Can we please just win this... | Syracusefan.com

Can we please just win this...

Scooch

Living Legend
... GAME?!?!?!

G*ddamn I want to see this program succeed.

I don't expect national titles, or top 10 rankings, or annual conference championships.

I just want to go into every game thinking we have a flipping shot and to beat dead-ass schools like Pitt.

Is this unreasonable?!

Can we just win?!?!

Friggin' win?!?!?!

Arggghhhhhh!

... GAME?!?!?!

I don't expect national titles, or top 10 rankings, or annual conference championships.

I just want to go into every game thinking we have a flipping shot and to beat dead-ass schools like Pitt.

Is this unreasonable?!

Can we just win?!?!

Friggin' win?!?!?!

Arggghhhhhh!
well said!
riker.gif

Come on, we are only in year 4... we can't be expected to beat a powerful team like Pitt yet. That is scheduled for year 8 after Marrone has fully turned over the players twice. Year 4 calls for finally being able to handle d2 schools like SB but even then we shouldn't expect to physically dominate them, that's at least year 6.

Year 4 is the year we turn the blinker on to start making the turn around the corner to respectability.

... GAME?!?!?!

Is this unreasonable?!

Can we just win?!?!

Friggin' win?!?!?!

Arggghhhhhh!

20 years ago this month SU beat the ever-lovin' snot out of Pitt and my sophomore year roommate went to a Halloween party that night dressed as a bloodied Alex Van Pelt.

Let's do that again.

Tonight.

20 years ago this month SU beat the ever-lovin' snot out of Pitt and my sophomore year roommate went to a Halloween party that night dressed as a bloodied Alex Van Pelt.

Let's do that again.

Tonight.
That's funny. I've met Van Pelt a few times. Pretty nice guy. Earned an NFL paycheck for a long time as an 8th round draft pick all because he had a cannon for a right arm and still earning a check as an NFL assistant coach. Not bad for a guy who always appeared to be out of shape.

Let's do that again.

Tonight.

That's great. We destroyed him in that game. By today's standards, the whole defense would probably be suspended.

Can't believe Pitt has won the last 7. 9 of the last 10. The only blip being a double OT home win. From the days we were in school (including my 5th, 6th, 7th years), it seems impossible they would ever dominate us like this.

Turn it around tonight!

i find it comical theres people stating this isnt a must win. seriously, we are here in year 4, game Fn 5...and people are looking for little improvements??? What???!!!

this piece of shlit better Fn win and he better Fn win easy.

it doesnt have to be a blow out, just easy.

score 1s., score 2nd. keep a 10pt cushion. pass the ball well. run out the clock. show victory formation for an entire series.

you had 2 weeks doogie, now get it the F done or get the F out.

Oh Lord

i find it comical theres people stating this isnt a must win. seriously, we are here in year 4, game Fn 5...and people are looking for little improvements??? What???!!!

this piece of shlit better Fn win and he better Fn win easy.

it doesnt have to be a blow out, just easy.

score 1s., score 2nd. keep a 10pt cushion. pass the ball well. run out the clock. show victory formation for an entire series.

you had 2 weeks doogie, now get it the F done or get the F out.

Oh Lord

The obvious problem with the must win label is that if we don't win, it can adversely affect how the rest of the season may play out...it's only the first game of the Big East schedule. That being said, this game is certainly a critical game, and, arguably, Marrone's most important/significant to date.

... GAME?!?!?!

Is this unreasonable?!

Can we just win?!?!

Friggin' win?!?!?!

Arggghhhhhh!
I think you're asking for a lot Scooch.

... GAME?!?!?!

Is this unreasonable?!

Can we just win?!?!

Friggin' win?!?!?!

Arggghhhhhh!

don't be so greedy.

Just lose respectably so I can tell my friends that we're the best 1-4 team in the country.

That's funny. I've met Van Pelt a few times. Pretty nice guy. Earned an NFL paycheck for a long time as an 8th round draft pick all because he had a cannon for a right arm and still earning a check as an NFL assistant coach. Not bad for a guy who always appeared to be out of shape.

And one of the best play-action fakes ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom