Can't bear to watch | Syracusefan.com

Can't bear to watch

Delmar

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
No way I'll watch Maryland vs. JHU. Painful. Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Quite the finish to the ND game.

Odd strategy by Tierney. Subbing in defensive players while you still have the ball during a stall warning.

Might have cost them the game.

They might want to cover Perkovic.

4 late ND goals to force OT.

While not a fan of any of the semifinalists, by process of elimination I was silently hoping that the last remaining ACC representative would win. Now I really don't care who wins... as I have a strong dislike for all 3 remaining programs.

What's the lesser of 3 evils?

Denver winning #1 (Tierney's 7th)
Maryland winning #3 (Tillman's 1st ... Cornell grad).
Hopkins #10 (Petro's 3rd).

ND falls in OT. No championship for ACC. Hope Denver wins it...the last thing I want to see is a B1G champ. Since Delaney tried to kill the ACC in CR, I hope B1G teams do nothing but lose in all sports.

Maryland barely had the edge in faceoffs but played light years better then we did last week. Marylands goalie play light years better then SU, overall D as well.

JeremyCuse said:
Maryland barely had the edge in faceoffs but played light years better then we did last week. Marylands goalie play light years better then SU, overall D as well.
go denver be good for the sport other than Cuse winning, if that ever happens again

And yet, both were 1-goal games.

And yet, both were 1-goal games.

Unfortunately it took a herculean effort where SU scored 4 goals in about 1:30, something thats almost unheard of in Div 1. With the talent this team had to be down 5 with 3 minutes to go or whatever it was is a travesty.

Unfortunately it took a herculean effort where SU scored 4 goals in about 1:30, something thats almost unheard of in Div 1. With the talent this team had to be down 5 with 3 minutes to go or whatever it was is a travesty.

Travesty indeed.
Apparently the disappointing losses in post season and the general tendency to underachieve with really good talent does not bother the person/people who review the performance of the HC and staff too much. The manner in which SU lost with questionable gameplan, selective zeal, and very little or ineffective in game adjustment of tactics/personnel is becoming a little too common. It's irrational to call for Desko's ouster, but dangerous to keep thinking all is well with the status quo. This is SU Lacrosse, the expectation is supposed to be extremely high...isn't it?
It may be an over reaction but this team was supposed to redeem SU's horrible year in athletics. Instead it put a period on the statement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom