Calling All Syracuse Fans | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Calling All Syracuse Fans

Speaking of local 4 year colleges...I'd concentrat on SUNY Oswego. They have no Football team so you won't step on any toes. Give them each an Orange T-shirt and let them sit with the SU students. Talk to CENTRO and see if they can deliver the kids on gameday. Contact me offline...we have a CENTRO executive who posts here...he could probably send you to the right person. Edit: Anomander is corretc LeMoyne is the other 4 year college locally without football...engage them too.

Last edited:
Speaking of local 4 year colleges...I'd concentrated on SUNY Oswego. They have no Football team so you won't step on any toes. Give them each an Orange T-shirt and let them sit with the SU students. Talk to CENTRO and see if they can deliver the kids on gameday. Contact me offline...we have a CENTRO executive who posts here...he could probably send you to the right person.

How about OCC and LeMoyne? More local and no football.

We usually get them about 2 weeks before the season starts.

Dan replied in another thread that they are being mailed out starting this week

Hey DrBartle -

Do you know when they will be sending out to the Season Ticket Holders the extra Nova Tixx that Coach Shafer "Bought" us?
Thanks.

Hey DrBartle -

Do you know when they will be sending out to the Season Ticket Holders the extra Nova Tixx that Coach Shafer "Bought" us?
Thanks.

Should be with your season package!

I thought they were a "print on your own" deal.

If you did not chose to print at home they should be getting mailed out with your season package

Hi Dan,

While SU may be trying to distance itself from the Princeton Review, it was ranked #3 for "students pack the stadium." While it we know the football atmosphere is not at the level of the basketball atmosphere, hopefully this can be played up.

There must be some way to try to play up the "party" and "pack the stadium" atmosphere tactfully so that the administration approves. I know this has been tried one way or another with the DJ at games, but maybe a different marketing technique for students will help?

Hi Dan,

While SU may be trying to distance itself from the Princeton Review, it was ranked #3 for "students pack the stadium." While it we know the football atmosphere is not at the level of the basketball atmosphere, hopefully this can be played up.

There must be some way to try to play up the "party" and "pack the stadium" atmosphere tactfully so that the administration approves. I know this has been tried one way or another with the DJ at games, but maybe a different marketing technique for students will help?

Orange Fog Machines behind the student section for when the team takes the field and at the 4th quarter break! A waterfall of Orange will get them in early riled up throughout. Maybe put the chord that runs the Train horn in the student section for when the team takes the field and two sets of 4 bursts at the 4th quarter break. TDs run from upstairs obviously. And turn that Horn Volume UUUP!

Should be with your season package!

Hey Dan - My season tickets came today (WOOHOO - I always love getting them in the mail!!!!) -- but the extra Nova tickets were not included. I just checked my MyCuse account too and I don't see a link for the E-Tickets. Any idea what's up?

Oh - and what happened to the free things they used to give us with the tickets? No Sticker, License Plate Holder or Whatever that Stand-Up thing was last year??

Hey Dan - My season tickets came today (WOOHOO - I always love getting them in the mail!!!!) -- but the extra Nova tickets were not included. I just checked my MyCuse account too and I don't see a link for the E-Tickets. Any idea what's up?

Oh - and what happened to the free things they used to give us with the tickets? No Sticker, License Plate Holder or Whatever that Stand-Up thing was last year??

PM me your account info I'll see what the deal is. I'm not sure what the gift was... i'll check that as well

I am personally challenging the Football Board.

For those of you who don't know what I do I'm here to offer a quick background. My goals for this job are to bring people out in group settings (20 or more), mini-plans (3 Game Plan w/ FSU), and season tickets.

Finding traditional groups in an essence is simple. Businesses in Syracuse, Youth Sports, My Teacher's Link, Hospital employees, Friend Groups, etc.

Mini-Plan Buyers are tougher to find but the idea, again, is simple. Anyone who came to the Dome in the past few years without a mini plan, group, or season ticket. If they came out to two or more games they are the target for a mini-plan or maybe a full season.

However finding potential season ticket holders is difficult. I have gone through lists since 2007 of former STH to try and find the right people who would be interested in full season tickets. They could be 22 year old kids just out of college or 75 year old men. There is no "true demographic" for STH. This is why I need your help and I am challenging the board.

I have read on post numerous times that "The seats next to me are always empty" or that "We need to get more people here" and this is the way to do it.

The thinking behind this initiative is that there are hundreds of you, if not thousands of you on the board. If you all knew a few people who may be interested the number of season ticket holders can be exponential.

My challenge to you all is simple. Direct potential season ticket holders to me via email ( drbartle @ syr dot edu ) or my office number - 315-314-6756. Have them mention SyracuseFan.com and I'll know why they are calling. Even if they wanted a mini-plan or a group option.

My main goal is to get people here for every single game. If we can muster up a huge response from this then you have my word there will be a reward. Of course, I am not sure what it is you guys would want if anything. However if there is something that I can do don't hesitate to comment below and ask/tell me.

Besides, if you were a season ticket holder, wouldn't it be nice to actually have a say in who is sitting next to you for years to come? Wouldn't that make games and the experience more enjoyable? Let's make this a collective effort so you can help me in saying "We helped restore Syracuse Football"

Thanks, Guys.

Dan Bartlett - Account Executive
http://cuse.com/staff.aspx?staff=428
I'm in for 2. Thanks for your assistance Dan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom