Class of 2017 - CB Aapri Washington (NC) Committed Buffalo | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 CB Aapri Washington (NC) Committed Buffalo

Which, with hindsight (and obviously we didn't know this would happen at the time but still), makes the notion of not ever contacting RW Sr. even more ludicrous.

Which, with hindsight (and obviously we didn't know this would happen at the time but still), makes the notion of not ever contacting RW Sr. even more ludicrous.
My prediction, based on no inside knowledge at all, is that RW reconciles with his dad and both make an attempt to get back with Syracuse.

My prediction, based on no inside knowledge at all, is that RW reconciles with his dad and both make an attempt to get back with Syracuse.

I wish I could believe that, as well, but I think even if he reconciles with his dad, RW is water under the bridge as far as SU is concerned. You just don't call out the coaches like that in public then expect them to look the other way down the road.

I wish I could believe that, as well, but I think even if he reconciles with his dad, RW is water under the bridge as far as SU is concerned. You just don't call out the coaches like that in public then expect them to look the other way down the road.
Agreed. It would not surprise me at all if RW realizes he made a mistake, but he's burned the bridge, I fear. I don't think the staff would take him at this point.

Agreed. It would not surprise me at all if RW realizes he made a mistake, but he's burned the bridge, I fear. I don't think the staff would take him at this point.

he could always blame it on being misquoted...

I didn't say anything about Syracuse taking him back.

Never say never. Much stranger things have happened in football recruiting.
I won't say never, but from what I've heard, I think the door is closed about 95% of the way by the coaches and I don't see it opening much, if at all, going forward. If we were to flip another RB recruit (and we're pursuing a few for potential flips) then the door gets closed 100% and I'm comfortable saying "never" is appropriate here.

I just don't see how you can come back from throwing a coach under the bus publicly.

I won't say never, but from what I've heard, I think the door is closed about 95% of the way by the coaches and I don't see it opening much, if at all, going forward. If we were to flip another RB recruit (and we're pursuing a few for potential flips) then the door gets closed 100% and I'm comfortable saying "never" is appropriate here.

I just don't see how you can come back from throwing a coach under the bus publicly.

agree.

If we flip the kid from Illinois then I'll never think about RW again.

Never say never. Much stranger things have happened in football recruiting.

Right. Its just about as dumb saying the recruit is solid. Whatever that means. Well know once the contracr is signed.

The coaches are adults and realize the situation. I believe that with an apology they would take RW as he is a good kid who is in a tough situation

How many TDs in those 16 carries? I'm guessing at least 5 of way over 50 yards.