Class of 2015 - CB Myles Hartsfield (NJ) Verbal to Ole Miss | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 CB Myles Hartsfield (NJ) Verbal to Ole Miss

Have you read any of the articles about what is going on at Sayreville?

I have but he can say he's sorry and recite 35 Our Fathers. If he's convicted of a felony crime I'll change my mind but until then I would tell him he has a spot if things go well. If he comes out of it he'll probably end up playing somewhere better than us.

I'm not aware that he's been arrested yet - though it seems imminent - and nobody knows at this point what his involvement is.

my original comment was sort of tongue in cheek but id let him know he's got a spot if he's cleared and let due process run it's course.

I have but he can say he's sorry and recite 35 Our Fathers. If he's convicted of a felony crime I'll change my mind but until then I would tell him he has a spot if things go well. If he comes out of it he'll probably end up playing somewhere better than us.

I'm not aware that he's been arrested yet - though it seems imminent - and nobody knows at this point what his involvement is.

my original comment was sort of tongue in cheek but id let him know he's got a spot if he's cleared and let due process run it's course.

I'd think you should take the opposite approach. If he is found innocent you can get involved, but before hand that's a stupid idea

sorry, but I don't want to go near this kid.
I do not ever like the idea of convicting or penalty inflicted without more proof, so far just hearsay. I have seen way too many cases that just were not true. Yhe Duke lacrosse case being the biggest fiasco I can think of off hand. Until charges and conviction I assume innocence.

I'll pass on this kid.

I believe the Duke lacrosse team was already put on probation by the university for over the top partying prior to the stripper incident. Reason why the university came down hard on them and then after the incidents most of the players came from wealth and had the income to hire top shelf lawyers to get their year back.

A lot of how the story developed at Duke was media driven as they descended like vultures.

I believe the Duke lacrosse team was already put on probation by the university for over the top partying prior to the stripper incident. Reason why the university came down hard on them and then after the incidents most of the players came from wealth and had the income to hire top shelf lawyers to get their year back.

You would be incorrect. Wealth may have had an impact in the quality of their defense, but it does not change the fact that the charges were lies, and that the local DA was dismissed for malfeasance and later convicted of a violation of the law in this case.
What were you trying to say that wealthy people must be guilty or that everyone must be guilty when accused?
I have no interest in their dismissal from Duke, but I believe Duke ended up paying significant damages for that dismissal.

Last edited:
A lot of how the story developed at Duke was media driven as they descended like vultures.
A lot like this case only to an even greater degree than this case. I do not convict people on press reports or reported charges, because people lie, that is the reason our legal system is suppose to require proof.
If we start thinking all charges equate to the truth we as a society are in big trouble.

I agree with Phat, show the kid some interest, make the offer contingent on him not being convicted as many of said, who knows what is true and what isn't. Call me crazy I guess

I agree with Phat, show the kid some interest, make the offer contingent on him not being convicted as many of said, who knows what is true and what isn't. Call me crazy I guess
Sorry, but I disagree. Based on what we're hearing down here in NJ, I wouldn't want anything to do with the kid unless it turns out he had abosolutely NOTHING to do do with this and has proven so. However: a)unfortunately find it unlikely that he's not involved; and b) it will take a long time to sort this all out. Move on, it isn't worth it.

This was prior to the stripper incident.

in 2003-2004 year 22 players got nailed by campus police

in 2004-2005 year 16 players

in 2005-2006 year 18 players got hit.

• There were 56 lacrosse players involved in 36 separate incidents over the past three academic years, most of them involving alcohol.
• While lacrosse players comprise .75 percent of the Duke undergraduate population of 6,244, they were responsible for 33 percent of the open container cases, 25 percent of the disorderly conduct cases and 21 percent of the alcohol-unsafe behavior cases.
• In the 2004-05 academic year, the Office of Judicial Affairs handled 97 non-academic misconduct cases, and 11 of them (just over 11 percent) involved lacrosse players

Athletic director Joe Alleva warned Pressler last year that the players were out of control, that his team was "under the microscope" and that he needed "to get them in line."
The report concluded, "Although the pattern of misconduct in recent years by the lacrosse team is alarming, the evidence reviewed … does not warrant suspension of the sport."

Pressler was fired because he refused to enforce school policy about the out of control behavior prior to the incident. He was not fired over the stripper incident alone.

The D.A. really screwed up and handed the defense team a golden P.R. parachute in their lawsuit that was settled with AIG.
And how does any of this apply to my original post, that you responded to, about my assuming innocence of the accused before proven guilty by actual evidence. The accused in this case were actually innocent of the offense the DA accused them of, at least that was the final verdict. They may have been guilty of excessive partying, but that has nothing to do with their criminal charges. I never had a problem with Duke disciplining their lacrosse team for any of the things you are going on about.

