Can Gmac close | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Can Gmac close

Totally agree. GMac isn't the General, coming up with strategy in the back room--that's JB's job. Plus, my impression of the QG situation wasn't so much that GMac lost him, but that QG was always interested in the 'brighter' lights of UK, and when UK's own recruiting strategy changed course to prioritize him over certain other targets, he was all ears. When you have a kid who's susceptible to the UK hogwash, then that's very hard to overcome.
As our guy Francis said in his podcast, we got played by Green. I've been in the sales game 33 yrs. It can happen to the best of us. Learn and move on.

Too much faith in GMac. I shouldn't even comment. Met him too many times, as I'm sure plenty have. Just doesn't put off a friendly vibe to me. We'll see what happens.

Gmac should not of been put in the position he was with being the lead recruiter for many of the top guys in the 17 class. Hop should of taken over the lead when he came back from the Olympics. Gmac is not ready to recruit top 25 guys against the Blue Bloods. He's better at recruiting the upside guys and the guys ranked 75 or lower. He needs more experience.

That's an answer that we'll have to wait and see as the year progress and the players start chopping their final list and making commitments.

What do you think now? A lot has happened since the spring/early summer.

Gmac should not of been put in the position he was with being the lead recruiter for many of the top guys in the 17 class.
Hate to say it but it feels like JB was throwing Gerry a huge bone because he has a fondness for him.

Hate to say it but it feels like JB was throwing Gerry a huge bone because he has a fondness for him.
No matter the outcome, he believes in Gerry. The kid gave him everything he had for four years. If Gerry doesn't have it in him to be a great recruiter, JB will recognize it soon enough, but I don't think JB would just throw a kid a bone because he is fond of him. This program means way too much to him.

I went to the same high school as these guys, the Ramones, Cap'n Kangaroo and Ernie Grunfeld. True story ;)

I know it isnt the same, but I was fortunate enough to see them my freshman year at Oswego's Springfest. Man, do I ever miss college Springfests!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom