CFB Playoff Rankings | Syracusefan.com

CFB Playoff Rankings

Looks like FSU is 13 and UNC is 14. If FSU beats Florida they'll probably be in the NY6.

sneaking in at #20, Mike Leach's Washington St. Cougars

airraid.gif

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma
4. Iowa
5. Michigan State
6. Notre Dame
7. Baylor
8. Ohio State
9. Stanford
10. Michigan
11. Oklahoma State
12. Florida
13. Florida State
14. North Carolina
15. Navy

So basically if Michigan State/Iowa win this week the Big Ten is in.
Clemson/Alabama win and they are in.

The committee has hammered Notre Dame for unconvincing wins against Wake and Boston College.

Oklahoma is @ #11 Oklahoma State, Notre Dame is @ #9 Stanford. If both win Notre Dame is out. What is going to kill Notre Dame is they won't have that extra win to jump Oklahoma. Oklahoma and Notre Dame both 11-1 advantage Oklahoma and the conference title will raise the gap.

If Florida State beats Florida the ACC will likely get 2 teams into the NYS bowl in the Peach Bowl most likely.

North Carolina if they beat NC State will likely move up to 10 because Ohio State/Michigan, Florida State/Florida, Notre Dame/Stanford, Oklahoma/Oklahoma State play.

One last thing how the heck is Ohio State ranked 8th. Look at who they have beaten and look at their eye test. This ranking of 8th is way too high if the committee wants to be consistent. Their schedule was backloaded and they looked awful against Michigan State. Ohio State if the committee looked at their resume and who they have beaten should be below Navy.

Projected NYS bowls.
Orange- #1 Clemson vs. #4 Iowa/Michigan State
Cotton- #2 Alabama vs. #3 Oklahoma
Rose- Stanford/Utah vs. Iowa/Michigan State
Sugar- Florida vs. Baylor/Oklahoma State
Fiesta- Notre Dame vs. Michigan/Ohio State
Peach- North Carolina/Florida State vs. Navy/Houston/Temple/Toledo

Too bad Navy lost to ND. If they had won, it would have been a very interesting next couple weeks, particularly since they have Houston, Temple (in Championship) and Army still left. They would have had several Top 25 wins under their belt, a record-breaking QB and a tough defense to make their case for a playoff spot. Oh, what could have been...

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Oklahoma
4. Iowa
5. Michigan State
6. Notre Dame
7. Baylor
8. Ohio State
9. Stanford
10. Michigan
11. Oklahoma State
12. Florida
13. Florida State
14. North Carolina
15. Navy

So basically if Michigan State/Iowa win this week the Big Ten is in.
Clemson/Alabama win and they are in.

The committee has hammered Notre Dame for unconvincing wins against Wake and Boston College.

Oklahoma is @ #11 Oklahoma State, Notre Dame is @ #9 Stanford. If both win Notre Dame is out. What is going to kill Notre Dame is they won't have that extra win to jump Oklahoma. Oklahoma and Notre Dame both 11-1 advantage Oklahoma and the conference title will raise the gap.

If Florida State beats Florida the ACC will likely get 2 teams into the NYS bowl in the Peach Bowl most likely.

North Carolina if they beat NC State will likely move up to 10 because Ohio State/Michigan, Florida State/Florida, Notre Dame/Stanford, Oklahoma/Oklahoma State play.

One last thing how the heck is Ohio State ranked 8th. Look at who they have beaten and look at their eye test. This ranking of 8th is way too high if the committee wants to be consistent. Their schedule was backloaded and they looked awful against Michigan State. Ohio State if the committee looked at their resume and who they have beaten should be below Navy.

Projected NYS bowls.
Orange- #1 Clemson vs. #4 Iowa/Michigan State
Cotton- #2 Alabama vs. #3 Oklahoma
Rose- Stanford/Utah vs. Iowa/Michigan State
Sugar- Florida vs. Baylor/Oklahoma State
Fiesta- Notre Dame vs. Michigan/Ohio State
Peach- North Carolina/Florida State vs. Navy/Houston/Temple/Toledo

My big question that no one is talking about is what if Clemson loses to UNC, say 33-31, in a close game? Nipped by a field goal at the gun. Do the Tigers get in? UNC is not getting in (even though I think they are playing as well as anyone right now). I think Clemson COULD survive that scenario, but not sure. They would not be conference champs and that is a big-time demerit in the system.

My big question that no one is talking about is what if Clemson loses to UNC, say 33-31, in a close game? Nipped by a field goal at the gun. Do the Tigers get in? UNC is not getting in (even though I think they are playing as well as anyone right now). I think Clemson COULD survive that scenario, but not sure. They would not be conference champs and that is a big-time demerit in the system.
It would depend on if Notre Dame beat Stanford but I think the ND would jump up and Clemson punished.

Also if its #10 UNC beating #1 Clemson then UNC could slide up to 4th.

If all the favorites win this week.
1.Clemson
2. Bama
3. Oklahoma
4. Iowa
5. Michigan State
6. Notre Dame/Stanford
7. Baylor
8. Michigan/Ohio State
9. Florida/Florida State
10. North Carolina

is your top 10.
one of Iowa/Michigan State is losing.
Michigan/Ohio State aren't moving up not playing
Florida beating Bama would put them in.
Baylor isn't rising if Clemson loses.
Stanford might have a chance but unlikely.
The 4 slot would be between Notre Dame, North Carolina, and Clemson. I think ND would get it.
However if Stanford beats Notre Dame and then UCLA/USC upset Stanford then UNC/Clemson winner is in.

