Class of 2015 CB Daivon Ellison (NJ) Signed LOI

$avage‏@DaiEllison_2 10h10 hours ago
Official Visit to Syracuse January 23-25
2757.png
& I turn 18 the 19th
1f606.png
1f34a.png
1f4aa.png

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/e...co-paramus-catholic-recruiting-feud-1.1106352

The content of a text sent exclusively from former Don Bosco and Paramus Catholic football star Jabrill Peppers to The Record's local sports columnist Darren Cooper on Thursday afternoon.

Im just texting you to clear the air about all this foolishness I'm reading surrounding Coach Partridge. For one, when it comes to recruiting, you guys have it all wrong.

There is no better and bigger recruiter than coach Toal and his staff. Period. You guys want the real story, here it is:

8th grade year, when I was playing Pop Warner, coach Toal and his staff back then would call me and my mom repeatedly, show up at my Pop Warner games, take my Mom out to dinner and other things that I will not mention.

When I finally enrolled, I was then living in East Orange where a lot of the other guys he recruited lived. He had a coach pick us up and drop us off every day for school and practice.

When it got deeper into the season and school year the way he described [Bosco] would be was completely false and it was actually the complete opposite. I wanted to transfer immediately, but was talked out of it by teammates who told me, just ride out this year and next year for the season, and if you still feel the same way, you can do what you feel is best. So that's what I did.

My transferring process was a complete disaster, there were threats made to me, notes left in my locker by students, the coaching staff telling me that I'll miss a whole year of eligibility, telling me any school I go to they would take them down, spreading a bad reputation abut me saying I'm uncoachable, a bad kid and a whole bunch of other comments. This scared away a lot of teams that I was looking into. I left because I was unhappy, wasn't comfortable and it wasn't how he said it was going to be. It was the worst one-and-a-half years of my life. Football shouldn't be the only reason you attend a school and that's how I felt when I was there.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/e...co-paramus-catholic-recruiting-feud-1.1106352

The content of a text sent exclusively from former Don Bosco and Paramus Catholic football star Jabrill Peppers to The Record's local sports columnist Darren Cooper on Thursday afternoon.

Im just texting you to clear the air about all this foolishness I'm reading surrounding Coach Partridge. For one, when it comes to recruiting, you guys have it all wrong.

There is no better and bigger recruiter than coach Toal and his staff. Period. You guys want the real story, here it is:

8th grade year, when I was playing Pop Warner, coach Toal and his staff back then would call me and my mom repeatedly, show up at my Pop Warner games, take my Mom out to dinner and other things that I will not mention.

When I finally enrolled, I was then living in East Orange where a lot of the other guys he recruited lived. He had a coach pick us up and drop us off every day for school and practice.

When it got deeper into the season and school year the way he described [Bosco] would be was completely false and it was actually the complete opposite. I wanted to transfer immediately, but was talked out of it by teammates who told me, just ride out this year and next year for the season, and if you still feel the same way, you can do what you feel is best. So that's what I did.

My transferring process was a complete disaster, there were threats made to me, notes left in my locker by students, the coaching staff telling me that I'll miss a whole year of eligibility, telling me any school I go to they would take them down, spreading a bad reputation abut me saying I'm uncoachable, a bad kid and a whole bunch of other comments. This scared away a lot of teams that I was looking into. I left because I was unhappy, wasn't comfortable and it wasn't how he said it was going to be. It was the worst one-and-a-half years of my life. Football shouldn't be the only reason you attend a school and that's how I felt when I was there.

Perhaps we shouldn't pick and choose what is posted out of that story...

“I know what took place, if we are going to buy what they’re selling we would be stupid,” said Toal. “They suddenly have 30-40 transfers. It’s a joke. When [former Bergen Catholic coach] Fred Stengel and [former St. Joseph Regional coach] Tony Karcich were here, we weren’t stealing other people’s players.” Toal isn’t the first one to call Paramus Catholic’s football program into question. St. Peter’s Prep coach Rich Hansen recently called the Paladins program “dirty.” The association that regulates NJ high school athletics held a hearing last month on the eligibility of junior defensive tackle Rashan Gary, who transferred to PC from Scotch Plains-Fanwood. Paramus Catholic was absolved of any wrongdoing. - See more at: http://www.northjersey.com/sports/e...ecruiting-feud-1.1106352#sthash.YLPKNqDM.dpuf

I know for a fact that CBA does this as a former CBA player who is now a superintendent of a school district told me first hand that he was approached by CBA to pay for the kids education there. Sponsor a player is what they call it.

He said no way because it wouldn't look right if he did if his school board caught wind of it.

I know for a fact that CBA does this as a former CBA player who is now a superintendent of a school district told me first hand that he was approached by CBA to pay for the kids education there. Sponsor a player is what they call it.

He said no way because it wouldn't look right if he did if his school board caught wind of it.

When I was younger playing Jr. Hockey I attended CNS (no hockey at time) coaches knew this. CBA Coaches wanted me to play there, put a fairly big press on me and my family. Wouldn't have costed a dime, would have been a sponsor they called it. Jr Hockey was better so I didn't go, but it most def. happens.

Happens everywhere now in private schools. Many schools have tuition assistance or other things.

In on all the baseball happenings and I know for a fact there are schools that can recruit kids who won't have to pay a dime b/c it will be written off as a baseball expense.

As high school sports grows, this will become the norm with private schools.

I
Happens everywhere now in private schools. Many schools have tuition assistance or other things.

In on all the baseball happenings and I know for a fact there are schools that can recruit kids who won't have to pay a dime b/c it will be written off as a baseball expense.

As high school sports grows, this will become the norm with private schools.
I am fully aware of this,but I know people who refuse to believe this here in central ny.

http://www.dailyorange.com/2014/10/...-add-versatility-depth-to-syracuse-secondary/

Verbal commit Ellison looks to add versatility, depth to Syracuse secondary
By Sam BlumAsst. Copy Editor
7 hours ago

At their request, this network is being blocked from this site., ESPN, Rivals and Hudl all list Daivon Ellison as a cornerback.
But the Don Bosco Preparatory (New Jersey) High School senior doesn’t define himself as the recruiting websites do.
The reason Syracuse recruited him, he says, is because he can basically play any position.
“I’m not just a corner,” he said.
And it’s Ellison’s ability to play safety and corner that can only help a Syracuse secondary that has struggled with its depth in the last couple of seasons. He is the most recent commit to SU’s Class of 2015 after verbally committing on Aug. 25 and will have a lot of competition to see the field right away.
Also part of the class are cornerbacks Gerald Robinson and Andrew Spence, along with three more safeties — and Ellison’s versatility could give him an edge as the Orange secondary continues to evolve.
“He really is flying around everywhere on the field, all different types of positions,” DBP defensive tackle Kevin Feder said. “He’s a huge game-changer having him in the game. It helps out every which way.”
Injuries — along with freshman safety Naesean Howard leaving the team earlier this season — have struck the Syracuse secondary multiple times in the past two years. This season, third cornerback Wayne Morgan has battled a lower-body injury and it was announced by SU Athletics on Monday that freshman safety Rodney Williams will miss the rest of the season with a lower-body injury.
Last year, safety Durell Eskridge and cornerback Julian Whigham both had season-ending injuries. And with Eskridge eligible for the NFL draft at the end of the season and Brandon Reddish graduating, there will be opportunities for the current crop of freshmen and the incoming defensive backs to contribute.
“But the key thing is that can they line up and play our base package?” said SU defensive backs coach Fred Reed during training camp of how he develops young players. “If they can line up and play our base package, then we got a chance to get them out there and be able to perform.
“We try and teach them our base system and not put too much on their plates. That’s how we approach it.”
Ellison started out as an outside linebacker his freshman year, before eventually transitioning to cornerback his sophomore year. As a junior, he split time at both, but has focused the majority of his time at cornerback his senior year at Don Bosco.
He also moonlights as a wide receiver and running back, playing 5–10 plays per game on offense and also contributing as the team’s top kick returner on special teams.
Ellison is always the guy talking with coaches so that he could have both the offensive and defensive playbook memorized.
“During the offseason he just trains to get his stamina up, because he’s going to be on the field most of the time,” said Wes McKoy, Don Bosco’s quarterback.
Ellison said there are pros and cons to playing both cornerback and safety. As a corner, he said he loves being on that island and shutting down a wideout one-on-one. But he also resents the fact that he can’t be a game-changer at cornerback if the opposing team runs plays away from him.
At safety, he feels like the leader of the defense. He likes being in the middle of the field, coming up on the runs and shutting down the deep passes.
At Syracuse, he could zero in on one or play either position — a luxury the Orange can only benefit from.
Said Ellison: “As of right now, I’m roaming around the defensive backs.”

FREE ARTICLE (Blurb)

Allen Trieu‏@AllenTrieu 39m39 minutes ago
ROUNDTABLE: Scowt's national analysts discuss who the top player in their regions are who are under 5'9: http://recruiting.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./story/1473923

CB Daivon Ellison, Ramsey (N.J.) Don Bosco Prep
The Syracuse commit is a dynamic player, who is able to dominate in games despite being 5-foot-8. He is physical, his change of direction is very good and his ability to track the ball is an asset. He also comes up in run support and can make a big hit, and he also possesses the one needed measure to succeed at his position despite his size ...heart.

FREE ARTICLE (Blurb)

Allen Trieu‏@AllenTrieu 39m39 minutes ago
ROUNDTABLE: Scowt's national analysts discuss who the top player in their regions are who are under 5'9: http://recruiting.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./story/1473923

CB Daivon Ellison, Ramsey (N.J.) Don Bosco Prep
The Syracuse commit is a dynamic player, who is able to dominate in games despite being 5-foot-8. He is physical, his change of direction is very good and his ability to track the ball is an asset. He also comes up in run support and can make a big hit, and he also possesses the one needed measure to succeed at his position despite his size ...heart.
As long as Ellison can be an impact player for our secondary ,I don't give a s# what slot he plays or what they call him. He apparently has the speed and quick feet to stay with elite WRs. Thats all that anyone should care about.

I don't know which I like more; him as an athlete, or a possible inroad into Don Bosco.
There seems to be a bulding/growing consensus that Mr Ellison is a top end player in the secondary regardless of his height. I'm going in that direction for the kid until he proves otherwise. He wouldn't be the first or last to do that.

I went to their game against Bergen Catholic last weekend (my alma mater.) I was really excited to see him play but he was hurt and didnt suit up.

Still have yet to see him play in person this year, but I have heard he's a really good hard nosed player.

Hearing iffy rumors about DBP. Supposedly a fight of some sort happened. I'm hearing players are quitting/getting kicked off the team. Even heard something about a Syracuse scholly being pulled. He's the only one on that team with a Syracuse scholly so I can assume it is about Ellison.

Just rumors though. Could just be some fans of other programs around here starting sh** for no reason other than to pile on their recent struggles. So take it with a grain of salt.

He would have had to do something criminal to get his offer pulled. Even then, Broyld got into big trouble his Sr. year and didn't have his offer pulled.

Hearing iffy rumors about DBP. Supposedly a fight of some sort happened. I'm hearing players are quitting/getting kicked off the team. Even heard something about a Syracuse scholly being pulled. He's the only one on that team with a Syracuse scholly so I can assume it is about Ellison.

Just rumors though. Could just be some fans of other programs around here starting sh** for no reason other than to pile on their recent struggles. So take it with a grain of salt.
How do you know he's the only one with an offer? There are zillions of offers that go out that we never hear of.

Interesting. Too bad if it is true. I was starting think Ellison could end up being one of the best commits in this current class. He allegedly did have some "character" issues that made other schools pull their offer, or completely stay away from. Hopefully that isn't the case here I really like his game.

How do you know he's the only one with an offer? There are zillions of offers that go out that we never hear of.

True. I guess I was just thinking of commitment.