Class of 2014 - Chad Mavety | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Chad Mavety

Can't blame him. Jimbo just signed an extension. They're fielding one of the best football teams in recent memory. There's a good shot of them repeating next year, too.

can't believe they have to go the JUCO route - they must be getting desperate :rolleyes:
you have to keep in mind that programs like FSU lose kids to the NFL every year. They have some talented prospects on the OL that will enter the draft as redshirt juinors or soph's. So they have to pick up juco's that can fill in until the younger lineman in the program develop.

money3189 said:
you have to keep in mind that programs like FSU lose kids to the NFL every year. They have some talented prospects on the OL that will enter the draft as redshirt juinors or soph's. So they have to pick up juco's that can fill in until the younger lineman in the program develop.

Tough problem to have ;).

As long as he didn't end up at Penn St or Ohio St, I'm good. Keep strengthening our conference is the other silver lining for me. We share some revenues with FSU, so keep feeding them.

I know Money - that was intended for all of the hand-wringers that come out of the woodwork every time SU is looking at a juco player and lament that SU is going that route. Fact is that its a smart way to quickly fortify areas of need on the roster and not just a move made out of desperation.

Fair to say, that Rutgers pulled their offer to Mavety which is why he had to settle for FSU?
Settle for FSU, isn't that an oxymoron at any rate, Rutgers and FSU? Can't be more contradictory than those two schools...or is Bipolar a better example? At least in their ability to function as a program that is! :)

As long as he didn't end up at Penn St or Ohio St, I'm good. Keep strengthening our conference is the other silver lining for me. We share some revenues with FSU, so keep feeding them.
Yeah except we have to play him now. hehe ((nervously))

So is this evidence that we are not snake bitten and that we aren't the only program these things seem to happen to?

I'll take "Highly rated NE guys who consider Syracuse, but go to a southern powerhouse on to have their careers cut short by injury or stupidity" for 500, Alex.

He is a family friend of mine. This wasn't a football related injury. There was a serious health issue that arose...so not too funny to be joking about.

colts15 said:
He is a family friend of mine. This wasn't a football related injury. There was a serious health issue that arose...so not too funny to be joking about.

No offense meant at all - more a statement about the NE players recent run of bad turns at other schools. We've had our share too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom