Class of 2015 - CB Davante Davis (FL) Verbal to Texas | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 CB Davante Davis (FL) Verbal to Texas

CuseLegacy

Davante Davis ‏@SaluteMe_103 1h
Syracuse offered
1f34a.png
#CuseNation

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/3497759/highlights/112828376

Welcome Davante! Looking forward to seeing you in ORANGE!

6-2 (Scowt) to 6-3 (Hudl), 180LB Cornerback out of Florida always good news. Highlight tape was a little thin on pass breakups, mostly interceptions and tackles but he did look all of his listed size compared to some of those receivers and teammates. Did make some good open field tackles and shed blockers in the bubble screen and run game good news against several future opponents. If he can continue to add muscle weight and work on tight coverage and batting down passes he could be a real talent.

like that size 6'2" 180

@Stephen_Bailey1
FWIW: Davis was just given two stars by Scout.

Rivals gave him the meaningless 2 star rating, not Scout.

When Cuselegacy listed that he committed, I immediately went to Rivals. He was an NR with only an offer from FAU on his profile. 10 minutes later he is now a 2 star. I'm sure a lot of analysis went into that ranking.

Fredericks also just went from NR to 2 stars - again sure a lot of analysis drove that ranking.

Rivals gave him the meaningless 2 star rating, not Scout.

When Cuselegacy listed that he committed, I immediately went to Rivals. He was an NR with only an offer from FAU on his profile. 10 minutes later he is now a 2 star. I'm sure a lot of analysis went into that ranking.

Fredericks also just went from NR to 2 stars - again sure a lot of analysis drove that ranking.
I guess BCS commits get automatic 2 stars.

I believe he transfered to Booker T Washington after the season. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he blows up.

Always worried about a guy that commits without visiting. Even more worried that he's planning his visit for after the season. If he has a huge season at Booker T, he'll have offers from the whole SEC.

6'2 180 pounds, runs well, does a great job for a young DB fighting off blocks from bigger players.

Transfer from Homestead, where he had 2 picks over Sean White in a nationally televised game last year. Booker T Washington HS is a great program, arguably one of the top 10 in the country. He will be ready to play early.

Good story on him here (he was hoping for an offer from Miami that did not happen).

Really love his athletic ability and nose for the ball. This was a great get.

Last edited:
I like the tape. Thought he displayed pretty good tendencies in coverage and is a dominating physical specimen, especially if he remains at corner. Good get MFMcD!

Like the way he breaks on the ball, although i could see him as a safety here

Big pick-up and great player. For the star watchers, according to one of the major sites he is projected as a 4-star sleeper and ranked in the top 100 players in Florida for the 2014-2016 classes combined. Yep, you read that right.

George McDonald is a beast!!!!!

Big pick-up and great player. For the star watchers, according to one of the major sites he is projected as a 4-star sleeper and ranked in the top 100 players in Florida for the 2014-2016 classes combined. Yep, you read that right.

It's good to have area coaches that trust you, and give you a heads up about guys who may not be on the radar yet.

We really, really, really need to hang onto McDonald for 3-4 years, to replenish the talent base. Agreed--this guy is a freaking beast on the recruiting trail!

All of those "kool kid" negative posts directed his way are going to look foolish in the near future.

Always worried about a guy that commits without visiting. Even more worried that he's planning his visit for after the season. If he has a huge season at Booker T, he'll have offers from the whole SEC.

Agree completely and I guess it's a good thing to have guys committed to us be in high demand by top tier programs. This scares the hell out of me too but so far Shafer and staff (McDonald especially) have done a great job with hanging onto some of these guys who commit without visiting (Hodge, Eduard, etc) due to the great foundation set up by them and their strong relationships to coaches/area.

This looks to be a very promising prospect. Probably will end up at safety with his size. Very lanky, with plenty of room to still fill out. Physically looks a bit like Eskridge. However this kids cover skills seem to be much more advanced at his stage of development.

This looks to be a very promising prospect. Probably will end up at safety with his size. Very lanky, with plenty of room to still fill out. Physically looks a bit like Eskridge. However this kids cover skills seem to be much more advanced at his stage of development.
My only concern with the FLA kids, hopefully the big three dont offer. Is booker t the high school coach and Mcdonald are best friends?