Class of 2016 - CB Damar Hamlin (PA) Verbal to Pitt | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 CB Damar Hamlin (PA) Verbal to Pitt

I think Colon is already in the "seriously considering" camp. I honestly think that if we get Moe, Colon comes too. That's why Moe is the lynchpin right now.
You Are right Colon might come regardless. but if we land Neal it all but guarantees us Colon ((and Brown) then that gives guys like Mayden, Haskin, Frees and Johnson even more reason to consider us, which leads to one or two of those guys, which leads to more consideration from that group (and other elite players)

Cmon Moe punch your ticket to #RestoretheLegacy.

You Are right Colon might come regardless. but if we land Neal it all but guarantees us Colon ((and Brown) then that gives guys like Mayden, Haskin, Frees and Johnson even more reason to consider us, which leads to one or two of those guys, which leads to more consideration from that group (and other elite players)

Cmon Moe punch your ticket to #RestoretheLegacy.
Oh I agree.

If I had to put odds on it, right now I'd say...

Brown 85% chance we get him
Neal 75% chance we get him

Those two put so many other guys in play for us.

I don't think we have a shot in hell, but just something to note:

● Damar Hamlin, a 6-1, 175-pound cornerback from Pittsburgh picking between Pitt, Ohio State, Penn State and ND: "The loosest hips and the best feet of any cornerback I've ever seen," one longtime defensive coach in a Power 5 conference said. "He's 6-1. He's long. He's physical and he's fast. He'll be a first-round corner."

How does Pitt do it? Doesn't seem to matter who the coach is.

PA has quite a few good player in their state. Plus they win a few games. lol

no details but wide receiver Juwann Winfree decommitted from them today for some reason. former 4 star jersey WR. started at MD and is at Coffeyville right now.

no details but wide receiver Juwann Winfree decommitted from them today for some reason. former 4 star jersey WR. started at MD and is at Coffeyville right now.
Fans seem to think the coaches had issues with him visiting Colorado after being warned after visiting Memphis. Obviously, that goes both ways if he's still looking around.

Anywhere from 3 to 5 4-star commits depending on the site. Nuts.

Anywhere from 3 to 5 4-star commits depending on the site. Nuts.
and that is what we need to land every year if we want to be serious about winning consistently again and getting top 40 classes

maybe they are just better at hiring better coaches with bigger budgets. But it appears now SU is knowing how to play the game going forward

orangenauburn said:
and that is what we need to land every year if we want to be serious about winning consistently again and getting top 40 classes

Of course.

Yes its amazing what Pitt PULLS off in recruiting, Have been to games at Heinz, It's a great town, one of my favorites but its simply a case of them having way more talent around them in a 3 hr radius, The school, the academics, the facilities have nothing on the Cuse, In fact, their game day atmosphere is fair at best. Playing off campus in a pro stadium lacks juice and that college feel. We draw better and the dome is a better college venue by far! Again, its that Western PA and Ohio talent nearby, that's it.

Pitt is killin it. they are definitely riding the momentum of a solid season. recruits are believing in them right now. This have to be us next year.

In addition to their excellent local talent, they avoided a Grobian disaster. Their knack for hiring solid coaches over the past 10-15 years has helped greatly.

As much as people complained about Wannstache he did very well rebuilding their talent level while underachieving.

Michigan State vs Oregon

Pitt vs Syracuse

Great D, Traditional O vs Crazy O, decent D

Just need our talent to catch up ;)

They're going to need those players, or Dino will eat their lunch with lesser talent.

Narduzzi was a tremendous hire for that program. I could see them winning the Coastal very soon.

And yet Pitt needed a trick play and last-second FG to beat us last year.
They also had some huge injuries. Arguably bigger ones than we did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom