Can't wait for Football Season to Start! | Syracusefan.com

Can't wait for Football Season to Start!

chakka3421

All Conference
I haven't posted in awhile - just reading all the nonsense about NCAA sanctions has soured my March madness fever...not even going to East regional although offered great seats...not even watching on TV either...didn't fill out a bracket this year...and don't care who wins (already know UK wins anyway) don't even know whose coming to Dome this weekend. Followed the women's basketball more than men's tourney this year.

Positive is I've picked up an interest in Lacrosse (don't understand the rules yet but seems similar to hockey). Starting to follow it!

So what's left to look forward to - FOOTBALL!!!

Season can't start soon enough may even go to my first Spring game too...nuff said! Go Cuse!

I haven't posted in awhile - just reading all the nonsense about NCAA sanctions has soured my March madness fever...not even going to East regional although offered great seats...not even watching on TV either...didn't fill out a bracket this year...and don't care who wins (already know UK wins anyway) don't even know whose coming to Dome this weekend. Followed the women's basketball more than men's tourney this year.

Positive is I've picked up an interest in Lacrosse (don't understand the rules yet but seems similar to hockey). Starting to follow it!

So what's left to look forward to - FOOTBALL!!!

Season can't start soon enough may even go to my first Spring game too...nuff said! Go Cuse!

Irregardless of what some previous posters have said about the Spring Game, IMHO it is a blast. Great way to shake off the blues that this past winter/current spring have laid on us. A fast-paced, action-filled hour of football (geez--I sound like a commercial)--what more could you ask for in early April? Get there early, walk around the Dome, check out all the other football crazies who will be there, check out seats for potential future purchase. I can't wait for the season to start either, but for the time being, the Spring Game will have to do.

PS: think about attending Fan Fest in August also. If they do it like they did last year, you won't be disappointed.

Can't watch the Madness myself, or at least as I always have in the past. Look forward to the football season however and hoping for a new start. I figure it can't be worse given our leading ground gainer was 700 yards for the year and receiver was the same and had no TD catches for entire year. Fact is all receivers combined for the year had a total of 4 TD catches. It can't get worse than that, can it? Please, please. LOL
Will be interesting to see how much of, and what Lester's offense is in spring game. I'm sure we will get the vanilla package so not to give away anything but still am interested. I think the biggest difference we can hope for is that we establish a identity to our offense, one we can count on that forces teams to actually prepare for us.

Summer was invented to put something between Lacrosse and Football season.

With not much to do last night I watched replay of last years Duke vs SU football game on ESPN3, it's easy to forget just how much of a patchwork team SU had last year. During a good portion of the 2nd qtr the SU Oline was McGloster /Trudo /Emerich / Hayes / Palmer with 4th string QB taking snaps and we were only down 10-3 to the 22nd ranked team in the nation...later at the end of the 3rd qtr, the game was tied 10-10.

Guys like Ishmael, Philips & Zaire Franklin showed they can play in the ACC and I gotta believe there's others coming up that will prove their metal as well...Scissum, McFarlane, Morris II, Simmons, Samuels, Cornelius, Foy, TreyDunk, Parris, Bennett - Gooornge!