Class of 2014 - CB Lamar Dawson (IL) to Utah State | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 CB Lamar Dawson (IL) to Utah State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prayers.
It puts thing into perspective when problems like this are revealed.We all hope for your well being and not just for the team's sake.Get well and help the team on the sideline as well as your parents who are hurting. We care!

☞LAMBO DAW☞ ‏@LamarDawson 28m
Can't wait to leave Chicago I feel like I gotta couple ppl coming with me to

Is the staff recruiting some 2015s from St. Rita?

Nate Mink ‏@MinkNate 52m
I'm told 2014 CB Lamar Dawson has started running but is not yet lifting weights. Still battling aplastic anemia:

Good to hear that he is starting some physical activity.

I agree, Morris was a steal, can't believe the SEC schools weren't all over him, coming from Georgia. AB had a few nice runs as a RS Frosh, would like to see more runs out of the H-Back position.
I just don't want to hear from the announcers that AB is the best athlete on the team. If he does something then fine describe him that way if they must.
Nate Mink ‏@MinkNate 52m
I'm told 2014 CB Lamar Dawson has started running but is not yet lifting weights. Still battling aplastic anemia:

Good to hear that he is starting some physical activity.
If he is lifting weights its a very good thing for his recovery program.

I just don't want to hear from the announcers that AB is the best athlete on the team. If he does something then fine describe him that way if they must.

If he is lifting weights its a very good thing for his recovery program.

I agree, we definitely need to see some more results. He's been the most talked about player for the last 3 offseasons, save maybe the QB last year, and he really hasn't put up the numbers we all thought we would see from him.

BtRnTQuCcAA1Dsj.jpg:large

Not sure where they are... although the sign looks like it says Los Angeles.

dan tortora is tweeting the doctors have not cleared him yet and of course they want him 100 %

Makes sense. Out of curiosity, when he arrives in June, he will still be a "normal" freshman with 5 years to play 4 correct? I imagine he will not be physically ready to play college football next year after a year battling a disease and having limited physical activity and lifting.

Not to say he can't, but most freshman coming in are slight and need to get stronger, a guy who sat out a year for physical ailments probably needs that even more.

Makes sense. Out of curiosity, when he arrives in June, he will still be a "normal" freshman with 5 years to play 4 correct? I imagine he will not be physically ready to play college football next year after a year battling a disease and having limited physical activity and lifting.

Not to say he can't, but most freshman coming in are slight and need to get stronger, a guy who sat out a year for physical ailments probably needs that even more.

He has not enrolled at any college. He will have 5 to play 4 when he gets to campus - whenever that is.

Syracuse football signee Lamar Dawson delays enrollment to June (PS: Bailey)

"They pushed it to June, but if I'm not ready it could be August and the worst-case scenario is next January," Dawson said. "But I should be ready to go by June."
Which of course is what they said last year, be there in January, worst case is next June.

Diseases are tricky issues. Hopefully he gets healthy enough to be every day healthy, if he ever happens to get D1 football healthy again, it will be to our benefit.

Wait. What? That doesn't sound like a Shafer move at all. Wonder what happened.

That's disappointing, hope there's a story to this

The thing I took away from this article was not about Dawson but rather Prater. Prater thinks the staff wasted his time by trying to get him eligible...are you kidding me? They gave you an opportunity and did everything they could and told you what you exactly what you needed to do but Prater is the one that couldn't come through...PRATER wasted the staffs time, only so much they can do for you and unfortunately they can't take tests for you or sit down and study with you like elementary school. Just dumbfounded he would think that way!

The thing I took away from this article was not about Dawson but rather Prater. Prater thinks the staff wasted his time by trying to get him eligible...are you kidding me? They gave you an opportunity and did everything they could and told you what you exactly what you needed to do but Prater is the one that couldn't come through...PRATER wasted the staffs time, only so much they can do for you and unfortunately they can't take tests for you or sit down and study with you like elementary school. Just dumbfounded he would think that way!

I read that as the Prep school wasted his time, not the staff. Maybe it wasn't a good fit for his learning style.

Yes, I think you misinterpreted this. He feels Midwestern Prep wasted his time, because Dawson then goes on to say he is not going there for the academics as if the situation Prater was in won't be a problem for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom