Calling All Syracuse Fans | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Calling All Syracuse Fans

Oh yes. The guy who coordinated those bus loads to GMac's games is coming to a few games this year. I've worked with a few other bus/tour companies and we have some large groups coming from PA!

And don't forget that Jim Boeheim played BB for the Scranton Miners! And I forgot to mention John Flannery was also a NE PA fella.

Dan can you give an update on how season tickets are going thus far? Doesn't have to be an exact number, but better, or worse then last year?

Dan can you give an update on how season tickets are going thus far? Doesn't have to be an exact number, but better, or worse then last year?

As i cannot delve too much into specifics - we are happy with the response from the community and I think people are very excited about this and next year's schedules. You all know the the direction of the program but there is ALWAYS room for improvement.

Why not buddy up with car dealers and bundle up a deal (season tickets) with a purchase/lease of a new car?

You said you went back to 2007 for season ticket holders I think you have to go deeper think 1996-2002 those people and their now adult kids are who you need back. special rate to get them back as STH and the rate applies to their children and grandchildren if they sign up to sit with them as STH. Go with the shafer mantra of Family.

Not sure how many eyes will see this but I wanted to update you guys about my teachers. I have successfully reached out to over 27 counties in NYS. Time to fill this DOME UP!!!

Not sure how many eyes will see this but I wanted to update you guys about my teachers. I have successfully reached out to over 27 counties in NYS. Time to fill this DOME UP!!!
How about Corrections teachers?! :)

Makes me wonder why we are going to MetLife every year. Make no mistake, alot of people are upset that USC was an away/neutral and ND is at MetLife too. It's 5 hours from Syracuse, almost as close as going to see us play Pitt or BC. It's a ROAD game and at best a 50/50 crowd split. I realize Gross has his reasons however when I see ASU suing the almighty it makes me wonder why I'm watching these home games on ESPN while Gross is counting gate receipts. .

I think people need to remember that at the time Gross made these deals, we were still in the Big East conference, and it was dying a quick death. I think that a big part of the NYC branding was for purposes of making us more attractive to the ACC and the whole "delivering the NYC market" stuff.

Now that we are in the ACC, I doubt that they would continue to move our big games to Giants stadium, although I do not mind the idea of doing a once-in-a-while Kickoff Classic kind of game, where it truly is neutral site, and not costing us a home game. I was awfully pissed at the time, but now that time has passed, I understand and accept it.

I think people need to remember that at the time Gross made these deals, we were still in the Big East conference, and it was dying a quick death. I think that a big part of the NYC branding was for purposes of making us more attractive to the ACC and the whole "delivering the NYC market" stuff.

Now that we are in the ACC, I doubt that they would continue to move our big games to Giants stadium, although I do not mind the idea of doing a once-in-a-while Kickoff Classic kind of game, where it truly is neutral site, and not costing us a home game. I was awfully pissed at the time, but now that time has passed, I understand and accept it.

You make a good point but it still pizzes me off to no end that we agreed to 14 games at Met Life over 20 years and they count as 'home' games. That's the real killer right there. We don't get 1 and 1, we get 1 and met life over 4 hours away and it has created a bad taste in the mouths of those who don't sustain themselves on dome dogs and dome foam every fall. That being said, it's no where near enough reason to keep me away from the other contests coming our way including FSU this year.

Looks like Miami is doing a two for deal with a twist...

"Miami’s new promotion offers a unique deal that just might fill up Sun Life Stadium on back-to-back games late in the season: For $108 you can purchase tickets to the North Carolina and Florida State games, plus a free hat ($30 value). That’s right, genuine Hurricane apparel is being thrown in the mix.

What makes the Two Game Mini-Plan exclusive is that it’s the only way non-season ticket holders can attend the rivalry game against FSU, since the ticket office won’t be selling individual seats to the general public."

Another organization to potentially explore is Heritage Christian Services. I don't have a contact for you, but it is an organization with thousands of employees who provide resources to individuals with special needs. While you may be able to work with employess, many of the individuals with special have jobs and are able to pay for vacation and trips with their earnings. Packages for employees and individuals with special needs may be something to probe.

Your blasts to teachers have worked. My wife got the mail, it's made its rounds in our small town, and now teachers and parents are pushing the AD to get schedules out so they can decide if they can make any games.

