Carmelo Anthony has possibly played his final game with Knicks | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo Anthony has possibly played his final game with Knicks

I'm surprised there isn't more talk about him going back home and playing for the Wizards.

At the beginning of this season I would have thought Melo should leave NYC and both the Knicks and he would be all the better for it. But now I think he should take a slight paycut as he said he would and wait out next year and see what Phil will do the follwing offseason in free agency. Unless he is going to Chicago I don't know if there is a spot where he can go and immediately be a title contender.

At the beginning of this season I would have thought Melo should leave NYC and both the Knicks and he would be all the better for it. But now I think he should take a slight paycut as he said he would and wait out next year and see what Phil will do the follwing offseason in free agency. Unless he is going to Chicago I don't know if there is a spot where he can go and immediately be a title contender.
Everyone acts like Chicago will be a monster if he goes there, and they absolutely could, but unless he takes a pay cut they will lose Taj Gibson and he's again banking on a co-star battling injury to be healthy enough to help him.

Everyone acts like Chicago will be a monster if he goes there, and they absolutely could, but unless he takes a pay cut they will lose Taj Gibson and he's again banking on a co-star battling injury to be healthy enough to help him.

Do they have to? They're most likely gonna amnesty Boozer. Plus if Melo leaves the Knicks he is pretty much guaranteed to take a paycut.

They'd be at like 48 million with Boozer gone, they could probably trade Dunleavy and his $3 million. Melo might not be able to make $20 per year, but they could probably start him around $17 or so.

You are right about Rose, but Noah is a star as well. Great player. Wonder what they would do with Gibson anyway, Melo might be better as the 4 as he gets older. But Noah/Gibson are both fantastic defenders.

Melo isn't getting any younger. He needs to go where he can immediately become part of a contender. And that isn't the Knicks.

hes not going anywhere, unless hes pushed out the door.

no way does he walk away from the Knicks if Phil wants him.

hes not going anywhere, unless hes pushed out the door.

no way does he walk away from the Knicks if Phil wants him.

I'm in this boat. No way does Phil take that NYK job without security from Melo and probably some other big name FA to be.

Phil didn't take this job to beg stars to come play. He took it knowing who will come. I'm convinced that he knows who will be on next year's team already.

I'm in this boat. No way does Phil take that NYK job without security from Melo and probably some other big name FA to be.

Phil didn't take this job to beg stars to come play. He took it knowing who will come. I'm convinced that he knows who will be on next year's team already.

He can't really do anything this summer though. They'll have th ecap space next summer, but I'm not sure I would trust if someone says they're going to play for me in 18 months or whatever it is between now and October 2015.

He can't really do anything this summer though. They'll have th ecap space next summer, but I'm not sure I would trust if someone says they're going to play for me in 18 months or whatever it is between now and October 2015.

Just my opinion, Phil Jackson isn't taking a job that isn't in his place of residence without certain assurances.

It's just like the Heat thing - that was decided many moons before The Decision.

But no way is Dolan dishing out that much money without certain assurances. You aren't paying for Phil Jackson to be a grinder. You are paying for his ability to give your organization credibility. Maybe they deal with next year and whatever happens, but I think there is a known roster in place on hand for the future.

I am a Knicks fan, but he would be crazy if he didn't consider going there. They would be an instant title contender next year.

Just my opinion, Phil Jackson isn't taking a job that isn't in his place of residence without certain assurances.

It's just like the Heat thing - that was decided many moons before The Decision.

But no way is Dolan dishing out that much money without certain assurances. You aren't paying for Phil Jackson to be a grinder. You are paying for his ability to give your organization credibility. Maybe they deal with next year and whatever happens, but I think there is a known roster in place on hand for the future.

Yeah I was definitely thinking of the Heat thing. I just don't know about the assurances thing; a lot can change in 18 months. Maybe Kevin Love did say "i'm coming here in 2015" but that doesn't totally mean anything. It's not like they can hold him to it.

I agree they are paying for the credibility Jackson brings to the team. I'm just not totally sure they know they're bringing in Kevin Love or whoever next summer.

Not sure what anyone would expect Melo to say but in the exerpts from his exit interview with Phil Jax, he sounded like someone's who staying provided a legit plan is put forth to contend throughout his contract.

Frankly I've been hoping for years Melo would wind up in Chicago so I'm crossing my fingers that comes to fruition. Would love to see him playing for the Bulls.

I think his best chance of winning is with the Bulls but man, have you guys ever encountered Chicago sports fans? Terrible people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom