CFB Playoff Rankings... | Syracusefan.com

CFB Playoff Rankings...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
B1EkhOTCUAAYDmL.png

The SEC West and Florida State.

I know he's just trolling, but gottlieb is such a €ock$ucker

@GottliebShow: Lots of guys went to Syracuse/NW @HiMyNameIsSeton: Good luck finding an article written by someone who DIDN'T go to a school w/ a fball team

There are a bunch of schools that can run the table and be in the Final 4. The one thing that bugs me is that FSU will not get a mulligan.

One of the local ATL college football talking heads indicated that if both FSU & ND run the table that they'll Make the playoff along with 2 SEC teams. If the precondition holds, it's hard to find a more deserving 1-loss team than ND.

One of the local ATL college football talking heads indicated that if both FSU & ND run the table that they'll Make the playoff along with 2 SEC teams. If the precondition holds, it's hard to find a more deserving 1-loss team than ND.

Even if TCU and/Kansas St or Baylor, Oregon/Arizona/Utah and Michigan St/Ohio St/Nebraska do? I can see the SEC getting 2 if Georgia wins out and MSU's only loss is to Georgia.

Based on the sneak peek we just received, ND's problem isn't the quality of their loss, it's the quality of their wins. If Oregon wins out, that would likely include avenging their loss to Arizona in the P12 Championship game. I think it would be hard to keep them out at that point.

If Michigan State wins out, it's going to be hard to keep them out.

There are a lot of SEC permutations, and I think there's zero chance of them getting a 2 loss team in should Oregon, Michigan State, TCU/Kansas State winner each have 1 loss, and FSU is still undefeated.

You think Bama fans paying for Saban's house is bad, wait until the story comes out (they always do) about the amount of money that committee is getting under the table.

Based on the sneak peek we just received, ND's problem isn't the quality of their loss, it's the quality of their wins. If Oregon wins out, that would likely include avenging their loss to Arizona in the P12 Championship game. I think it would be hard to keep them out at that point.

If Michigan State wins out, it's going to be hard to keep them out.

There are a lot of SEC permutations, and I think there's zero chance of them getting a 2 loss team in should Oregon, Michigan State, TCU/Kansas State winner each have 1 loss, and FSU is still undefeated.

You think Bama fans paying for Saban's house is bad, wait until the story comes out (they always do) about the amount of money that committee is getting under the table.

That's what some are saying about Manning's real reason about quitting the "committee".

This is what drives me crazy, FSU has to remain undefeated while others get to lose a game. Chip...do you think it's the asinine can't lose late thing or the perception of isn't as good?

That's what some are saying about Manning's real reason about quitting the "committee".

This is what drives me crazy, FSU has to remain undefeated while others get to lose a game. Chip...do you think it's the asinine can't lose late thing or the perception of isn't as good?

I think FSU's problem (need to stay undefeated) will be the lack of big wins and a perceived weak conference. Clemson and Oklahoma State wins earn them little, a Florida win would earn them nothing. It's really just ND, and given the controversy around the end, I'm sure that will play for this human element.

Also working against FSU, if I may return to a WWE reference, is that they have the heel status right now. They're the team everyone hates. People are sick of Jameis, there's all the negative press, now the RB. People would just be happy to see them go away, and I'm sure that flows thru to the committee.

I think FSU's problem (need to stay undefeated) will be the lack of big wins and a perceived weak conference. Clemson and Oklahoma State wins earn them little, a Florida win would earn them nothing. It's really just ND, and given the controversy around the end, I'm sure that will play for this human element.

Also working against FSU, if I may return to a WWE reference, is that they have the heel status right now. They're the team everyone hates. People are sick of Jameis, there's all the negative press, now the RB. People would just be happy to see them go away, and I'm sure that flows thru to the committee.

The defending national champion with only 1 loss getting the boot from the final 4 if 3 other schools have 1 loss just annoys the living hell out of me because of perception, name fatigue or whatever damn excuse the publicists for other conferences are saying. This is what makes me dislike college football, the bs of it all. I see what you're saying and unfortunately have to agree because of how information flow$ to the committee.

The defending national champion with only 1 loss getting the boot from the final 4 if 3 other schools have 1 loss just annoys the living hell out of me because of perception, name fatigue or whatever damn excuse the publicists for other conferences are saying. This is what makes me dislike college football, the bs of it all. I see what you're saying and unfortunately have to agree because of how information flow$ to the committee.

It would be unfortunate to see a defending national champion with 1 loss get bounced for other 1 loss teams.

But on the flip side, if you do just look at this season in a vacuum, and put the resume together, it's not going to look as good. Whoever they lose to at this point is going to be a worse loss than the other 1 loss team had. And just not enough big wins on that schedule. Their resume becomes the same as Ohio State. And based on those rankings, Ohio State not only needs to beat Michigan State, and pray Nebraska with 1 loss makes the B1G championship game, they probably need to sling a few thousand Ben Franklins under the table.

There's so much football to be played. It's going to be a fascinating exercise.

This is exactly why the playoff needs to be Power 5 conference winners and at large teams.

This is exactly why the playoff needs to be Power 5 conference winners and at large teams.

Depending on what kind of case the P5 school(s) left out in the cold have this season, it wouldn't surprise me to see this somehow get worked out sooner than later. Especially if the SEC gets more than 1 in.

If the Final 4 is undefeated ACC, 1 loss (at most) SEC, 1 loss Big 12, 1 loss Pac 12, and the team left out is a 2 loss B1G, then the show will go on.

Depending on what kind of case the P5 school(s) left out in the cold have this season, it wouldn't surprise me to see this somehow get worked out sooner than later. Especially if the SEC gets more than 1 in.

If the Final 4 is undefeated ACC, 1 loss (at most) SEC, 1 loss Big 12, 1 loss Pac 12, and the team left out is a 2 loss B1G, then the show will go on.
back to pounding my fist on the podium here, but the committee is setting up the bevo for a nice lesson here.

10 teams, no champ game = not worthy.

espn can tell them all they want how cool they are and send them 100s of horsedrawn buggys with $$, but if their schools arent making the F4...expansion.

back to pounding my fist on the podium here, but the committee is setting up the bevo for a nice lesson here.

10 teams, no champ game = not worthy.

espn can tell them all they want how cool they are and send them 100s of horsedrawn buggys with $$, but if their schools arent making the F4...expansion.

Well at least that will get FSU and Clemson out of our division right?

Well at least that will get FSU and Clemson out of our division right?
And make it a P4 for the F4.

God help us...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom