Class of 2014 - CB Lamar Dawson (IL) to Utah State | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 CB Lamar Dawson (IL) to Utah State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. It is hard to talk about as a father watching your 3 year old daughter go through this on a daily basis is heart breaking. I can do nothing for her but offer my love and support. She is the bravest and most inspiring person I know. She wakes up every day with a smile on her face.

She is doing well. She was given a great success rate and she has been meeting her goals every step of the way.
Phil I will speak on behalf of the board, and I say this knowing not a soul personally, but have seen the quality of individual who spends time here. If you ever need anything regardless of the size and scope let us know, and I am confident this board will spring into action. Prayers go out to your family.

I have only told a couple people on this board this but in April my youngest daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia. It has been a horrible year for my family. She just finished her first treatment phase and is entering her last 2 year treatment phase. It is a struggle in every aspect of a families life. My families prayers and thoughts are with him. Hope it comes back clean. I wish what my family went through on nobody even my worst enemy.
Praying for you.

Thanks. It is hard to talk about as a father watching your 3 year old daughter go through this on a daily basis is heart breaking. I can do nothing for her but offer my love and support. She is the bravest and most inspiring person I know. She wakes up every day with a smile on her face.

She is doing well. She was given a great success rate and she has been meeting her goals every step of the way.

Phil,

I feel your pain, while not quite the same my little sister (who is 32) just wrapped up her third gamma-knife surgery to remove a brain tumor that has caused acromaglia or otherwise known as giantism. The complications she has gone through fighting through it can be gut wrenching ... due to the medication she now has frequent seizures, has diabetes and is now suffering through issues with her vision.

Cancer is a wretched disease and I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask, issues like your daughters are one of the many reasons why my wife and I are strong supporters and donators to the St. Jude hospitals. I have two children of my own and the thought of going through this scares me since stuff like this can be genetically linked. I'm praying for you man, I know how you feel and what you are going through ... if you ever need an ear PM me.

I have only told a couple people on this board this but in April my youngest daughter was diagnosed with Leukemia. It has been a horrible year for my family. She just finished her first treatment phase and is entering her last 2 year treatment phase. It is a struggle in every aspect of a families life. My families prayers and thoughts are with him. Hope it comes back clean. I wish what my family went through on nobody even my worst enemy.

Phil,

You and your family will be in my family's thoughts and prayers.

Phil,

I feel your pain, while not quite the same my little sister (who is 32) just wrapped up her third gamma-knife surgery to remove a brain tumor that has caused acromaglia or otherwise known as giantism. The complications she has gone through fighting through it can be gut wrenching ... due to the medication she now has frequent seizures, has diabetes and is now suffering through issues with her vision.

Cancer is a wretched disease and I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask, issues like your daughters are one of the many reasons why my wife and I are strong supporters and donators to the St. Jude hospitals. I have two children of my own and the thought of going through this scares me since stuff like this can be genetically linked. I'm praying for you man, I know how you feel and what you are going through ... if you ever need an ear PM me.

Our family will be praying for your sister...

Thank you guys/girls for all the well wishes. It is humbling to see the support on here and I thank each and everyone of you. It means the world...

Also didn't want to take the shine off the Lamar recruiting thread. Just thought I would tell my story as it related to what Mr. Dawson and his family could have been going through.

Thank you guys/girls for all the well wishes. It is humbling to see the support on here and I thank each and everyone of you. It means the world...

Also didn't want to take the shine off the Lamar recruiting thread. Just thought I would tell my story as it related to what Mr. Dawson and his family could have been going through.

Its ok to change directions ... sometimes when we get so passionate about sports we lose perspective and talking about things like this help us regain it. Thanks for your prayers ... deep down inside I feel that your little girl will be just fine I have faith in that.

Anytime the fans get too excited about meaningless football or basketball games, we need to bring them back to this thread, for some insight into the important things in life.

Talk about putting everything in perspective.

Phil, your daughter sounds brave as hell. And as a father of a three year old daughter, I can't even begin to imagine what you and your family are going through. Stay strong.

Talk about putting everything in perspective.

Phil, your daughter sounds brave as hell. And as a father of a three year old daughter, I can't even begin to imagine what you and your family are going through. Stay strong.

I second that Phil, I have two daughters who are my everything. My thoughts and prayers to your daughter and to you and your family

Do we know yet what might be wrong yet? Hope everything is ok with him football aside, but football not aside, I'm sure we'll honor the scholie but you have to wonder. Might be part of the reason for the run on more DBs.

Do we know yet what might be wrong yet? Hope everything is ok with him football aside, but football not aside, I'm sure we'll honor the scholie but you have to wonder. Might be part of the reason for the run on more DBs.

I don't even think he knows what's wrong yet

I don't even think he knows what's wrong yet

He should have results already. We found out our daughter had Leukemia with in 24 hours. I am no doctor or don't know his situation only speaking with what my family went through 8 months ago. If he is still in the hospital and the players visiting are in those gowns and gloves on then it isn't the best news. Means he is in an isolation room.

He should have results already. We found out our daughter had Leukemia with in 24 hours. I am no doctor or don't know his situation only speaking with what my family went through 8 months ago. If he is still in the hospital and the players visiting are in those gowns and gloves on then it isn't the best news. Means he is in an isolation room.

He had said he didn't have Leukemia. So at least that's a positive.

He had said he didn't have Leukemia. So at least that's a positive.

Sickle Cell? With people on isolation it will have to do with blood IMO. Once again not a doctor just speculating based on my experience.

The gowns make me shudder. It took me by surprise and can't be good, not at all and i pray for him. I also hope nobody takes what I said the wrong way. Whether he ever plays or not I'd give him the scholie and a Syracuse education.

Last edited:
Based on what I know about Coach Shafer, Dawson will have that scholarship regardless of if he ever plays a down for Syracuse. I wish him and his family the best of luck with whatever health issue Lamar is facing.

Phil, my best wishes and prayers to you, your daughter, and your family. As a father of young children myself, I wouldn't wish what you're going through on anyone. Be strong and know that many are sending positive vibes your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.