Class of 2015 - CB D'won Walker (NJ) Verbal to RU Walk-on | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 CB D'won Walker (NJ) Verbal to RU Walk-on

supp said:
We'll see going forward. That's why I said it would have been nice to have Acosta working on the top rising seniors for a year already rather than just a couple of months. Instead we had Moore working on his personal issues on our time. Acosta is already ahead in the game. Heck, Moore couldn't even grab the second-tier kids. He was a failure, plain and simple.

Only if you exclude his actual coaching. Looks like a recruiting bust - but by all accounts, he was a pretty good WR coach.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...dwon-walker-scores-first-bcs-offer-from-pitt/

By Todderick Hunt/NJ.com
on May 01, 2014 3:31 p.m.

Football: Around the State

D'won Walker, a St. Peter’s Prep (Jersey city, N.J.) defensive back, recently received his first BCS offer from the Pitt Panthers, he confirmed with NJ.com Wednesday. The 6-0, 185-pound junior plays in a defensive secondary that boasts Minkah Fitzpatrick, the No. 1 recruit in the NJ.com Top 50, as well as other potential FBS level recruits Ahmad Thomas and Corey Caddle.
Walker is the second player from the group to break out and he is astounded to have the opportunity to play football at its highest level, and at a school he has always had a high opinion of.
“It makes me feel good, especially because Pitt was my No. 2 school behind North Carolina. And they offered me first, which is a good sign,” he said.
Walker has long had an affinity for the Panthers program, dating back to when he was a young child.
“I’ve always loved Pitt,” he said. “I’ve always gotten mail from them. And it’s crazy because I spoke to (St. Peter’s) coach (Rich) Hansen, and I was telling him which schools I really like. And I said, ‘Pittsburgh.’ And he said, ‘Oh, you like Pitt.’ And come to find out two weeks later, they offer me, which is crazy.”
Walker has a couple visits planned over the next couple months, and hopes to make his decision mid-summer.
“I’m gonna visit Syracuse (May 12) one more time and then Pitt around June (June 14) and then July I’m gonna make a decision which school I’m gonna go to,” he said.
The Syracuse Orange are coming on strong after impressing Walker and one of his highly-recruited high school teammates while on a recent visit.
“Syracuse, I visited them with my teammate (junior defensive tackle) Dave Tolentino,” said Walker. “I liked it up there. The coaches, they seem very good. They were down to earth and everything.”
Walker has also visited Rutgers, and left impressed with the atmosphere. But that's not the only thing connecting him to his in-state university.
“I visited Rutgers two months ago,” he said. “It was a good atmosphere, and is a good school.
“My cousin Isaac Holmes just graduated from there,” said Walker. “He played defensive tackle. We are related on my mother’s side. My mother and his father are cousins.”

DdoubleU‏@D_Wa1ker 9h
Coach Acosta All Ways Checking Up On Me Great Guy And Can Tell He Loves What He's Doing

A tweet from yesterday

DdoubleU‏@D_Wa1ker 25m
Syracuse Next Week And Temple The End Of The Month

This was from May 10 but he never visited.

DdoubleU‏@D_Wa1ker 7m
Back Down To Syracuse Sunday
1f34a.png
1f34a.png
1f34a.png

I really wish that the staff would offer him.

Varsity Aces‏@VarsityAces 1h
Football...Don Bosco ranked 21st in the Maxpreps HS national Pre-Season football poll. St. Peters Prep is 23rd.

DdoubleU‏@D_Wa1ker 7m
Back Down To Syracuse Sunday
1f34a.png
1f34a.png
1f34a.png

I really wish that the staff would offer him.

Me too, looks like a good player to me, and I always root for these kids who love SU that much. I bet he commits on the spot if we offer him

I feel bad for Walker. He really wanted Cuse, but there just wasn't enough spots.

I feel bad for Walker. He really wanted Cuse, but there just wasn't enough spots.

Really? Damn ... are we really in that position already?

Really? Damn ... are we really in that position already?

For the position. With Dawson enrolling in January, then Spence, Robinson, and Ellison, that's already 4 cb's. I could see Dawson eventually at safety, but I think we may be done at corner, or hold out for a can't say no type of cb.

For the position. With Dawson enrolling in January, then Spence, Robinson, and Ellison, that's already 4 cb's. I could see Dawson eventually at safety, but I think we may be done at corner, or hold out for a can't say no type of cb.

I remember the numbers ... it just strikes me because it is so damn early to be in this position ... for the first time in a long time knowing that before July we are in a position like this is too good to describe.

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...ball-dwon-walker-gaining-recruiting-interest/

“I’ve been hearing from some schools lately, who are showing me more interest,” Walker said on Wednesday. “I have offers right now from Pitt and Syracuse, but other schools have been telling me that they just want to see the first two games of the season before they give me an offer.”

Those schools include Rutgers, UConn, Boston College, UMass and Temple. Walker said that Ohio State and Miami have also been showing increased interest as of late.
As for schools that stand out, Walker said three programs have emerged as his early leaders.
“Right now, I’d say my favorite is probably Syracuse,” he said. “I went to visit the campus earlier this year and I liked it a lot. I got along with the coaches and the campus was pretty cool. It’s about four hours away from my house, so it’s pretty close to here.

“Rutgers is definitely up there for me as well. I’m really hoping they offer. UConn is another school that is after me. I’d say those are my top three schools.”

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...ball-dwon-walker-gaining-recruiting-interest/

“I’ve been hearing from some schools lately, who are showing me more interest,” Walker said on Wednesday. “I have offers right now from Pitt and Syracuse, but other schools have been telling me that they just want to see the first two games of the season before they give me an offer.”

Those schools include Rutgers, UConn, Boston College, UMass and Temple. Walker said that Ohio State and Miami have also been showing increased interest as of late.
As for schools that stand out, Walker said three programs have emerged as his early leaders.
“Right now, I’d say my favorite is probably Syracuse,” he said. “I went to visit the campus earlier this year and I liked it a lot. I got along with the coaches and the campus was pretty cool. It’s about four hours away from my house, so it’s pretty close to here.

“Rutgers is definitely up there for me as well. I’m really hoping they offer. UConn is another school that is after me. I’d say those are my top three schools.”

So, are we still pursuing this guy or not?

Seems like a nice kid and a kid who would love to play for us. Unfortunately the affection has not been reciprocated we aren't interested

I should rephrase. He was given a noncommittable offer if anything, I would say he is a backup to a backup plan. Just feel bad for a kid like this who is dying to play for us but probably won't