Carleton Exhibition | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Carleton Exhibition

I saw something yesterday where the Bucks will actually have more teenagers on their team than Marquette believe it or not.
exactly, by February BJ will be the only teenager on our team

I thought it was funny when the announcer said the younger McCullough will go first (for the dunk contest final), even though BJ is a year younger than Chris and Kaleb apparently.

I'm guessing it's browser specific. When the web page doesn't seem to render correctly, try to open the same page in Firefox or Chrome. I used to hate Chrome and like it more than the others now. If you are using Safari (apple products), this would explain it. Some embedded content doesn't show well in Safari. But you can download another browser and try (if you are indeed using a mac/iPad/iPod/iPhone).
I use Explorer. Used Chrome for a while but I hate it. Went back to Explorer. In the past, I had all the content (count down clock, and tabs) but for some reason I don't get it anymore

I use Explorer. Used Chrome for a while but I hate it. Went back to Explorer. In the past, I had all the content (count down clock, and tabs) but for some reason I don't get it anymore
Yeah, go for Mozilla Firefox if you can. Worth a shot. Either that or Chrome. As much as I used to love Opera (another browser) due to its speed, they often have render problems. The same could be said of IE, so give Firefox or Chrome a try if you can!

Parking will not be a problem, as I am coming on a charter bus. Most Carleton fans will be wearing a black jersey with an evil looking raven on the front. Depending on our arrival time, I will try to stop by the pub.

Doug...if your fans are looking for a meal before or after the game...this link has all the (mostly) fast and casual restaurants near campus. You need to walk down Marshall Street to get a feel for SU's retail area. If you are in charge of the Charter Bus...build in 90 mins post game to eat/shop the Marshall St. area. Buy your Syracuse T-shirts, etc at Manny's on Marshall St.

http://www.syracuse.com/entertainme...nts_marshall_street_su_hill.html#incart_river

Doug...if your fans are looking for a meal before or after the game...this link has all the (mostly) fast and casual restaurants near campus. You need to walk down Marshall Street to get a feel for SU's retail area. If you are in charge of the Charter Bus...build in 90 mins post game to eat/shop the Marshall St. area. Buy your Syracuse T-shirts, etc at Manny's on Marshall St.

http://www.syracuse.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2014/10/syracuse_university_restaurants_marshall_street_su_hill.html#incart_river

Mark:

I expect that we will not have much time before the game. Our current schedule has us leaving Ottawa at 8:00am and arriving just before noon. We have to go through US customs on the way. Ordinarily, this would just be a formality. However, based on what happened in Ottawa yesterday, I suspect that our stay at customs will be lengthy and we might have to leave Ottawa earlier than planned.

Only four days until the Carleton/Syracuse game on Sunday. The Ravens left today for games against Northeastern (Thursday) and Colgate (Friday) before the game on Sunday. The Syracuse game will be the Ravens 18th pre-season game. Sounds like a lot, but our regular season is only 18 games long. So far in pre-season, our record is 13-2. Carleton lost in overtime in June in Italy to France's U-20 team. Then lost to Indiana in August by 10 points. We were missing our coach and top player (Philip Scrubb) for the Indiana game, as they were with the Canadian National team touring Europe.

Anyway, time for a prediction. I have noticed in this thread that a number of Syracuse fans think that Carleton might win the game. I have not yet talked to a Ravens' fan who thinks that will happen. I look for Syracuse to win by 15. I will be disappointed if we loose by more than 20 and delighted if we can stay within single digits of the Orange.

We have what looks like real good seats for the game, behind the Carleton bench and up a few rows. I time permits, please stop by and say hello. Most of us will be wearing a black Carleton jersey.

Doug...might our guys have higher upside? Yes for the most part...BTW, I think Scrubb might make an NBA team next year. However, our team is young and the guys have only been practicing for a few weeks. I think Carleton wins by 10.

Safe travels and enjoy your visit. I hope this becomes an annual game.

Anyway, time for a prediction. I have noticed in this thread that a number of Syracuse fans think that Carleton might win the game. I have not yet talked to a Ravens' fan who thinks that will happen. I look for Syracuse to win by 15. I will be disappointed if we loose by more than 20 and delighted if we can stay within single digits of the Orange.
our coach, at the ACC media day today, said your team was better than his. And there was no reason for him to be sandbagging.

Carleton wins easy and this forum goes into a spiral, but hopefully it serves us like the exhibition loss to LeMoyne did in November, 2009.

our coach, at the ACC media day today, said your team was better than his. And there was no reason for him to be sandbagging.

Carleton wins easy and this forum goes into a spiral, but hopefully it serves us like the exhibition loss to LeMoyne did in November, 2009.

By JB's logic, that would seem to be the case. He made it sound as if they would be better, and our change would be a question mark, at best.

As for the meltdown(possibly my favorite term learned from this site), it wouldn't surprise me either, and I think you are correct. That may prevent me from starting my annual thread about when folks predict the first major meltdown. I think some folks felt bad it didn't happen already with the sanction topic. Some folks initially complained it wasn't receiving enough attention a week or so ago. Myself, I'm ambivalent. I'll likely feel better once the cloud of speculation has lifted, depending on the severity of the punishment. I don't see myself joining in the meltdown though, unless it starts to appeal to me once it starts for whatever reason. Some like it hot but we don't know how hot til we try.

SBU72 said:
From one of the forum pages, scroll down to the very bottom of the window and look for a small link there on the far left. It needs to be A&O to get all the content you are missing. The mobile option works well for phones and other mobile devices but drops some of the bells and whistles to allow things to fit in a relatively small amount of space.

From one of the forum pages, scroll down to the very bottom of the window and look for a small link there on the far left. It needs to be A&O to get all the content you are missing. The mobile option works well for phones and other mobile devices but drops some of the bells and whistles to allow things to fit in a relatively small amount of space.

Any idea if Tapatalk support can be enabled?

Any idea if Tapatalk support can be enabled?
I would ask this on the Support/Suggestions page. My memory is that we tried it initially, had some success with it but they kept trying to shake down Tom Emery for payments when they weren't doing anything significant to improve the product, so he dropped them and went to ForumRunner.

Tom would be the best person to ask though...

I just looked up their schedule. Wow they've already played 11 exhibition games since August. From a fan and player stand point that has to be awesome. They maintain a schedule similar to the IVY's (and typical D-2/D-3 schools) of having their games only on Fridays and Saturdays thus maintaining the 'student athlete premise'. Something refreshing about that set up and knowing Carelton still plays at a high level.***

***Disclaimer: I understand this currently wouldn't work without major reform and due to TV deals, Revenue Goals for Universities/Conferences and the NCAA structure.

Carleton should be a really good challenge for SU.
Prediction: SU 62 - Carleton Banks 58, High Scorer: Silent G with 14pts

giphy.gif

Only four days until the Carleton/Syracuse game on Sunday. The Ravens left today for games against Northeastern (Thursday) and Colgate (Friday) before the game on Sunday. The Syracuse game will be the Ravens 18th pre-season game. Sounds like a lot, but our regular season is only 18 games long. So far in pre-season, our record is 13-2. Carleton lost in overtime in June in Italy to France's U-20 team. Then lost to Indiana in August by 10 points. We were missing our coach and top player (Philip Scrubb) for the Indiana game, as they were with the Canadian National team touring Europe.

We have what looks like real good seats for the game, behind the Carleton bench and up a few rows. I time permits, please stop by and say hello. Most of us will be wearing a black Carleton jersey.
Okay, I've tried Googling but as far as the interwebs are concerned, the Northeastern vs. Carleton game today never happened. Score?

bballbeadle said:
Okay, I've tried Googling but as far as the interwebs are concerned, the Northeastern vs. Carleton game today never happened. Score?

Carleton 75-62 in August.

Weird. Doug said Carleton was playing Northeastern last night and Colgate tonight before they play Syracuse on Sunday. Hmm.

You will never find out the scores of these two games. They are controlled scrimmages so that they do not count as exhibition games for the NCAA teams involved. Carleton has played these two teams quite often in the past to warm up for a major opponent. They did the same last year before playing Cincinnati. They give the team a chance to get used to playing NCAA rules and refereeing. Playing a 35 second shot clock is a big change for the Ravens as we play FIBA rules (24 seconds) in Canada.

A 24 sec clock would be awesome for us...many times teams are nowhere ready to shoot in 24 seconds against our Zone.

You will never find out the scores of these two games. They are controlled scrimmages so that they do not count as exhibition games for the NCAA teams involved. Carleton has played these two teams quite often in the past to warm up for a major opponent. They did the same last year before playing Cincinnati. They give the team a chance to get used to playing NCAA rules and refereeing. Playing a 35 second shot clock is a big change for the Ravens as we play FIBA rules (24 seconds) in Canada.

It should be set at 30 in this game as the ACC (and a few other conferences) schools are experimenting with a 30-sec shot clock in their exhibitions.

A 24 sec clock would be awesome for us...many times teams are nowhere ready to shoot in 24 seconds against our Zone.

When NCAA D1 teams visit Carleton in August for exhibition games, the norm has been to split the difference and play a 30 second clock. In recent memory, only Bo Ryan chose to play a 24 second clock last year, and Wisconsin got smoked by the Ravens. Yes, we had lots of problems with the Syracuse defence last year and I expect the same will be the case on Sunday.

When NCAA D1 teams visit Carleton in August for exhibition games, the norm has been to split the difference and play a 30 second clock. In recent memory, only Bo Ryan chose to play a 24 second clock last year, and Wisconsin got smoked by the Ravens. Yes, we had lots of problems with the Syracuse defence last year and I expect the same will be the case on Sunday.

Defensively we are less experienced on the wings but probably more experienced out top than last year. I would like a 30sec or even a 24sec. Lets get both teams moving and see what they can do

Do you have a Carleton or Canada wide Sports Forum to talk college sports? If you don't...I know a sports forum that could host you for free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom