Catholics vs. Convicts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Catholics vs. Convicts

I can't speak for the entire country as apparently you can, but I didn't view this game as black and white. Were the two schools viewed differently? Absolutely. Do the Golden Domers and their alumni and fans have a sense of entitlement and that they are better than others? No question. Miami wearing camos, running up the score and Jimmy Johnson's hair are the main reasons why I hated Miami. Call me naive, but I didn't look at them as a "black" school and Notre Dame a "white" school. If you felt that way, fine. That's your prerogative. I think it comes off as judgemental when you try and tell others what they should believe and that the entire nation views things differently than them. As I stated in my original post, I was in college when I attended the game. I'm not sure how that enters into the equation, but so be it. Though you weren't asking Sabach and not me, I did attend that game as a Notre Dame fan. Had they been playing Penn State instead of Miami, I would have had the same animosity for the opponent, though I'm not sure if you and 'Merica view PSU as a white school or a black school.

Where in any post , did I say that I felt that way. Nor, did I say that I speak for America. I gave my opinion. This is a message board and that is what we do. In the brokerage office that I was working, I can assure you, that many white people viewed the game as white vs black. I wasn't brought up to think that way. But others do. Race plays bigger role than many of us would like to admit.

" That America viewed N.D. as white."
"my opinion" "Do the Golden Domers and their fans have a sense of entitlement and that they are better than others? No question" Your opinion. That isn't a fact. This is a message board. We give our opinions.

"my opinion" "Do the Golden Domers and their fans have a sense of entitlement and that they are better than others? No question" Your opinion. That isn't a fact. This is a message board. We give our opinions.

In my opinion, yours reads as a statement of fact, and in multiple posts it appears that you are pushing others to accept it as fact as well. Since this is a message board, I am posting that opinion.

In my opinion, yours reads as a statement of fact, and in multiple posts it appears that you are pushing others to accept it as fact as well. Since this is a message board, I am posting that opinion.
lol you mean you think I think my opinion is correct?? Wow. Breaking news. My opinion is that this is a waste of my time.

lol you mean you think I think my opinion is correct?? Wow. Breaking news. My opinion is that this is a waste of my time.

No, I think that you think that your opinion should be shared by everyone. Perhaps that type of rhetoric is better suited for the political off-topic forum.

Regardless, I do agree that this has been an exercise in futility.

I thought it was one of the weakest 30 for 30's ESPN has ever done. It was kind of dull and boring. Rich kid make some shirts, makes a lot of money, get some attention, school punishes him and rich kid can't play basketball...boo hoo! Now, the promo for the XFL 30 for 30 looks beyond brilliant. What scares me is Dick Ebersol's son is the one who made the XFL 30 for 30 so you know it will have a huge slant and not be completely honest and truthful cause he isn't painting his dad in a bad light, which with that his father was more of the cause of the failure than McMahon. But the promo alone was amazing!!
when is that out again?

Is it basically like a "Where Are They Now" He Hate Me edition?

I caught the second half of the documentary last night. The reffing was so horrible on a few of those plays. The lack of replay really made a difference.

I thought it was one of the weakest 30 for 30's ESPN has ever done. It was kind of dull and boring. Rich kid make some shirts, makes a lot of money, get some attention, school punishes him and rich kid can't play basketball...boo hoo! Now, the promo for the XFL 30 for 30 looks beyond brilliant. What scares me is Dick Ebersol's son is the one who made the XFL 30 for 30 so you know it will have a huge slant and not be completely honest and truthful cause he isn't painting his dad in a bad light, which with that his father was more of the cause of the failure than McMahon. But the promo alone was amazing!!

It was definitely boring and unnecessarily long.

I disliked it. It was incredibly self indulgent and basically made by, for, and about a couple rich preppy kids the type of which these guys are basically arguing about in the previous posts (ie the exact stereotype of ND).

I caught the second half of the documentary last night. The reffing was so horrible on a few of those plays. The lack of replay really made a difference.
I watched it with my 16 year old son. He wanted to know why replay didn't overturn some of those calls. When I told him why, his response was "You didn't have replay". Times have changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom