Class of 2015 - CB Gerald Robinson (FL) Verbal to FAU | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 CB Gerald Robinson (FL) Verbal to FAU

BgsuvmNCUAAUNeJ.jpg:large

http://www.canesinsight.com/content/2298-2015-CB-Robinson-Still-Working-Hard

2015 CB Robinson Still Working Hard
by
Tito Benach
Published on 02-17-2014 07:09 PM
Coming off of a state championship, 2015 Champagnat (Fla.) cornerback Gerald Robinson has been hitting the weight room hard as well as working on his game.

“I’ve been lifting weights Monday through Friday and then on the weekends I’ve been doing 7 on 7 with my Strong Arm guys.”

Robinson made it clear that he is looking to gain muscle heading into next season and wants to enter the fall at 182 pounds.

“I would like to get my weight up a little bit more. I’m weighting 175 right now, I want to be around 182 by the end of the summer.”

The Strong Arm 7 on 7 football team isn’t the most popular team in South Florida, but the 5’10 175 pound corner is looking to change that.

“I want to get better and we’re not really known compared to the South Florida Express, so I want to get better and make that happen.”

Recruiting has definitely picked up for the 2015 cornerback as he is hearing from multiple new schools.

“Syracuse, Kentucky, USF, UCF, Cincinnati, and Clemson.”

While it’s still early in terms of the recruiting process for Robinson, he does have a top list of schools.

“My top 3, and this is in no order, are Florida, Syracuse and Kentucky.”

The Wildcats are a school that have been on Robinson from the get-go and his visit there during the last summer have made quite the impression on him.

“It was fun going up there and learning a lot from coach (Derrick) Ansley.”

While the Florida Gators have yet to offer the Champagnat product, he still hold a high amount of interest in them.

“I’ve always been a fan of Florida growing up and it’s in Florida so I like them.”

While all these schools have made their impression on the South Florida defensive back, the hometown Hurricanes are sending the prospect mail.

“That’s my hometown, so I’m gonna always like Miami.”

While Robinson is interested in the Hurricanes, he admits there hasn’t been much communication between them besides the letters.

“I haven’t spoken to them yet, but I’m gonna be attending the camp and the Junior day during the summer.”

What would a Miami offer mean to Robinson?

“They would definitely be top 5.”

A decision for Robinson could come before his senior year, as he is planning to commit sometime in the summer.

“Towards the middle of the 7 on 7 season, around the middle of the summer.”

Ultimately, the decision for the state champion corner will come down to which ever school provides the most comfortable feel.

“Which ever school makes me feel like I’m home.”

Nice seeing the name Syracuse actually involved and getting mentioned by recruits again.

I am just sensing we need to put together a really good season on the field and we will break through that next barrier, we are right on the cusp, IMO. IPF also will help big time too.

IB you know as well as I do that the IPF isn't happening, right ;)

Nice handwriting.

Hope these kids can read it. They just had a report on public radio that some Southern state is going to legislate that all public schools teach and test students in cursive. Apparently most kids can't read cursive anymore.

Nice. Like beating out Stoops, people not paying attention Kentucky has been killing it.

Miami-Dade pre summer top 50

28. Gerald Robinson, DB, 5-10, 175, Hialeah Champagnat: Yet another quality prospect who has already dazzled colleges with a solid off season. A physical player who can cover and play the run equally as well. Has the opportunity to be one of the best in the class over the next two seasons.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/hssp...-of-2015-pre-summer-top-50.html#storylink=cpy

Hialeah Champagnat Catholic was the Florida Class 2A State Championship winner this season.

I also read on a Miami forum that analyst Larry Bulstein has Robinson rated as the #1 CB in Miami-Dade County 2015.

2 Uncles played at the U.