Campbell to Iowa State | Syracusefan.com

Campbell to Iowa State

Iowa State on the ball, got their man. A good one at that.

Good hire for them. I have been pounding the table for Campbell for a couple years now. He will do well there.

I really, really liked Campbell. He was #1 on my list.

I was on the Campbell bandwagon too but If Coyle wanted him we would have got him. We have to trust him.

Last edited:
Surprised he went to ISU. Toledo beat them this year and will win more games over the next 4 years.

Surprised he went to ISU. Toledo beat them this year and will win more games over the next 4 years.
Not about Wins. It's about $$$$$$$$$$. Iowa St will pay him much more

Solid hire and nice resume. . Wish him well. He was top five on my list.

I was on the Campbell bandwagon too but If Coyle wanted him we would have got him. We to have trust him.

We would not be able to compete with Iowa St for $$.

I don't think Campbell was on Coyle's radar for some reason.

Rocco said:
We would not be able to compete with Iowa St for $$. I don't think Campbell was on Coyle's radar for some reason.

Huh? ISU is paying him $2 million. We can top that.

Huh? ISU is paying him $2 million. We can top that.
Also a 6 year deal and the overall guaranteed money is probably much higher than what Syracuse will pay.

Stern said:
Also a 6 year deal and the overall guaranteed money is probably much higher than what Syracuse will pay.

Gotcha. 6 years seems too long.

I agree, 6 years is long. This guy is young. Everyone has won at Toledo this past decade. Risky but Im not saying he wont be successful.

Not about Wins. It's about $$$$$$$$$$. Iowa St will pay him much more
more bad career decisions have been made for $ than any other factor. If Campbell is good, he should wait to get a job where he can WIN and get paid.

more bad career decisions have been made for $ than any other factor. If Campbell is good, he should wait to get a job where he can WIN and get paid.
The money he gets from Iowa St will set him and his family up for life. $$ is always the most important factor. These guys don't up-root their family, move across the country, and take the criticism they get in their profession for the "love of the game"...they will for money though