Carleton Exhibition | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Carleton Exhibition

I'm excited. Exhibition and early season games are rather tedious for me as they are mostly blowouts. I hope there are a good number of the fans in attendance. Carleton is a worthy opponent. I agree with TexanMark about playing Carleton every season.

Incredible job! Anyone that has questions beyond what you wrote was not paying attention.

It's a shame Carleton doesn't compete in division 1. they've shown they can hold their own...I think my freshman year we lost to a European team in an exhibition.

I wonder if this game will be on TV in Canada. It would be nice if Syracuse could do home and homes with Carleton to begin developing a Canadian TV market for ACC basketball. However, NCAA rules limit schools to one foreign trip every four years. That's silly in the case of Carleton since it's closer to Syracuse than most ACC schools.

I wonder if this game will be on TV in Canada. It would be nice if Syracuse could do home and homes with Carleton to begin developing a Canadian TV market for ACC basketball. However, NCAA rules limit schools to one foreign trip every four years. That's silly in the case of Carleton since it's closer to Syracuse than most all ACC schools.

FIFY

I'd love to see them play an in-season game every year. Have Carleton come down...have Destiny underwrite the costs and promote it to Ottawa and SE Ontario.

Check the "Mens Basketball Schedule" in the drop down menu on this site. It's under the "Additional Content" tab.

Teach a man to fish, and all that...
Once again I seem to be missing content when I view this site. I still can not see the count down clock for the next "event/game". Now I can not find a drop down tab of any kind, much less "additional content". Can anybody explain what is going on. And please, no useless comments.

Rallydoug...welcome to the board. Hope you become a regular.

I'm putting the finishing touches on my new tailgate guide...feel free to share this with other Raven's flying South for the game.

http://texanmarktailgate.blogspot.com/2014/10/syracuse-tailgate-and-visitors-guide-14.html

Are you expecting 500 or so fans heading down? Ask any questions about seeing a game at the Dome.

Anyways give us a capsule on your starting 5...thx in advance.

Thanks for the welcome. Your tailgate guide is incredible! Almost all Ravens' fans attending the game will be driving by car (less than 4 hours from Ottawa) or on charter buses. There might be 100-200 coming for the game. We just don't travel to away games like you do in the USA.

Pleased to give you a capsule on our starting five. But first a little background on the team. Carleton has won the Canadian University Championship (similar in concept to your March Madness) 10 of the last 12 years. Over those 12 seasons, the Ravens have only lost 19 games to Canadian schools (exhibition, regular season and playoffs). Over those seasons, we have played many exhibition games against NCAA D1 schools. Here is a link to those games and the results:

http://cishoops.ca/history/cisncaadetail.php?Team=Carleton

The man behind the success of the Ravens is the head coach, Dave Smart. Dave is also an assistant coach on our National team (the team that represents Canada at the World Championships and the Olympics).

Last year's team was probably our best team ever. We have 8 players returning from the 12 on that team. Three of the four players not returning were starters and one of them, Tyson Hinz was the heart and soul of the team. This year's team is lead by the Scrubb brothers, Phil and Tommy, who are in their final year of eligibility. Phil is a point guard and leads the team on the floor. Tommy is a forward and a true all round player. The brothers both played on the Canadian National team this summer. The Scrubbs would be starters on any D1 school in the USA. The other starters will be Victor Raso (guard), Connor Wood (forward) and Jean Emmanuel Pierre-Charles (centre). Here is a link to the roster:

http://goravens.ca/teams/mens-basketball/roster/

The keys to Carleton's game are defence, three point shooting and rebounding. If the Ravens go cold on three pointers and get knocked around under the baskets, then it will be a long night for them. If not, the game could be interesting. Most Carleton fans expect the team to loose but hope that it will remain competitive to the end. Regardless, we are all looking forward to our visit to the Dome.

Once again I seem to be missing content when I view this site. I still can not see the count down clock for the next "event/game". Now I can not find a drop down tab of any kind, much less "additional content". Can anybody explain what is going on. And please, no useless comments.
I'm guessing it's browser specific. When the web page doesn't seem to render correctly, try to open the same page in Firefox or Chrome. I used to hate Chrome and like it more than the others now. If you are using Safari (apple products), this would explain it. Some embedded content doesn't show well in Safari. But you can download another browser and try (if you are indeed using a mac/iPad/iPod/iPhone).

