Class of 2017 - CB Ifeatu Melifonwu (MA) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 CB Ifeatu Melifonwu (MA) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

I agree. Tell him that we love him, that is why he was/is our number one and not some plan b or c. But, if he takes the visit, we have to start making calls to fill the spot. If the spot is still available when you decide that you want Syracuse, you will be considered for the spot, but we want players that are committed this program and what we are trying to do.

I think that's the perfect way to handle

I love how this staff handles stuff like this; Syracuse will be fine regardless of any individual recruit's decisions. Ask Gabe Sherrod...

Not if your committed it's not bad business. If he gets the offer he's gonna flip anyways.
and if he doesn't get an offer then we are out our top rated CB = bad business. We need to face facts we are a bottom tier P5 school and need these recruits and giving them slack is part of what we have to do at this point.

this

I get it from his perspective

But

We been loyal too for a long time and this is a bad look

If you are waivering decommmit

Don't leave someone at the alter

It's a two way street.

Take your trip but realize you may get replaced

I hate this
And I hate garbage using him as a plan C in case of one of his higher rated guys going elsewhere

and if he doesn't get an offer then we are out our top rated CB = bad business. We need to face facts we are a bottom tier P5 school and need these recruits and giving them slack is part of what we have to do at this point.

He's a safety and top rated is debateable, but it's not like we can't still offer.

What's the contingency plan when he flips anyways?

He's a safety and top rated is debateable, but it's not like we can't still offer.

What's the contingency plan when he flips anyways?
Hudl highlights have him listed as CB/WR so that's what I went by. All teams have plan A and plan B's. We have guys waiting in the wing we tell that we like you, but we have guy x or y if front of you. Sure they might go elsewhere, but that's how he it goes.
He is the topped rated in our class.

I have to admit, if I was offered an OV to SD State or Hawaii, I might take it no matter how committed I was.
Michigan is a silver spoon team. If they want you, and you're committed to a lesser team (harsh but true) many would at the very least listen.

Just crazy if we start pulling everyone's scholarship for just going on an official visit. Bad business.

He has already done it with others who have committed but continued to take visits.
You have to know who is "all in" and who is shopping for a better offer.

Doesn't it really come down to how much they value a kid.. if he is high on your board and you cant really stop him from taking a visit then why would you pull the scholie? if you have 3-4 kids all being equal and one takes another visit and you have equal kids waiting in the wings then maybe you try to apply some pressure.

He has already done it with others who have committed but continued to take visits.
You have to know who is "all in" and who is shopping for a better offer.
Others? You mean maybe the one WR?

Absolutely, you start getting shaky and flaky 10 days prior after a long commitment, then we will look elsewhere. You want to take visits where you don't have an offer, then have fun potentially at ualbany.
Or UConn, which now that I think of it is about the same.

I hate to say it but two weeks before NLI and you are taking a trip, it is only to see if you get a better offer and don't care about us. I say pull it and if it there we'll see. If Hardballs @UM offers, he's gone. I say two weeks before NLI, you pull.

Take all the visits you need to be sure you'll be happy for the next 4-5 years. There's a reason that there's like a 25% attrition/transfer rate. Bunch of grown ass men trying to do whats best for themselves instead of the kids & can than just bounce any day with no notice or care if they can advance their career.

I'm a selfish ass person too & sick of these miserable loser seasons but to think these kids shouldn't be looking & visiting other schools is just insane to me.

Take all the visits you need to be sure you'll be happy for the next 4-5 years. There's a reason that there's like a 25% attrition/transfer rate. Bunch of grown ass men trying to do whats best for themselves instead of the kids & can than just bounce any day with no notice or care if they can advance their career.

I'm a selfish ass person too & sick of these miserable loser seasons but to think these kids shouldn't be looking & visiting other schools is just insane to me.
So what does your boss do when you take a half day to go interview elsewhere?

Fine look all you want,but don't commit til NLI. when you committed, the school counted on it, so don't commit until you know that is the school you want to commit to.

So what does your boss do when you take a half day to go interview elsewhere?

That question is an excellent example of how absurd college sports are. If my boss was making a couple million & had just ditched a ton of folks he had recruited to his previous company just a year ago, I'm not sure he'd have a lot to say.

Fine look all you want,but don't commit til NLI. when you committed, the school counted on it, so don't commit until you know that is the school you want to commit to.

Thats fine if schools can never pull an offer and coaches couldn't leave any kids that were recruited under their watch.

That question is an excellent example of how absurd college sports are. If my boss was making a couple million & had just ditched a ton of folks he had recruited to his previous company just a year ago, I'm not sure he'd have a lot to say.
You did not answer the question. Your outrage is noted.

You did not answer the question. Your outrage is noted.

Outrage?? What do you happen to guess happened to the recruits that were committed to Dino last December at Bowling Green? Did his accepting their commitment prohibit him from listening to other offers? Or is this where the "you commit to a school" nonsense is used as a rebuttal?

Outrage?? What do you happen to guess happened to the recruits that were committed to Dino last December at Bowling Green? Did his accepting their commitment prohibit him from listening to other offers? Or is this where the "you commit to a school" nonsense is used as a rebuttal?
You did not answer the question.

Others? You mean maybe the one WR?

No, there was at least one grad transfer on defense who still wanted to take a visit or two and we pulled the offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom