Carleton Exhibition | Syracusefan.com

Carleton Exhibition

Cuse_NYC

Starter
I know people will say it's just a scrimmage, who cares about the result. And will bring up the Lemoyne loss, but it's still nice to win a game like this. I think last yrs Carleton comeback win had alot to do with our great start... Carleton has beaten Memphis (yes, that Memphis) by 32 and again by 10, Vermont by 8 and Illinois Chi by 15. Their one loss came to Indiana by 10, but their best player, Phil Scrubb, did not play, as he was with the Canadian National Team. This will be a real test right out the gates.

Would not be surprised to see Cuse lose by 10-15pts against Carleton. This will be the best preseason opponent since a few of the old Athletes in Acton teams.
Agreed. The kids better be prepared to play good defense or it could get ugly.

I don't look forward to a loss but if it happens, it will probably be the best thing for this team. They are going to have to play good defense and play very hard to be successful.

Would not be surprised to see Cuse lose by 10-15pts against Carleton. This will be the best preseason opponent since a few of the old Athletes in Acton teams.

They basically return everyone that played significant minutes last year, except for their leading scorer and top minute per game guy.

Or the 2003 Globetrotters. We had no answer for Cedric Ceballos.

Yes, I recognize that no one's ever typed that sentence before.

They basically return everyone that played significant minutes last year, except for their leading scorer and top minute per game guy.
That guy was really good...ok maybe it will be a pick'em game with a lean to a Cuse loss. I really like us playing Carleton every year as long as they are really solid.

Agreed. The kids better be prepared to play good defense or it could get ugly.

I don't look forward to a loss but if it happens, it will probably be the best thing for this team. They are going to have to play good defense and play very hard to be successful.

Hate to be that guy, but I'll sign up for a loss and teachable moment right now.

I thought last year they returned everyone and it was their 4th year?

Would not be surprised to see Cuse lose by 10-15pts against Carleton. This will be the best preseason opponent since a few of the old Athletes in Action teams.

Oh great! Not sure I can handle the basketball board melting down alsoto go with the football side :) But I agree with you. It will be a great test to see exactly where we are.

Them too...was it Marathon Oil or Athletes in Action which had the really good teams?

I think both. I know we lost to Marathon Oil with Adrian Autry.

Hello, Syracuse basketball fans. I am a Carleton Ravens season ticket holder and I just registered to post on this forum. I thought that I would give you some comments from "north of the border" on the upcoming Carleton/Syracuse exhibition game at the Dome.

There will be a number of Ravens fans attending the game, but certainly nothing like the number of Orange fans at the game last year in Ottawa. It seemed like half of the crowd was wearing orange! That was an excellent game that ended with a Syracuse win in overtime. Carleton was up by 15 at one point in the second half but your stifling defence and your bigs under the baskets turned the game around. Not to mention that Tyler Ennis (from Canada) really put on a show.

Not sure exactly what to expect this year. The Ravens have lost three of our starters from last year. One of them, Tyson Hinz, was awarded the player of the week last week in Europe. I understand that the Orange have also lost three top players from last year's team. My feeling is that Syracuse has a wider recruiting presence to replace their lost starters. Hopefully, it will be an entertaining game and the Ravens can give the Orange a bit of opposition.

If any of you have any questions about the Ravens, please post here and I will do my best to answer them.

Looking forward to visiting the Dome for the first time and seeing a good game.

Hello, Syracuse basketball fans. I am a Carleton Ravens season ticket holder and I just registered to post on this forum. I thought that I would give you some comments from "north of the border" on the upcoming Carleton/Syracuse exhibition game at the Dome.

There will be a number of Ravens fans attending the game, but certainly nothing like the number of Orange fans at the game last year in Ottawa. It seemed like half of the crowd was wearing orange! That was an excellent game that ended with a Syracuse win in overtime. Carleton was up by 15 at one point in the second half but your stifling defence and your bigs under the baskets turned the game around. Not to mention that Tyler Ennis (from Canada) really put on a show.

Not sure exactly what to expect this year. The Ravens have lost three of our starters from last year. One of them, Tyson Hinz, was awarded the player of the week last week in Europe. I understand that the Orange have also lost three top players from last year's team. My feeling is that Syracuse has a wider recruiting presence to replace their lost starters. Hopefully, it will be an entertaining game and the Ravens can give the Orange a bit of opposition.

If any of you have any questions about the Ravens, please post here and I will do my best to answer them.

Looking forward to visiting the Dome for the first time and seeing a good game.
Much thanks and welcome! I expect a dogfight til the last minute and wouldn't be surprised with either outcome. Great program you have and we need this early test more than anyone would be believe. Good luck either way.

rallydoug said:
Hello, Syracuse basketball fans. I am a Carleton Ravens season ticket holder and I just registered to post on this forum. I thought that I would give you some comments from "north of the border" on the upcoming Carleton/Syracuse exhibition game at the Dome. There will be a number of Ravens fans attending the game, but certainly nothing like the number of Orange fans at the game last year in Ottawa. It seemed like half of the crowd was wearing orange! That was an excellent game that ended with a Syracuse win in overtime. Carleton was up by 15 at one point in the second half but your stifling defence and your bigs under the baskets turned the game around. Not to mention that Tyler Ennis (from Canada) really put on a show. Not sure exactly what to expect this year. The Ravens have lost three of our starters from last year. One of them, Tyson Hinz, was awarded the player of the week last week in Europe. I understand that the Orange have also lost three top players from last year's team. My feeling is that Syracuse has a wider recruiting presence to replace their lost starters. Hopefully, it will be an entertaining game and the Ravens can give the Orange a bit of opposition. If any of you have any questions about the Ravens, please post here and I will do my best to answer them. Looking forward to visiting the Dome for the first time and seeing a good game.

You guys have a real nice program. I am really happy Syracuse is able to play these games against such a good opponent. I don't think many people are overlooking how good Carleton is, and most probably expect a loss. I know I am really anxious to see how we look. Hopefully this is an entertaining match up. Enjoy your time at the Dome.

Would not be surprised to see Cuse lose by 10-15pts against Carleton. This will be the best preseason opponent since a few of the old Athletes in Action teams.
I work with Athletes in Action! We used to have teams that played against UK, UNC, etc. and our teams were stacked. I actually attended an Athletes in Action vs. SU women's team maybe 7 or 8 years ago as well, AIA ended up beating SU.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom