Class of 2015 - CB Daivon Ellison (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 CB Daivon Ellison (NJ) Signed LOI

PhatOrange said:
Toad still hasn't put up a commitment article yet.

I think he posts them in High School news, while when Rutgers gets the commit, it's Rutgers front page news. Kind of sneaky way to bury bad news, but it's Toad.

I think he posts them in High School news, while when Rutgers gets the commit, it's Rutgers front page news. Kind of sneaky way to bury bad news, but it's Toad.

eh, his readership are rutgers fans. i wouldnt hate on the guy for that or call it sneaky.

eh, his readership are rutgers fans. i wouldnt hate on the guy for that or call it sneaky.

Our local paper follows up on recruits they've had articles on even if they don't choose us. I don't love syracuse.com all the time - but that is better journalism. And if you combine that small infraction with Toad's homerism otherwise, it tells the story.

Our local paper follows up on recruits they've had articles on even if they don't choose us. I don't love syracuse.com all the time - but that is better journalism. And if you combine that small infraction with Toad's homerism otherwise, it tells the story.

not a good comparison. we hardly have any d1 kids out of cuse for football. i cant even remember the last one. and you are comparing a small city to a state.

not a good comparison. we hardly have any d1 kids out of cuse for football. i cant even remember the last one. and you are comparing a small city to a state.

I wouldn't say hardly any, obviously not as many as the State of NJ.

Mike Hart, Onondaga (Michigan, NFL)
Nas Howard, West Genny (Syracuse)
Damien Rhodes, F-M (Syracuse)
Tyler Rouse, Baldwinsville (BC)
Nick Robinson, Baldwinsville (Syracuse)
Latavius Murray, Onondaga (UCF)
Greg Paulus, CBA Gatorade Player of the Year (CUSE)
Other Paulus, CBA, (UNC)
Marcus Sales, CBA (CUSE)
Bruce Williams, CBA (CUSE)

There are more not coming to mind..

Lavar Lobdell.

Other Paulus, CBA, (UNC)
Marcus Sales, CBA (CUSE)

i would consider that hardly any, but i think you get my point.

Greg Paulus really went to Duke. We rented him for 4 months.

i would consider that hardly any, but i think you get my point.

I can see that it could be considered hardly any but you said you couldn't even remember one.. eliciting the point that there were none, which is obviously not the case.

I can see that it could be considered hardly any but you said you couldn't even remember one.. eliciting the point that there were none, which is obviously not the case.

My point was about todd not writing a front page story about ellison commitment v coverage a recruit in syracuse might get. Im not engaging you in an argument splitting hairs over whether syracuse produces hardly any recruits or few.

My point was about todd not writing a front page story about ellison commitment v coverage a recruit in syracuse might get. Im not engaging you in an argument splitting hairs over whether syracuse produces hardly any recruits or few.

Neither am I, just pointing out that there have been prospects that the other poster could have read about on syracuse.com. That is all.

Other Paulus, CBA, (UNC)
Marcus Sales, CBA (CUSE)

Some others...

Billy Owens, CBA (Pitt)
Damien Mallory, Henninger (SU)
Tony Huddleston, Henninger (SU)
Marquise Walker, Henninger (Michigan)
Doug Fulmer, Henninger (Pitt)
Chris Ingram, Fowler (Syracuse)
Dorsey Levens, Nottingham (ND, GT)
Irvan Brown, Central Square (Pitt)
Dion Alexander, Corcoran (Pitt)
Jo-Lonn Dunbar, Corcoran (BC)
Tyvon Branch, CNS (UConn)
Damien Rhodes, FM (Syracuse)
Scott Schwedes, JD (Syracuse)
George Scott, Baldwinsville (Syracuse)
Jeff Stehle, Central Square (Wisconsin)
Chris Gedney, Liverpool (Syracuse)
Tim Green, Liverpool (Syracuse)
Pete Holohan, Liverpool (Notre Dame)
Hank Flournory, Liverpool (Syracuse)
Bill Pendock, Liverpool (Syracuse)
Paul Tripoli, Liverpool (Alabama)
JJ Grant, Liverpool (Michigan)

jgeorge322 said:

It's beside the point. Our local paper writes on many, many of the kids we are in the running for and miss out on. It's follow up. If the kid happened to be local - we'd have video and first person reporting whether we got him or not.

Toad hides Rutgers missing out by placing the article in his HS section.

What about Eric Piekielniak who went to SU out of the powerhouse New York Mills program?

mark jones ....CBA to Tenny

Tony Jones ...Henninger to B.C.

Jerome Hall Henninger to syracuse

Trent Patterson...Henninger to Alabama

Willie Mitchel Henninger to Alabama started as a true freshman

Ray Seals Henninger to NFL

Adonis Kinsey J.D. TO S.U.

APW kid to S.U. O-lineman

Lou Pelton Auburn to Syracuse plus a couple more Auburn kids

also had the Mitchell kid Corcoran to PSU

John Dominick Rome free to Syracuse plus another that went to Tenny.

Last edited:

except he claims his job tittle is northeastern recruiting expert writer or something very close to it.

mark jones ...CBA to Tenny

Tony Jones ...Henninger to B.C.

Trent Patterson...Henninger to Alabama

Willie Mitchel Henninger to Alabama started as a true freshman

Ray Seals Henninger to NFL

Adonis Kinsey J.D. TO S.U.

APW kid to S.U. O-lineman

Lou Pelton Auburn to Syracuse plus a couple more Auburn kids

Some from Auburn:

Dan Collier, Nick Lepak, Brian Hooper, Leonard Hamilton (SU)
Buddy Hardeman (Iowa St / Redskins)
Jerome Brud Holland (Cornell)

Last edited:

Tommy Myslinski. Had his mother for english and typing. Meeting him made me realize that I would never play football at a high level. He was the strength and conditioning coach for the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Last edited:
C Bomb said:
Tommy Myslinski. Had his mother for english and typing. Meeting him made me realize that I would never play football at a high level. He was the strength and conditioning coach for the Jacksonville Jaguars.

You go to Rome Catholic?

RFA had the 2 kids late 90's that went to Rutgers. Tony Berry started at CB for them for a few years. Tailend of Terry Shea.

I didn't see Damien Mallory's name. Mid 90's Henninger dlineman was a Parade All American. Grades and home influences derailed his career early at Cuse.

His recruitment was a huge win for coach P though I'm not sure Mallory made it a full year.

I didn't see Damien Mallory's name. Mid 90's Henninger dlineman was a Parade All American. Grades and home influences derailed his career early at Cuse.

His recruitment was a huge win for coach P though I'm not sure Mallory made it a full year.

As I recall, he was a major league recruit, in terms of his offer list. Not sure that he even lasted at SU for the full year, either.

Couple more from RFA, Calvin Griggs went to Washington State, Chris Destito went to Army, Mark Aiken to BC, and Jim Carinci to UConn.

He's in Tomcats list and the kid had personal problems that I won't get into on this board