Can we beat UNC? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Can we beat UNC?

We are on 81S heading to NC for the game. If it was last year I would say that guarantees a win, but I'm not sure our presence will be enough.

I have a horrible cough & cold so I'm going to campus & cough all over the team. They should feel like crap by Monday so we're all good.
Headmaster, not sure if you'd mind, but would love for you to take some pictures of the area, campus, and inside the Dean Dome. I will live vicariously through you. Enjoy your trip and bring us good luck!

our shortest turn around game of the season. fortunately BC game didn't tax the short bench too much. long shot but who knows.

our shortest turn around game of the season. fortunately BC game didn't tax the short bench too much. long shot but who knows.

Are you suggesting the schedule makers tried to give us the bone on this one?

Sure can ... but SU absolutely has to avoid foul trouble. SU has the talent, but not having depth and skill is a big hurdle to overcome.

In this roller coaster season after putting a beat down on the chickens we will get pummeled by 20 this evening

Every time we play Carolina I'm confident we're going to win.

Even with our subpar team last year, we were one Michael Gbinije brain-fart from forcing overtime on the road against probably the best team in the country.

They've got more talent, they're in a better rhythm, but I'm cool with our chances. This is just one of the systems and coaching staffs that is right in Boeheim's wheelhouse.

Roberson's uncontainable when he's on. We absolutely can beat UNC and it's ridiculous to doubt that. However, a daunting amount of domino's need to fall correctly for that to happen.
- Good Robey shows up
- Good Gillon shows up
- UNC cold from the outside

That's what we would need

Every time we play Carolina I'm confident we're going to win.

Even with our subpar team last year, we were one Michael Gbinije brain-fart from forcing overtime on the road against probably the best team in the country.

They've got more talent, they're in a better rhythm, but I'm cool with our chances. This is just one of the systems and coaching staffs that is right in Boeheim's wheelhouse.
We did blow that Chapel Hill game - but if Cooney doesn't have an amazing game in the F4, they probably beat us by 30

With that said, Roy Williams never scares me as a coach. But between Berry, Jackson, Hicks and Meeeks - that's the issue

- Good Robey shows up
- Good Gillon shows up
- UNC cold from the outside

That's what we would need
Need Battle and White to show up around the perimeter as well. Lydon may have off scoring games but he at least finds elsewhere to load the stat sheets.

We did blow that Chapel Hill game - but if Cooney doesn't have an amazing game in the F4, they probably beat us by 30

With that said, Roy Williams never scares me as a coach. But between Berry, Jackson, Hicks and Meeeks - that's the issue

Yeah, for the third year in a row, we've got a huge disadvantage on the back line. Huge.

Yeah, for the third year in a row, we've got a huge disadvantage on the back line. Huge.

Yup, its a terrible matchup. We have had a lot more success against ND then UNC the last few years so I am pinning my hopes on Saturday.

Yup, its a terrible matchup. We have had a lot more success against ND then UNC the last few years so I am pinning my hopes on Saturday.

I think they're both solid games for the week as far as playing better teams but having an OK chance. Give me a steady diet of UNC and Notre Dame over the UVA and Va. Tech sorts of teams. Even when they're better, we still usually play well.

I don't understand why we're ready to make Robey a scapegoat before the game is even played. They're the best offensive rebounding team in the country. If TRob doesn't get his share of rebounds, it might have a lot to do with the other team, but that story doesn't sell papers or clicks, so...

I think they're both solid games for the week as far as playing better teams but having an OK chance. Give me a steady diet of UNC and Notre Dame over the UVA and Va. Tech sorts of teams. Even when they're better, we still usually play well.

Agreed, we never seem to play Vtech or Clemson great and our lost last week at Va Tech was no surprise to me. Hoping as you noted based on our prior history we can go split these next two games somehow.

Agreed, we never seem to play Vtech or Clemson great and our lost last week at Va Tech was no surprise to me. Hoping as you noted based on our prior history we can go split these next two games somehow.

Clemson, that was the other name I was searching for. Damn, I'm not looking forward to that game at all.

We are on 81S heading to NC for the game. If it was last year I would say that guarantees a win, but I'm not sure our presence will be enough.

I have a horrible cough & cold so I'm going to campus & cough all over the team. They should feel like crap by Monday so we're all good.
Are you the one who gave me this cold?

I say we shock the world on Monday night. I know we haven't proved it on the road yet, but I'm slowly being won back because of the emergence of Battle. He is a difference maker, and I think the team overall is beginning to grasp the zone much better. UNC had an emotional game today. Time to save the season boys!

Yes. We need to rebound and play Indiana 2012 sweet 16 D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom