Class of 2014 - CB Lamar Dawson (IL) to Utah State | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 CB Lamar Dawson (IL) to Utah State

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a 23 year old I understand the impact of social media in today's world however if you think kids are using twitter as even the #5 reason to pick a school I don't know what to tell you. Could it be the tipping point if all things are equal between schools? Maybe. But it's not as influential as you make it out to be.

Now if AJ Long was tweeting at me to come play with him and we became friends over it you have a point. But because JoeSchmoOrange tweets at me to come to Syracuse would not have any impact on a decision.

Hey leave JoeSchmoOrange alone. He never said anything bad about you.

hopefully our uncommitted guys feel the same way!
Love this kid. Fingers crossed on Lamar's health. He'll be part of the family regardless. As far as Washington and Cordy; let's hope LD is 100% and the coaches have him penciled in at safety, especially if we get more CB commits. Naes to RB initially would tend to support this move.

Love this kid. Fingers crossed on Lamar's health. He'll be part of the family regardless. As far as Washington and Cordy; let's hope LD is 100% and the coaches have him penciled in at safety, especially if we get more CB commits. Naes to RB initially would tend to support this move.

Have we heard anything about Naes back to RB or are we simply speculating because thats what we do on message boards?

Have we heard anything about Naes back to RB or are we simply speculating because thats what we do on message boards?

There is no way it is speculation, it is on the internet it has to be true. Bonjour!

Yes, pure speculation on Naes based on others input here. If it's on the internet everything's open to interpretation. Lol.

great to hear that they were able to diagnose him, and get him healthy. sure it was a scary time.

i'm guessing he will grayshirt.

Did you all read the prognosis for this disease...

"Untreated, severe aplastic anemia has a high risk of death. Treatment, by drugs or stem cell transplant, has a 5-year survival of about 70%, with younger age associated with higher survival."

CuseLegacy said:
Did you all read the prognosis for this disease... "Untreated, severe aplastic anemia has a high risk of death. Treatment, by drugs or stem cell transplant, has a 5-year survival of about 70%, with younger age associated with higher survival."

Yikes. Many, many prayers for him and his family. I know Shafer will do right by him.

Did you all read the prognosis for this disease...

"Untreated, severe aplastic anemia has a high risk of death. Treatment, by drugs or stem cell transplant, has a 5-year survival of about 70%, with younger age associated with higher survival."

good lord. my thoughts and prayers for him. my heart goes out. I can't imagine, i hope he has a full recovery.

So scary, all the best to him and his family. Shafer will definitely take care of him. Tell that to everyone in Atlanta. This is a real tragedy that will hopefully have a great ending

It's not all negative about this. There is definitely hope offered by this from www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health:

"With prompt and proper care, many people who have aplastic anemia can be successfully treated. Blood and marrow stem cell transplants may offer a cure for some people who have aplastic anemia."

And...

"With prompt and proper care, most people who have aplastic anemia can be successfully treated, and some may be cured. Most people who have the disorder are able to go back to their normal routines after treatment. However, it may take some time to get good results from treatment. You may need repeated treatments, or you may need to try several treatments to find one that works."

It's not all negative about this. There is definitely hope offered by this from www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health:

"With prompt and proper care, many people who have aplastic anemia can be successfully treated. Blood and marrow stem cell transplants may offer a cure for some people who have aplastic anemia."

And...

"With prompt and proper care, most people who have aplastic anemia can be successfully treated, and some may be cured. Most people who have the disorder are able to go back to their normal routines after treatment. However, it may take some time to get good results from treatment. You may need repeated treatments, or you may need to try several treatments to find one that works."

Kid red shirts and we hope for the best, football aside. Sounds like they were right on it.

I will say, many cases of aplastic anemia are not that severe and do not require transfusions, bone marrow transplants or immune suppression. Many cases are caused by viruses that resolve on their own. The statistics above are for cases defined as "severe" or "very severe." Best of luck to him, regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom