrosse board and I believe it was a discussion of the coaching staff and Cali accidentally said that we needed to bring someone on who had a s e xual understanding of the game.

As I remember, that was around the time that the Bernie situation was in the news also, which really made it funnier. Not that the Bernie situation was funny, but you know what I mean,

You typed this in your best Cali voice.