Can we win three more? | Syracusefan.com

Can we win three more?

Crusty

Living Legend
I really don't see how. We can beat Louisville and BC, but probably not NC State. Boy, how weird does that sound?

George McDonald's wide receivers are really talented and I don't know how we can contain them.

Even so, I would like our guys to go out on a winning note. Clemson? Forgettaboutit.

I hope we can win at least 1 more game. We have no chance against NCS. They will put 40 on us. We might move the ball, but we can't stop them.

Louisville's wins: Samford , Wake , BC , NCSU . NCSU's wins : Troy, Eastern Kentucky , Old Dom , South Alabama , Wake.

Louisville's wins: Samford , Wake , BC , NCSU . NCSU's wins : Troy, Eastern Kentucky , Old Dom , South Alabama , Wake.
Wow, that sucks. Worse than a typical Rutgers schedule.

I really don't see how. We can beat Louisville and BC, but probably not NC State. Boy, how weird does that sound?

George McDonald's wide receivers are really talented and I don't know how we can contain them.

Even so, I would like our guys to go out on a winning note. Clemson? Forgettaboutit.
No, we have a chance for 1-2 wins. Our bowl hopes went out the window when the defense coughed up bookend 9 minute late 4th qtr. drives, 1st to UVA then to Pitt.

Heck yes we can, and we need to if people want the Shafer stuff to get shut down

Heck yes we can, and we need to if people want the Shafer stuff to get shut down
I was in that camp but after seeing the announcer state Brisley quit on a route over the middle, not the 1st time. Also seeing Tim continue to trot Cornelius, and Avant out, as our backups who have caught 7 passes in 8 games. We never have a crossing pattern except to Parris. and that's for a 3-5 yard gain. It would be nice if we had a receiver who could run a crossing pattern 10-15 yards downfield, and maybe make someone miss. Oh wait we have 2 guys who are 6-5-225 WR's, but we never use them. We might not win another game this year. You can't keep running the same people who don't produce out there, and expect it will get better.

hoopsupstate said:
I hope we can win at least 1 more game. We have no chance against NCS. They will put 40 on us. We might move the ball, but we can't stop them.

If you've only watched them vs Clemson this is accurate. We averaged the same offensively vs P5.

If you've only watched them vs Clemson this is accurate. We averaged the same offensively vs P5.
for what it is worth, I looked up the numbers and did the math myself (always a dicey proposition!)

Using only offensive numbers against the P5 in regulation (so I stripped out special teams/defensive TD's and any OT points).

NC State offense averages 22 points per game in regulation
Syracuse offense averages 19.6 point per game in regulation

Scooch said:
Can we? Sure. UL, NC State and BC are all beatable. Will we? No. But who cares, I'm told wins don't matter anymore. We just need to produce some vague illusion of "progress".

Vague illusions based on easily quantified and readily accessible information?

Wins always matter - but unlike the NFL, all wins are not equal.

leftytg said:
for what it is worth, I looked up the numbers and did the math myself (always a dicey proposition!) Using only offensive numbers against the P5 in regulation (so I stripped out special teams/defensive TD's and any OT points). NC State offense averages 22 points per game in regulation Syracuse offense averages 19.6 point per game in regulation

Exactly. So putting up 40 would be a leap.

It will be hard just because we play with no pace - compared to Clemson this past weekend.

baggerbob said:
I was in that camp but after seeing the announcer state Brisley quit on a route over the middle, not the 1st time. Also seeing Tim continue to trot Cornelius, and Avant out, as our backups who have caught 7 passes in 8 games. We never have a crossing pattern except to Parris. and that's for a 3-5 yard gain. It would be nice if we had a receiver who could run a crossing pattern 10-15 yards downfield, and maybe make someone miss. Oh wait we have 2 guys who are 6-5-225 WR's, but we never use them. We might not win another game this year. You can't keep running the same people who don't produce out there, and expect it will get better.

Cornelius and Avant are better than Custis and Enoicy. If they weren't, the other two would be playing instead.

Cornelius and Avant are better than Custis and Enoicy. If they weren't, the other two would be playing instead.

Let's be honest all four have been non existent. Outside of Ishmael and to a lesser extent Lewis our WRS are awful.

TheCusian said:
Vague illusions based on easily quantified and readily accessible information? Wins always matter - but unlike the NFL, all wins are not equal.

*Easily* quantified?

I don't see us winning any more games this year. Losing is just one of those things that is hard to break, once it starts and other teams see it and our team sees it ... it tends to become a self-fulfilling prophecy. I don't see HCSS having the game preparation/management tools, or the senior player leadership, to turn this season around. I do think we have the talent to win three, though ...

Just a quick question, who are the dynamic receivers available when Ish and Estime need to come out of the game to rest?

Can we? Sure. UL, NC State and BC are all beatable.

Will we? No.

But who cares, I'm told wins don't matter anymore. We just need to produce some vague illusion of "progress".

You are on in the wrong thread. Need to be on the angry/apathy one.
(Not a dig at you, bro. Just sharing your frustration.:noidea:)

Let's be honest all four have been non existent. Outside of Ishmael and to a lesser extent Lewis our WRS are awful.
and our defense can't tackle to save their lives

for what it is worth, I looked up the numbers and did the math myself (always a dicey proposition!)

Using only offensive numbers against the P5 in regulation (so I stripped out special teams/defensive TD's and any OT points).

NC State offense averages 22 points per game in regulation
Syracuse offense averages 19.6 point per game in regulation

It is all about matchups and we matchup about as bad as possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom