Class of 2014 - CB Lamar Dawson (IL) to Utah State | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 CB Lamar Dawson (IL) to Utah State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible, terrible situation. But, I can't fault the staff for doing what they have to do for the program. It's too bad there's no other scholarship opportunities for certain unique situations, like this one.

This is something the NCAA should give special exceptions to. The kid just went from having a full ride to not having one over a horrible illness. It is a shitty situation all around.

Agreed tough situation overall. I honestly think this might not be the worst thing he has to figure out if he can still play after all this prep school/JC where the coaches focus on him is better for that type of redevelopment and it lets him keep his grades solid. I honestly would still book this one as a future player here. My opinion.

I wish him the best, nice kid who has dealt with a lot of scary health issues. I hope NIU offers him. either way, his health and education are what matters most, in that order.

Do we know if he's going to school for free? I still can't believe he didn't get to stay on our list but with medical disqualification so he could at least get his degree free

This (if he's guilty) is why we appreciate the success stories so much more.
Success (on the field, in the classroom and socially) through peserverance and application is a hard-earned and worthy thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.