Another market, DRBartle , is to coordinate with admissions to bring in busloads of students from area community colleges- Broome, TC3, Cayuga, Mohawk Valley, Jefferson, Fulton-Montgomery, Corning, as well as from your downstate recruiting grounds- Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, etc, for campus tours and all the admissions, then a game to get a sense for campus life. SU has (sort of) stepped up their Community College recruiting in the past year of so, and I see an awful lot of SU attire at the college I work at. The perception of these kids is it's too costly and that games are boring because the blue hairs tell them to sit down. Bring in a busload or two per game, give 'em a cheap orange shirt, and seat them near the students. They might not apply to or attend SU in the long run, but they'll remember a great time at the Dome and either come back or remain fans. Don't forget to include the stumpy's over at ESF.

Penn State brings in multiple busloads from all over the state- both their affiliated campuses and the state community colleges- every Saturday. It fills a few hundred seats each time.

Bring in a busload or two per game, give 'em a cheap orange shirt, and seat them near the students. They might not apply to or attend SU in the long run, but they'll remember a great time at the Dome and either come back or remain fans.

Penn State brings in multiple busloads from all over the state- both their affiliated campuses and the state community colleges- every Saturday. It fills a few hundred seats each time.

Joe I totally agree game day bussing to Community Colleges is a great add. I posted back in September that SU should run a program for all the local SUNY schools that is a Student rate package (a bit higher priced than SU Student tickets) for another section of the dome and bus the kids in. And right after graduation SU students and SUNY students should be eligible for a sliding scale season ticket rate that gradually normalizes to regular season ticket prices after 5 years making it something they can afford and a tradition that doesn't break in those early ramen noodle working years. Obviously the new grad SU/ESF Prices should be lower than the SUNY overall prices but a system to cultivate young fans is important. This is especially true because much of SU's academic population are in fields that can spread grads to many different areas of the country depending on your major when you first graduate to find jobs in your specific field(ie:Whitman/Newhouse/I-School/VPA/Maxwell/Arch/ECS). The university needs to cultivate football fans from all the local university populations because the local working population is a mixture of SUNY and SU Grads as well as other colleges maybe the new grad pricing should extend to all recent graduates of NYS Colleges and Universities at different price levels. My posts from before below:

Hmm I'm wondering if since esf students get student tickets they could offer all SUNY students a season ticket package likely at a slighly higher rate and in a different section but that would expand the fanbase especially if you want to draw people from all over the state for years to come. Crazy idea but a thought.
Ive always thought that for 5 years after graduation alums should get season tickets in the opposite corner upper deck and ozone for the same price as student tickets slowly increasing after year 2 (when people start to get promotions)
And this is why if you offered this type of program where SUNY students can get reduced season tickets it would start to change this. It is offering a hand to join us as fans and have fun there are lots of local kids from Syracuse that attend SUNY schools and if they were given the opportunity at season tickets they would jump on it and bring friends and build fans.
Its a really simple solution but it would change the feeling and when they are alums of their SUNY school living in the area they wouldn't see SU as an opponent but as a place where they had fun while in college also and attend games after graduation. you run a bus to each campus and seat all the schools together in one big section. Give them each an Orange shirt that says Syracuse-SUNY ESF or Syracuse on the front and SUNY-Oneonta on the back or something and get the ball rolling. Hell give all recent alums of SUNY schools offer next season for 5% off season tickets as a part of the pilot program for the students.
SUNY is already part of SU with the ESF partnership it is foolish not to take advantage of it and turn a currently perceived negative of SUNY fan opinion into a longterm positive by fostering the relationship.

Why not buddy up with car dealers and bundle up a deal (season tickets) with a purchase/lease of a new car?
That's HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEE!!!!!!

upload_2014-6-21_20-39-41.jpeg

You said you went back to 2007 for season ticket holders I think you have to go deeper think 1996-2002 those people and their now adult kids are who you need back. special rate to get them back as STH and the rate applies to their children and grandchildren if they sign up to sit with them as STH. Go with the shafer mantra of Family.
I had people next to me that were season holders for years before Grob, but gave up their tix after his first season as coach. Those are the people you might be able to get to come back now.

Dan- sorry you and your colleagues aren't getting much help pushing tickets from the official SU Athletics twitter. Trying to get Otto into a lip-sync with Jimmy Fallon is apparently more important than filling the Dome.

Can we get that new marketing deal signed ASAP?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom