Cashman's willingness to put the prize kids on the table for trade talks worries me-- | Syracusefan.com

Cashman's willingness to put the prize kids on the table for trade talks worries me--

CaliCuse

All American
The thought of losing Severino,Bird and or Judge means that the transition from the current set of geezers like Brltranwill be delayed. Watching the kids succeed is and always has been exciting for fans Not every kid is going to be a Jeter or aMantle but until given the chance in pinstripes you won't know . Watching them succeed in another city against the Yanks is painful.Cashman should be looking for another third baseman as Headley hasn't com close to expectations.In the field or the plate.

I don't think he has forgotten what made the Yankees great,but your farm system feeds your major league team. If that is through promotion or trade, then so be it

CASHman has forgotten what made the Yankees great. Homegrown talent: Jeter Williams and Posada.
For some , with me included,the introduction of young players getting their first chance in the Majors is fun. Cheering their success was seen this year with Bird and Severino and to a small extent Refsynder.

Last edited:
I don't think he has forgotten what made the Yankees great,but your farm system feeds your major league team. If that is through promotion or trade, then so be it
Cashman has the right name for his method for securing talent and now the Yankee organization is literally paying for his famous deals. Of course A-Rod's will be the biggest mess he tied up the organization with.CC is another . The biggest problem besides the $ involved is the length of the contracts keeping these guys under contract when all the laws of aging which to my knowledge has not be changed by man since the first men of Earth died. Reflexes and strength start a precipitous decline after the age of 35.

Yes there are players doing well after that age but the decline is in progress. Its time that Cashman understand this before signing any more FAs to contracts The organization has excellent young talent coming up for every position on any base ball team. We/they have depth at the SS position and soon enough at 3rd base. Centerfield will be needed soon as Ellsbury is getting to that fragile age when his speed and batting ability will be declining. Trading Gardner seems to be on Cashman's agenda so it will be very surprising to see him in pinstripes on opening day. Aaron Judge will be looking to get out of the Yankee trap shortly. No matter how well he plays he doesn't even get a cup of coffee and a cinnamon bun with the big team. He is now a far better fielder than Beltran whose age was showing in the field last year.

Cashman has the right name for his method for securing talent and now the Yankee organization is literally paying for his famous deals. Of course A-Rod's will be the biggest mess he tied up the organization with.CC is another . The biggest problem besides the $ involved is the length of the contracts keeping these guys under contract when all the laws of aging which to my knowledge has not be changed by man since the first men of Earth died. Reflexes and strength start a precipitous decline after the age of 35.

Yes there are players doing well after that age but the decline is in progress. Its time that Cashman understand this before signing any more FAs to contracts The organization has excellent young talent coming up for every position on any base ball team. We/they have depth at the SS position and soon enough at 3rd base. Centerfield will be needed soon as Ellsbury is getting to that fragile age when his speed and batting ability will be declining. Trading Gardner seems to be on Cashman's agenda so it will be very surprising to see him in pinstripes on opening day. Aaron Judge will be looking to get out of the Yankee trap shortly. No matter how well he plays he doesn't even get a cup of coffee and a cinnamon bun with the big team. He is now a far better fielder than Beltran whose age was showing in the field last year.

Name Cashman's famous deals, and make sure they were Cashman's and not him being overridden by Hank/Hal/Levine etc? CC's deal was an extension from his opt out after 3 years, 3 years in which he finished in the top 4 of the Cy Young all 3 years and was only 30 years old. You "hope" to get 5 years, and suffer the last few. No club is getting top players without shelling out years and cash. It is why the Yankees did not go any longer on the Cano deal.
Judge was suffering and underperforming at AAA, and Beltran was one of if not the best Yankee on offense in the 2nd half

The Yankees have never won when they could not outspent people.
At least George spent his money on quality and not by vastly long contracts.One of his best was Catfish Hunter.. One of my all-time favorite pitcher in pinstripes. The thing they said about Catfish. "Batters would run to the plate to get their swings and walk back

to the dugout shaking their heads after making an out in various ways XO or ground outs ,it didn't matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom