Carolina -2.5 at home vs. Seattle | Syracusefan.com

Carolina -2.5 at home vs. Seattle

Eric15

Living Legend
I don't bet on sports, but man if I did I would have a hard time not betting the house on Carolina here. I don't understand why the Seahawks get so much respect -- the fact that they're still in the playoffs is nothing short of a miracle.

I don't bet on sports, but man if I did I would have a hard time not betting the house on Carolina here. I don't understand why the Seahawks get so much respect -- the fact that they're still in the playoffs is nothing short of a miracle.

They have been to two straight super bowls, and people still don't respect Carolina. I would put my money on Carolina.

The last 5 games
10-18-15 Panthers 27 Seahawks 23
1-10-15 Seahawks 31 Panthers 17
10-26-14 Seahawks 13 Panthers 9
9-8-13 Seahawks 12 Panthers 7
10-7-12 Seahawks 16 Panthers 12

All of these games have had a score in the last 3 minutes of the game to decide the final outcome. Even the playoff game was a 7 point game till a turnover returned for TD made it a 14 point game.

I would lay the points as I think Carolina will win a tight game but the line is smart.

Carolina's defense ended the year playing very poor. They couldn't stop anyone for long stretches of time in a few games. The Panthers have been bad in the playoffs in recent years as well. Only reason they got a playoff win last year was because they faced Lindsly at QB. Seattle also has a major coaching edge as well here.

Seattle is battle tested and proven. I wouldn't touch the game at all, but if I had to bet it I would bet Seattle on the money line.

Definitely lucky to win Sunday, but outside of that game (played in sub zero temps) they have been on a tear in the second half of the season (winning 7 of 8), ending with an absolute a$$whooping on the Cardinals on the road who have been looking great. And there are those two super bowls they have been in the last two years.

The last 5 games
10-18-15 Panthers 27 Seahawks 23
1-10-15 Seahawks 31 Panthers 17
10-26-14 Seahawks 13 Panthers 9
9-8-13 Seahawks 12 Panthers 7
10-7-12 Seahawks 16 Panthers 12

All of these games have had a score in the last 3 minutes of the game to decide the final outcome. Even the playoff game was a 7 point game till a turnover returned for TD made it a 14 point game.

I would lay the points as I think Carolina will win a tight game but the line is smart.
The one Seattle lost, they gave away a double digit 4th quarter lead. My adopted team has this.
Bills in 2017!!!!

I'd probably be betting on Seattle. I think Carolina is the 3rd best team in the NFC.

Carolina scored the most points in the NFL and this game will be played at 10 AM Pacific time.

I don't think people are giving Carolina enough respect. I think this Panthers team only laying 3 is serious disrespect.

I think Carolina wins this game. Minnesota had a great gameplan. They had their DEs not jump out and pushed to keep Russell Wilson in the pocket. You need to keep him in the pocket. Carolina 24 Seattle 14.

Seattle has closed the season on quite the roll; they didn't play all that great last week but I can chalk some of that up to t he weather. Also I've been calling a Seattle-NE super bowl for a few weeks so i'm willing to excuse more from them

It's not like it's Carolina's fault or anything; they've beaten the teams that they've played, but their schedule was terribly weak. Their only games against teams with .500 or better records were:

home vs. Houston (when they were awful)
@ Seattle (when they were struggling)
home vs. Green Bay (a good win)
home vs. Redskins (when they were still bad)
home vs. Falcons (when they were awful)
@ Falcons (when they were awful, which Carolina lost)

They basically had one win over a good team this year (but again, credit to them for beating weaker teams the way that a good team should). When you look at teams in the past 10 years that have had as weak a schedule as the Panthers, they tend to struggle once the playoffs start. I think Carolina is a legitimately good team, but to me, I'd say they're behind Arizona and Seattle.

It's down to Carolina -1.5. Feel free to bump this and call me out if I'm wrong, but man do I feel good about Carolina in this game.

Seattle has closed the season on quite the roll; they didn't play all that great last week but I can chalk some of that up to t he weather. Also I've been calling a Seattle-NE super bowl for a few weeks so i'm willing to excuse more from them

I have a lot of respect for Seattle, but they lost to the Rams at home, they did blow out Arizona, but lets be honest, Arizona didn't even try in that game, and they should have lost last week. I think this is the the game where Carolina shows the doubters how good they are.

I have a lot of respect for Seattle, but they lost to the Rams at home, they did blow out Arizona, but lets be honest, Arizona didn't even try in that game, and they should have lost last week. I think this is the the game where Carolina shows the doubters how good they are.

Why didn't Arizona try? They entered the day with a chance to get homefield throughout the playoffs. Seems more like Seattle just kicked their ass

Why didn't Arizona try? They entered the day with a chance to get homefield throughout the playoffs. Seems more like Seattle just kicked their ass

Carolina was beating up on Tampa, going in they still had a chance, but it was very unlikely, they pretty much had nothing to play for.

Carolina was beating up on Tampa, going in they still had a chance, but it was very unlikely, they pretty much had nothing to play for.

Both games started at 4 though

Is there anywhere you can find the record of west coast teams traveling east for a 1 o'clock game?

You don't think that they had people keeping track of the game, once Carolina was up big, they had nothing to play for.

So we've gone from "they had nothing to play for" to "they had nothing to play for after some undetermined period of time"

The Panthers were trailing at the end of the first quarter; Seattle was already up 10-0 at that time.