Class of 2015 - CB Gerald Robinson (FL) Verbal to FAU | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 CB Gerald Robinson (FL) Verbal to FAU

So, out of curiosity, how did we pick 56 letters? There aren't even close to that many coaches or grad assistants. Why don't we send 44 letters? How many from each coach? Where do the extra letters come from? Do some of them only have 1 word on the inside? I'm curious about all of this!

Sorry... unless you know the secret handshake and password it is not for you to know.

CrunchTime‏@Bubba_island Jul 17
Visiting New York On The 28th
1f34a.png
#CuseNation

I just post what I see...

http://lammerrecruiting.com/?p=485

FAU offer gives Syracuse commit Robinson something to think about

July 22, 2014 plammer Leave a comment
By Pat Lammer
SFRR Editor
BOCA RATON — Hialeah Champagnat Catholic Class of 2015 defensive back Gerald Robinson Jr. committed early on to Syracuse.
But Robinson now has a decision to make.
“I think I’ll look at FAU,” Robinson said Monday after Coach Charlie Partridge and staff offered him after the Owls’ camp.
The 5-foot-11, 175-pound Robinson also had scholarship offers from Kentucky, Cincinnati, UCF and Utah.
He verbally committed to Syracuse, of the ACC, back on April 26. And teammate LB Doyle Grimes is also committed to the Orange. Verbal commitments are nonbinding. National Signing Day is the first Wednesday in February.
Champagnat DB Paris Manyou (5-9, 155) also competed at the FAU camp Monday. He transferred to the Hialeah school from defending state champion South Dade and holds offers from Appalachian State and Alcorn State.

If the best quote they can get from him for an article is "I think I'll look at FAU" and not even something indicated he's extremely excited about the offer or potentially wavering, I think we will be just fine here...

I think we are pretty good here. It's even better that Grimes transferred to Champagnat Catholic as well. They have some absolute studs in the 2016 class that we are going hard after. They are big time national recruits, but who knows.

Except, they have to get rid of the Big East logo on the field.

Yeah, I laughed when I saw that but that kid looks A-OK in Orange. Or, uh, blue.

This kid along with a few other recruits are going to blow up, I can feel it

This kid along with a few other recruits are going to blow up, I can feel it

This isn't direct at you, or Robinson, but the idea of kids "blowing up" their Senior seasons is a bit off. Guy's like Robinson who play at a recognizable program, and have been mainstays on the varsity team for years don't really gain a ton of offers after their Spring evals/Summer camps after their Junior years. At that point they are what they are, and unless they have a big growth spurt, or other schools miss out on kids, there probably won't be much more activity.

Unless you are a kid transferring to a big name program from a relatively unknown, or are just getting a chance to start to start on the Varsity there usually isn't too much movement. This is especially true talking about kids down in the South, Texas, California where there is Spring Football, and coaches have been coming in to evaluate talent for 2 or 3 years. By the time their Senior seasons start they aren't going to start piling up more offers unless something drastic happens.

This isn't direct at you, or Robinson, but the idea of kids "blowing up" their Senior seasons is a bit off.

It's not necessarily that the player starts blowing up as much as it is other schools needing to fill spots. Sometimes a player really does start to blow up, other times it is that a school has missed out on higher priority targets and now start to go after lower kids on their board.

It's not necessarily that the player starts blowing up as much as it is other schools needing to fill spots. Sometimes a player really does start to blow up, other times it is that a school has missed out on higher priority targets and now start to go after lower kids on their board.

Ya, don't get me wrong there are occasions when kids blow up their Senior seasons like that big WR from Texas that went to A&M last year, but usually like you said it's just schools moving down their boards.

Or sometimes people simply blow up.