Doug feel free to share the guide with other Carleton fans. Please wear your colors...stop by Faegans Pub pregame or postgame. BTW, parking will be much easier than what my guide says...the hoops game will probably only draw 10k.

Last edited:
Doug feel free to share the guide with other Carleton fans. Please wear your colors...stop by Faegans Pub pregame. BTW, parking will be much easier than what my guide says...the hoops game will probably only draw 10k.

Parking will not be a problem, as I am coming on a charter bus. Most Carleton fans will be wearing a black jersey with an evil looking raven on the front. Depending on our arrival time, I will try to stop by the pub.

Thanks for the welcome. Your tailgate guide is incredible! Almost all Ravens' fans attending the game will be driving by car (less than 4 hours from Ottawa) or on charter buses. There might be 100-200 coming for the game. We just don't travel to away games like you do in the USA.

Pleased to give you a capsule on our starting five. But first a little background on the team. Carleton has won the Canadian University Championship (similar in concept to your March Madness) 10 of the last 12 years. Over those 12 seasons, the Ravens have only lost 19 games to Canadian schools (exhibition, regular season and playoffs). Over those seasons, we have played many exhibition games against NCAA D1 schools. Here is a link to those games and the results:

The man behind the success of the Ravens is the head coach, Dave Smart. Dave is also an assistant coach on our National team (the team that represents Canada at the World Championships and the Olympics).

Last year's team was probably our best team ever. We have 8 players returning from the 12 on that team. Three of the four players not returning were starters and one of them, Tyson Hinz was the heart and soul of the team. This year's team is lead by the Scrubb brothers, Phil and Tommy, who are in their final year of eligibility. Phil is a point guard and leads the team on the floor. Tommy is a forward and a true all round player. The brothers both played on the Canadian National team this summer. The Scrubbs would be starters on any D1 school in the USA. The other starters will be Victor Raso (guard), Connor Wood (forward) and Jean Emmanuel Pierre-Charles (centre). Here is a link to the roster:

The keys to Carleton's game are defence, three point shooting and rebounding. If the Ravens go cold on three pointers and get knocked around under the baskets, then it will be a long night for them. If not, the game could be interesting. Most Carleton fans expect the team to loose but hope that it will remain competitive to the end. Regardless, we are all looking forward to our visit to the Dome.

So you coach is smart but your players are scrubbs? ;):rolleyes:

When is this game?

Two trips to the Dome in one weekend: the FB team plays NC State at 3PM on Saturday and the basketball team Plays Carleton at 1Pm on Sunday. They should do a time-lapse of the workers changing the Dome from a football to a basketball venues between those games. they might not have to speed it up!

I don't think they would have any eligibility left ;)

"The Tigers were running with a freshman point guard, Pookie Powell, and a very young team; "

Not like us at all. :cool:
We are inexperienced but far from young. Our two "freshmen" will be 20 in February. Cooney and Gbinije are 4th year Jrs.

If that happens expect us to be on the front page of ESPN.com all day and the opening headlining on SportsCenter lol. Reasons for that is why I pray we don't lose ha.
Complete with references to Dayton, Richmond, Vermont, Le Moyne, ad nauseum. Oh Lord

Okay, I've been patient. 7 months have gone by, and I've been communing with nature, hobnobbing with pals, losing weight, working a bit, and enjoying the present moment.

I am SICK of it! I want Nov. 2 to come and I want it to come NOW. I am thrilled we are playing Carleton and have a chance to see where we are with legit competition. I want to see how Joseph is going to perform at point guard. Is Cooney really so jacked he can't lift his arms over his head? Will Christmas come true? What about Bob? I mean, Chris? How long will it take me to remember all the new guys and their numbers? Is that dumb guy going to sit next to me again this year?

And the most important question of all . . . the question that leaves me tossing and turning in bed night after sleepless night ... is: Will BJ keep the headband and goatee so I can keep my avatar???

The season awaits. It. Is. Time.

We are inexperienced but far from young. Our two "freshmen" will be 20 in February. Cooney and Gbinije are 4th year Jrs.

Actually, all college teams are young. They aren't the Knicks or the Nets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom