Class of 2015 - CB Daivon Ellison (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 CB Daivon Ellison (NJ) Signed LOI

@DaiEllison_2: Whatever college I end up going to, it's gonna be the best decision for my family & I

Something is definatley up, maybe it's Penn State talking him up or us kind of slowing things down with him either way he's not 100% where he wants to go and can't blame him for waiting it out.

Man, everything other than committing today still points to Cuse. If you check his twitter he just favorited all Cuse stuff including a pic of our new jerseys, plus he's interacting with our fans almost exclusively. Hopefully when its all said and done this is just him making sure he wants to wear orange for the next 4 or 5 years. Good luck to him wherever he goes.

Whitey23 said:
@DaiEllison_2: Whatever college I end up going to, it's gonna be the best decision for my family & I

If he didn't commit to Cuse by now, he may be having second thoughts. If he does, I'm cool with that. The staff knows what to do. I'm sure they have a backup plan in place.

And these things are why we're still recruiting and offering DBs and why I didn't count him in my DB list in the Stocker thread.

Would still like the Cuse to grab another quality NJ athlete...especially from Don Bosco Prep.

Any chance he doesn't currently have a commit able offer? A few people on here have noted that we are still in the mix with some better prospects, maybe he is a plan B for us? Is it worth the staff taking him to make inroads to Don Bosco over a guy they have rated a little higher on their board?

I live and work in Bergen county, and about 3 years ago the idea of getting a kid from bosco was laughable... It's good to see we have made some headway here

I'd like to get a kid from Bosco as well and this is probably all much ado about nothing but will see.

Did the kid ever really say he was going to commit yesterday or was that an urban legend that grew from speculation?

Last edited:
He said a while ago he wanted to commit on his mom's bday, which was yesterday.

This is very strange. The staff must really trust him, and his family if they are holding his spot. He may be telling them 1 thing, but personally I would want my recruits to be public about their commitment as well. Going to be interesting to see what happens here, and how long we hold out on waiting for him to make it public.

This is very strange. The staff must really trust him, and his family if they are holding his spot. He may be telling them 1 thing, but personally I would want my recruits to be public about their commitment as well. Going to be interesting to see what happens here, and how long we hold out on waiting for him to make it public.
I just don't see it as a big deal at all. With so many high quality commits already, the staff is working from a position of strength here. I'm sure that they're not all that worried about finding another high quality CB for the class if Mr Ellison were to decide to go elsewhere, so they can wait as long as it takes for him to make it public. Take your time young man - enjoy the process!

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm always skeptical of silent commitments.

Think about dating in highschool. If your girlfriend/boyfriend was a secret... you didn't have a girlfriend/boyfriend.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/canadian-girlfriend-unsubstantiated,1484/

I just don't see it as a big deal at all. With so many high quality commits already, the staff is working from a position of strength here. I'm sure the they're not all that worried about finding another high quality CB for the class if Mr Ellison were to decide to go elsewhere, so they can wait as long as it takes for him to make it public. Take your time young man - enjoy the process!

agreed...

The Onion rocks. The article about the letter D boycotting Sesame Street because they introduced a gay muppet character(Hank) was pure genius.

Bobby Acosta‏@Cuse1010 46m
Big Day Today. Win the Day

Maybe?
@DaiEllison_2 · 43s
I'll be committing tonight at 8...
1f649.png
1f440.png

Just to get it out the way..."I don't have a good feeling about this. My gut says he's not going to be orange".

:p