MikeSU02 said:
Too bad for Notre Dame they aren't in a P5 conference with a title game. If only there was a solution for that...

They are fine missing the playoffs. The like making their own schedule more than playing for national championships.

Play like a champion!*

They are fine missing the playoffs. The like making their own schedule more than playing for national championships.

Play like a champion!*
looks to me like the committee is 'protecting' the conferences...even if 1 is the bevo.

the pac12 Fd itself up good for sure.

who said that would happen and who said nd was screwed???

wheres the nd lovers now??

It would depend on if Notre Dame beat Stanford but I think the ND would jump up and Clemson punished.

Also if its #10 UNC beating #1 Clemson then UNC could slide up to 4th.

If all the favorites win this week.
1.Clemson
2. Bama
3. Oklahoma
4. Iowa
5. Michigan State
6. Notre Dame/Stanford
7. Baylor
8. Michigan/Ohio State
9. Florida/Florida State
10. North Carolina

is your top 10.
one of Iowa/Michigan State is losing.
Michigan/Ohio State aren't moving up not playing
Florida beating Bama would put them in.
Baylor isn't rising if Clemson loses.
Stanford might have a chance but unlikely.
The 4 slot would be between Notre Dame, North Carolina, and Clemson. I think ND would get it.
However if Stanford beats Notre Dame and then UCLA/USC upset Stanford then UNC/Clemson winner is in.

Not sure ND would get the nod. Like Clemson, they are not a conference champion and they lost, head-to-head to Clemson.
It was a 2-point game, but Clemson dominated the first 50 minutes. They were up 21-3 IIRC.

Trying to come up with a scenario where both the B12 and ND are left at the altar without losing themselves, but I don't see it:
Iowa & Mich. State won't both make it;
Could SEC bias keep in Bama if they lose to Florida?

Closest thing is Stanford blowing out ND and jumping the B12 champ, I guess.

Go Hawkeyes! My second favorite team.
Hawks get rolled by any other top 10 team.

disclaimer - I am an Iowa State grad living in Iowa and am tired of hearing about the Hawkeyes. Good story...but they have literally played no one.

disclaimer - I am an Iowa State grad living in Iowa and am tired of hearing about the Hawkeyes. Good story...but they have literally played no one.

My dad is an Iowa grad so I cheer for them also. Iowa played at Northwestern, at Wisconsin and Pittsburgh. They have to play Iowa State out of conference - not their fault you suck so bad :) - And yes I do realize how many times the Cyclones have upset Iowa in the Ferentz era. But it does hardly seems like they are playing in the Big 10 with no Michigan, Michigan State or Ohio St on the schedule. Just have to focus on Nebraska, which they choked away last year, and then they'll get Ohio State or Michigan State and see how they do.

Trying to come up with a scenario where both the B12 and ND are left at the altar without losing themselves, but I don't see it:

Baylor loses.
Okie Okie St tie.

Stanford crushes nd and Utah.

Only shot.

looks to me like the committee is 'protecting' the conferences...even if 1 is the bevo.

I'm sure they'll be around to tell you you're wrong. ;)

A lot of football left to be played.

ND shot itself in the foot by committing five TOs in BC territory despite rolling up 450 yards. Has nothing to do with conference championships etc. They haven't played well the last two weeks and it cost them. Has zero to do with protecting conferences. Your logic was Bevo couldn't get in because they don't have a conference tournament. That logic has been thrown right out the window. Actually I kinda like the flexibility of your logic. When ND was ranked in the top 4 you said they didn't belong because they weren't good enough, didn't beat anybody etc. When they're outside the top 4 it's because they're not in a conference. Heads you win tails you win.

Play like a champion!*

Haters gonna hate.

Not sure ND would get the nod. Like Clemson, they are not a conference champion and they lost, head-to-head to Clemson.
It was a 2-point game, but Clemson dominated the first 50 minutes. They were up 21-3 IIRC.

ND outgained Clemson by 150 yards. Was a tales of two halves.

Bama loses to Florida and they're toast. Florida has looked hideous for several weeks now. So the likelihood is slim imo. If Bama were to lose it's more likely in the Iron Bowl

It is unbelievable to me that they're ranked 4th. A complete joke. Their body of work is very flimsy. Here's all you need to know about Iowa. They're 1.5 favorites at Nebraska.

Baylor loses.
Okie Okie St tie.

Stanford crushes nd and Utah.

Only shot.

That scenario would produce Clemson, Bama, B1G and OU. A one loss, one tie OU gets in over a two loss Stanford. Easy.

If UNC wins out they absolutely deserve to be in the playoff. beating Tech at Beamer's last game was an incredible accomplishment in my opinion. Very few teams would have won in that situation. they are playing as good as anyone right now and I predict they do win out and beat Clemson.

bpo57 said:
A lot of football left to be played. ND shot itself in the foot by committing five TOs in BC territory despite rolling up 450 yards. Has nothing to do with conference championships etc. They haven't played well the last two weeks and it cost them. Has zero to do with protecting conferences. Your logic was Bevo couldn't get in because they don't have a conference tournament. That logic has been thrown right out the window. Actually I kinda like the flexibility of your logic. When ND was ranked in the top 4 you said they didn't belong because they weren't good enough, didn't beat anybody etc. When they're outside the top 4 it's because they're not in a conference. Heads you win tails you win.

If they were in a conference they'd have an extra game, maybe a rematch with Clemson. But they don't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom