Class of 2015 - CB Gerald Robinson (FL) Verbal to FAU | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 CB Gerald Robinson (FL) Verbal to FAU

So was Doyle Grimes supposedly. 247 also has Andrew Spence predicted to flip to Maryland. Doesn't look good. McD will definitely have to be replaced by a strong Florida recruiter. We really need to keep the pipeline open. I thought very highly of Robinson. Thought he would be an impact player at a huge position of need. Kinda depressed with this news, but not really surprised. All the losing is making it worse.

All we can do is wait and see. He might just need some face to face reassurance from the staff during the bye. With the stupid schedule the coaches haven't been able to get out on the road.

Kentucky, Utah and Florida Atlantic?

He can't be too good.

Those who wanted McDonald demoted had to understand the negative effect it would have on Florida recruiting. Better find a strong So. Fla. recruiter moving forward or the talent gap may never be closed.
Find a good OC. If he's not a Florida recruiter, fire someone else to bring one in.

Kentucky, Utah and Florida Atlantic?

He can't be too good.

I think he has offers that aren't known. I really liked this kid and thought he had a chance to play right away.

This recruiting year was always about building program depth w/ a few high end talents. I personally think Strickland is the only guy left committed who can play right away as a frosh based on talent and not positional need (I think some frosh DB's will play based on need next year).

yeah...so the midseason demotion hasnt work one bit. Not only has our offense not looked better at all...we are now starting to lose recruits. This should have been handled in the offseason. I really like Shafer but am starting to think he is in over his head right now. I certainly hope I am wrong, and recognize that this is just year 2 and we have been beaten badly by a horrible schedule and injuries.

Do you tweet? Sometimes it is just trying to get the gist of the message in with the # of characters.

I most certainly do. Every other word was written out completely. He had plenty of options to shorten other words or take out words.

I have little doubt he actually thought he was using "way" properly.

yeah...so the midseason demotion hasnt work one bit. Not only has our offense not looked better at all...we are now starting to lose recruits. This should have been handled in the offseason. I really like Shafer but am starting to think he is in over his head right now. I certainly hope I am wrong, and recognize that this is just year 2 and we have been beaten badly by a horrible schedule and injuries.

He demotes McDonald after the season ends, and the same recruits decommit on December 5 instead of November 5.

Only now SU has a month less time to recruit replacement players.

He demotes McDonald after the season ends, and the same recruits decommit on December 5 instead of November 5.

Only now SU has a month less time to recruit replacement players.

OR he doesn't demote McDonald and lets the season play out and maybe no one decommits. Another what if scenario.

I think he has offers that aren't known. I really liked this kid and thought he had a chance to play right away.

This recruiting year was always about building program depth w/ a few high end talents. I personally think Strickland is the only guy left committed who can play right away as a frosh based on talent and not positional need (I think some frosh DB's will play based on need next year).

Whenever I hear statements like this year was about building depth in the program I hear the players we are bringing in aren't good enough to displace the guys ahead of them. We need depth, but we need to upgrade athleticism across the board, too.

Maybe the kid felt they were ignoring him to get him to decommit. I'm sure that's not the case butane the kid felt that way. As far as Mac being responsible for that I know coach bullough is shy's recruiter and they haven't talked since this summer... But coach Lea calls every Wednesday night at 9 pm. Maybe it's the position coach that dropped the ball figuring the kid was so upbeat about coming to cuse. Or maybe the staff just had a few things going on this month.

or maybe Mcdonald has stopped recruiting for SU? Kind of funny last time he heard from SU was around the time Mcdonald got demoted. Didn't really think of these scenarios till someone tweeted on twitter

Too bad he decommitted but Cuse needs to get their S*** together on the field & sidelines or more recruits will follow Robinson's lead...

Can't believe the Cuse is second only to Indiana in P5 conferences not in the Top 25 since 2001. That is unreal and quite frankly...terrible!!!

or maybe Mcdonald has stopped recruiting for SU? Kind of funny last time he heard from SU was around the time Mcdonald got demoted. Didn't really think of these scenarios till someone tweeted on twitter
GM is as good as gone when the season is over so why kill yourself recruiting. Bet his actions will hurt him regarding further employment.

GM is as good as gone when the season is over so why kill yourself recruiting. Bet his actions will hurt him regarding further employment.

what will be fun (or funny) to watch is to see if any of his kids follow him to his new job. If he latches on with a half way decent SEC team I doubt the team will even offer any of his current recruits. He went from Miami to Arkansas to Syracuse. Would any of his current kids get offered if he moved to a team of that level. doubtful.