Class of 2015 - CB Daivon Ellison (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 CB Daivon Ellison (NJ) Signed LOI

Bx_Di3aCQAIi_2_.jpg
8:08 AM - 20 Sep 2014
$avage‏@DaiEllison_2 22m
These new jerseys are ( fire emoji) pic.twitter.com/wQ8Dtoiu7R

A cover corner, who probably can catch the ball, rather then have the opponent take it away, and also probably will come up and make tackles. We need all the good secondary players we can get.

A cover corner, who probably can catch the ball, rather then have the opponent take it away, and also probably will come up and make tackles. We need all the good secondary players we can get.

Harsh man ... Reddish was, oh so close ...

... and I agree, we need a quicker & faster secondary, its a big concern on the D in my opinion.

Harsh man ... Reddish was, oh so close ...

... and I agree, we need a quicker & faster secondary, its a big concern on the D in my opinion.
The saying goes, " Close only counts in horseshoes ". Great post, we've had this problem with tackling by secondary people for a while. There is no chance, people like Kevin Abrams, Donovan Darius, or Tebucky Jones, let that Maryland player, take a slant to the house.

ORANGEsPHK said:
Harsh man ... Reddish was, oh so close ... ... and I agree, we need a quicker & faster secondary, its a big concern on the D in my opinion.

Reddish has had a very good year. He's the only DB or safety that didn't get beat Saturday. Unfortunate play on the INT.

the criticism of Reddish on that play is total crap. lets start and end with the fact that he was in perfect position and couldn't have covered the WR any tighter. How many times have you seen NFL corners lose picks? I know I've seen it a lot. Their kid made a GREAT play, our kid was in the position he should have been in - and even looking back at the ball, he almost made a great play. You can't ask for anything more.

And I will say that Darius Kelly has been rock solid all season in coverage and run support. Took a TD away from Maryland on Saturday. This kid was a JUCO steal and will be sorely missed next year.

Reddish and Kelly have been good all year. Eskridge has been poor - Whigham and Morgan have been disappointments, especially Morgan. And unfortunately, there's not a whole lot of depth behind them so they need to figure it out quick.

The saying goes, " Close only counts in horseshoes ". Great post, we've had this problem with tackling by secondary people for a while. There is no chance, people like Kevin Abrams, Donovan Darius, or Tebucky Jones, let that Maryland player, take a slant to the house.

I thought back to the game changing pick 6 he dropped @Cincinatti in 2012. He is a solid cover corner, but would love to see him make a big play when we need one.

FORT PIERCE, Fla. – The play was big. Whether or not it was intentional is a bit of a mystery. Sparked by a pooch kickoff by Leo Vagias that was recovered by Lawrence Stephens in the third quarter, Don Bosco pulled away from Fort Pierce Central, 41-14, on a steamy, rainy night in Central Florida. “Come on, we planned that,” said Ironmen coach Greg Toal with a smile. Vagias called it a little different. “I just wanted to kick it down to the 20, and it worked out,” said Vagias. “I kind of hit it more on the front of my foot, I wanted it near the numbers. I just wanted to hit it with good height on the 20 or 15, no one was around there.” Vagias’ boot landed in a dead zone between Cobra players, then bit like a nine-iron backward toward the onrushing Ironmen. It’s the sort of play Bergen Catholic has used in the past with success. At the time, Bosco led 20-7, but it was still a game as the Cobras kept things interesting with their short passing game. But after Stephens’ recovery at the Cobras 21, Bosco marched quickly into the end zone on three plays, with Malik Bakker scoring on a five-yard run. The rest of the contest was anticlimactic. “That was a huge play,” said Toal. “Larry, that’s just great hustle on his part, really.” The Ironmen were tested by the Cobras and plagued by penalties all night long. Toal said he was disappointed in the penalties, but happy with the way his team played in the second half, as they grinded the Cobras into submission. “That was a good opportunity for us,” said Toal. “They kept it close that first half and made us work. I thought they did a good job. I thought their team played hard. “I thought we played OK. I didn’t think we played great. I thought the second half we were better.” The other big concern for the Ironmen was a slew of injuries. None look very serious, but time will tell. Senior quarterback Wesley McKoy missed a play after taking a hard sack. He said it was a stinger, but was OK. Senior defensive back Daivon Ellison missed the second half after sustaining a right knee injury. He had an ice bag wrapped around his knee. Bakker also missed most of the second half with a leg injury, but was jogging on the sidelines as the game wound down. “We will see, we will go back and see, thank God we have a week off and we can heal up and go from there,” said Toal. The Ironmen, the No. 1 team in the nation according to MaxPreps, drew a big crowd to Lawnwood Stadium, and jumped out to a quick 14-0 lead as McKoy hit Kyle Kleinberg on a two-yard TD pass in the flat. After Anthony Malaguti forced a fumble recovered by Stephens, Bakker scored on a three-yard run six minutes into the game. But a blowout never really materialized. The Cobras responded with a 17-play, 80-yard touchdown drive that consumed much of the second quarter. They also hit a big play just before halftime, but missed a field goal. Whenever the Ironmen travel, it’s always hard to get a read on a team from out-of-state, but it was a bit surprising to see the Ironmen only up 17-7 at halftime. “We expected it not to be easy, we expected them to come out and keep fighting on their home field, they did a good job,” said McKoy. “Our offensive line did a great job, a great job.” “We were opportunistic [on offense], no question about that; we made some plays and that’s what good teams do, and hopefully continue to get better,” said Toal. “That was a good football team. They have some good players, there is no doubt. They played hard.” The Ironmen return to New Jersey this morning – where they still have yet to play a game. In two weeks they play Big North United rival Paramus Catholic in a rematch from last year’s Non-Public Group 4 semifinal won by the Paladins on a late missed field goal. “Any time we play a rival, there is something extra,” said Toal. “We took care of our road games and now we have to take care of our state games.” - See more at: http://www.northjersey.com/sports/c...mps-in-florida-1.1097422#sthash.4ZVhW4Gt.dpuf

FORT PIERCE, Fla. – The play was big. Whether or not it was intentional is a bit of a mystery. Sparked by a pooch kickoff by Leo Vagias that was recovered by Lawrence Stephens in the third quarter, Don Bosco pulled away from Fort Pierce Central, 41-14, on a steamy, rainy night in Central Florida.

That stinks. I was down there two years ago teaching in that district at a primary school just a couple of miles away. I would have loved to be at this game. Central has been a pretty decent squad over the years. It makes me assume that we are getting a huge steal with this one. First they beat Aquinas,who is a powerhouse, and now another FL team. I am thinking that losing Ellison would be a bigger loss than losing Kelly.