Class of 2021 - CB Nyland Green (GA) Portal from Georgia to Purdue | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 CB Nyland Green (GA) Portal from Georgia to Purdue

Symphony Steve

All American
Was ranked the #2 CB recruit in the country behind only Kool Aid McKinstry in 2021.

Kinda got buried at UGA, but played meaningful minutes on ST and got some decent time in the CB rotation.

Hit the portal today. We'll see if Coach Fran is interested:

I feel like we probably shouldn't post every UGA/TAMU transfer unless there's an actual link. Doubt we're going to land a lot of these kids, they probably have other schools already in mind (and probably have an offer).

I feel like we probably shouldn't post every UGA/TAMU transfer unless there's an actual link. Doubt we're going to land a lot of these kids, they probably have other schools already in mind (and probably have an offer).

I also get that sense that HCFB priority (and preference) is highschool recruits at this time, and that’s where we will see most action between now and early signing day.

I feel like the majority of our portal participation will be in the Spring window.

While I generally agree, Fran was his position coach.

The tricky part is that, while we'd usually focus on players who had SU offers, we now have two key coaches from football powerhouses that tend to over-recruit.

So, I'd say it's a learning curve for us.

I say we do so we can act like kids in a candy shop for a while longer. We can allow ourselves a little bit of fun after last 20 years

Kind of a strange landing spot for a SEC level GA kid. Wonder if there was a prior relationship with the staff.

Kind of a strange landing spot for a SEC level GA kid. Wonder if there was a prior relationship with the staff.
Not really. Purdue has a good recruiting/portal class for 24, including Nyland Green (4* transfer from Georgia) and 2 other 4*s DBs (including Key Beasley) from HS. Walters has a big rep as a recruiter.

Word is that Georgia / Fran view him as a safety. He wants to play corner. Found a spot that will allow him to play corner.
I figured something was up here. Thanks for the info.