This was prior to the stripper incident.

in 2003-2004 year 22 players got nailed by campus police

in 2004-2005 year 16 players

in 2005-2006 year 18 players got hit.

• There were 56 lacrosse players involved in 36 separate incidents over the past three academic years, most of them involving alcohol.
• While lacrosse players comprise .75 percent of the Duke undergraduate population of 6,244, they were responsible for 33 percent of the open container cases, 25 percent of the disorderly conduct cases and 21 percent of the alcohol-unsafe behavior cases.
• In the 2004-05 academic year, the Office of Judicial Affairs handled 97 non-academic misconduct cases, and 11 of them (just over 11 percent) involved lacrosse players

Athletic director Joe Alleva warned Pressler last year that the players were out of control, that his team was "under the microscope" and that he needed "to get them in line."
The report concluded, "Although the pattern of misconduct in recent years by the lacrosse team is alarming, the evidence reviewed … does not warrant suspension of the sport."

Pressler was fired because he refused to enforce school policy about the out of control behavior prior to the incident. He was not fired over the stripper incident alone.

The D.A. really screwed up and handed the defense team a golden P.R. parachute in their lawsuit that was settled with AIG.

Also the DA did not just screw up he actually broke the law in his handling of this case. He was using it for his own political purposes.

And my point was these kids had issues years before this and if you go back and read my post I never said they were guilty in the rape case or even mentioned the stripper case at all. Duke University was totally fed up with the years of partying and Pressler. 3 players getting accused of rape would have not shut that program down alone,it was a cumulative effect that built up over years. The D.A. created a huge P.R. nightmare for the university to enforce their ban by fighting this in court. They cut their losses on this one thanks to the D.A.

This case was the first time the NCAA granted a 5th year from which the school self imposed it's penalty. Some felt this was a bad precedent as this case was not an violation issue according to NCAA rules.The team was told not to hold anymore parties and they did like a week later which led to the stripper case. Also one player E-MAILED to other players he was going to kill and skin a stripper and I will try to find the quotes.

found... “To whom it may concern,” his e-mail began, “tomorrow night, after tonights show, ive decided to have some strippers over to edens 2c. all are welcome.. however there will be no nudity. I plan on killing the bitches as soon as the[y] walk in and proceding to cut their skin off while cu**ing in my duke issue spandex . . all in besides arch and tack [two of his teammates] please respond”

Comments like that pissed off the judiciary board and faculty who had to deal with the cult as they would call it.I am glad the kids didn't get falsely convicted ,but the team's suspension was self-inflicted

http://www.vanityfair.com/society/2014/03/duke-lacrosse-rape-scandal-ryan-mcfadyen
Again, none of this had anything to do with my original post, but keep on pontificating about your own private agenda, you seem to have one.

Sorry, but I disagree. Based on what we're hearing down here in NJ, I wouldn't want anything to do with the kid unless it turns out he had abosolutely NOTHING to do do with this and has proven so. However: a)unfortunately find it unlikely that he's not involved; and b) it will take a long time to sort this all out. Move on, it isn't worth it.

They said the same thing about Bernie Fine .. I say we let it play out and let him know if he is not involved and that is proven he has a seat at the table.

what is my private agenda here? You tell me .

Do you want me to say that because the D.A. lied and excluded evidence that the other 36 incidents that happened on and off campus be totally forgiven by all. Good luck on that. These players acted like spoiled rotten brats prior to and after the rape incident. Get over it and I never disputed the rape charges in your first post or their guilt or whatevers,but you seemed to be glued to that thought in your own little world. All I did was post the teams reports on misconduct at least a year prior to the rape incident.

This is what you said " And how does any of this apply to my original post, that you responded to, about my assuming innocence of the accused before proven guilty by actual evidence."
Show me were I challenged that ? They were already "under the microscope" when it happened and it was a cumulative team effort on the cancelation.

You really are being willfully ignorant by thinking I challenged your presumption of guilt and innocence on the rape charges.

You fail to understand, even after I told you, I was not commemting at any time about the drinking parties in my original post only about the criminal charges they were alledged to have violated. You insistd on repeatedly bringing up things that had nothing to do with my original post, so yes you have your own agenda. All the other things you mention were handled administratively by Duke and had nothing to do with criminal conviction. I would say you are being ignorant concerning the original intent of my post, but thanks for your many inconsequential comments.

I kind of forgot about this kid, even though he's in the next town over from me. Sayreville football kind of took a backseat after the hazing scandal from last year and the football staff and AD being let go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom