Class of 2016 - CB/WR Armunz Matthews (FL) USF Commit | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 CB/WR Armunz Matthews (FL) USF Commit

Wow, we are really hitting the WR position hard.

Have you seen our WR corps? Other than Ish (and maybe Lewis), we should try to recruit over all of the rest of them.

(I think Erv and Briz can be fine slot WR's - I'm talking more about the outside WR crew)

We are going to be playing 8-9 a game
16 on Bowling Greens rooster
We had 9 counting walk-ons last year

721Comstock said:
Have you seen our WR corps? Other than Ish (and maybe Lewis), we should try to recruit over all of the rest of them. (I think Erv and Briz can be fine slot WR's - I'm talking more about the outside WR crew)

I don't believe in "recruiting over" - every year you should be trying to get better players at every position. I think this offense requires a lot more WR in general. No hybrid/express back. Ability to go 4 wide with tempo = more "dudes"

We are going to be playing 8-9 a game
16 on Bowling Greens rooster
We had 9 counting walk-ons last year
Bowling Green must have had one big rooster. :D

But seriously our WR corps since 2012 have been depleted to say the least. I'm not saying there isn't talent because Ish, Briz, Erv, and Lewis are all talented guys...but we desperately need more quantity and still need upgraded quality if we want to compete with the best in the ACC.

How many OVs did the prior staff not use? Seems like we are getting a large number late in the recruiting cycle.

How many OVs did the prior staff not use? Seems like we are getting a large number late in the recruiting cycle.

A school can offer 56 official visits. I'm pretty sure the other staff had less than 10 that went out. So there's plenty to give.

Bowling Green must have had one big rooster. :D

But seriously our WR corps since 2012 have been depleted to say the least. I'm not saying there isn't talent because Ish, Briz, Erv, and Lewis are all talented guys...but we desperately need more quantity and still need upgraded quality if we want to compete with the best in the ACC.
big chicken.jpg

I always thought that it was located in Marietta. :D

A school can offer 56 official visits. I'm pretty sure the other staff had less than 10 that went out. So there's plenty to give.

10?!?!? The hell were they saving them up for?

Maybe the previous staff knew for awhile they were on thin ice and stopped setting things up until they knew they were safe with their jobs.

10?!?!? The hell were they saving them up for?

Maybe the previous staff knew for awhile they were on thin ice and stopped setting things up until they knew they were safe with their jobs.

The previous staff did not do a lot of, if any, official visits during the season. Therefore they may have had other officials lined up tentatively with all commitments for after the season, but most of those obviously fell through.

The previous staff did not do a lot of, if any, official visits during the season. Therefore they may have had other officials lined up tentatively with all commitments for after the season, but most of those obviously fell through.

Even if they had officials with all the players with commitments that's only approximately 20 officials used out of 56.

I am glad the new staff is using all of the resources at their disposal. We aren't going to improve markedly without exerting a tremendous effort to outwork our ACC peers.

Even if they had officials with all the players with commitments that's only approximately 20 officials used out of 56.

I am glad the new staff is using all of the resources at their disposal. We aren't going to improve markedly without exerting a tremendous effort to outwork our ACC peers.

The other factor that is in play is all prospects are only allowed to have 5 official visits per person. Therefore, if you are school #6, you aren't going to get an official visit.

That is why recruiting kids with as many offers as some of the 5 and 4-star kids is so difficult. They can't just go anywhere just because they want to.

Also doesn't help that Syracuse, NY isn't exactly Tempe, AZ or Austin, TX when it comes to destinations.

The other factor that is in play is all prospects are only allowed to have 5 official visits per person. Therefore, if you are school #6, you aren't going to get an official visit.

That is why recruiting kids with as many offers as some of the 5 and 4-star kids is so difficult. They can't just go anywhere just because they want to.

Also doesn't help that Syracuse, NY isn't exactly Tempe, AZ or Austin, TX when it comes to destinations.

I'm glad they don't have any official visits today! :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom